There are 234 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by pd24:
KC has the most penalized Offensive lineman in football. It is their RT. Bosa should get home and draw penalties

Meh, that referee Superbowl crew is the same crew in 2019 that never called holding on KC. (or so I think, I could be wrong). Point I'm making is that referees generally don't call penalties in the playoffs and Moreso in the Superbowl, it's the way they are graded and judged (from regular season games) to qualify to be able to work the playoffs and Superbowl games.

Does it matter ? Detroit converted on a 3rd and 12 (running it!) and a 3rd and 18 on the same drive. I feel more comfortable when this team has to defend a 3rd and short than when they have to defend 3rd and long
🤔 Accurate…

Originally posted by tankle104:
KC has the most penalized Offensive lineman in football. It is their RT. Bosa should get home and draw penalties

I've heard that their all-pro guard is most likely not playing, which would be big for us.

That's big if true. I read somewhere about a torn pectoral muscle or something like that. Health has been a big factor in *all* our five Superbowl wins, for sure.

9ers OL need to learn how to start early and hold. Why not?
The biggest thing is not to get crazy. Teams seem to go up against the Chiefs, psych themselves out and get away from what they're best at. The Ravens had the #1 rushing offense, the Chiefs have one of the worst rushing defenses in the NFL and inexplicably Baltimore only ran it ten times.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
🤔 Accurate…

That is freaking hilarious! Love it.
If we focus our gameplan around the run game and protect the football, we will be fine. I would be more worried if KC had better receivers.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The biggest thing is not to get crazy. Teams seem to go up against the Chiefs, psych themselves out and get away from what they're best at. The Ravens had the #1 rushing offense, the Chiefs have one of the worst rushing defenses in the NFL and inexplicably Baltimore only ran it ten times.

While simultaneously watching Lamar go Lamar in the passing game during the playoffs. Not smart.

Especially in that kind of weather. Their running back was averaging 6+ YPC. Lol I was confused why they did that.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrEll:

Meh, that referee Superbowl crew is the same crew in 2019 that never called holding on KC. (or so I think, I could be wrong). Point I'm making is that referees generally don't call penalties in the playoffs and Moreso in the Superbowl, it's the way they are graded and judged (from regular season games) to qualify to be able to work the playoffs and Superbowl games.

Does it matter ? Detroit converted on a 3rd and 12 (running it!) and a 3rd and 18 on the same drive. I feel more comfortable when this team has to defend a 3rd and short than when they have to defend 3rd and long

Those crack toss plays gave the Wide 9 scheme problems until they figured it out. Basically the DB opposit the Crack-blocking WR run blitzed, and that stopped the Lions run game cold. KC will probably do that to the 49er defense, but not as much as the Lions did. The problem is if the DB run blitzes and guesses wrong then you are a man down on the defensive coverage - Patrick will just *love* that situation.

• Giedi
  • Veteran

I think the Ravens panicked, just like the Lions did when they got behind the 49ers. Kyle too, I think, tends to panic when he gets behind.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
🤔 Accurate…

lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

While simultaneously watching Lamar go Lamar in the passing game during the playoffs. Not smart.
Lamar is a decent passer, and he just needs a Tyreek Hill/Brandon Aiyuk on offense and he'll be deadly in the playoffs. Raven's offense aren't too far behind us, in a sense, they just need a bit firepower on the WR side and they can beat KC.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Especially in that kind of weather. Their running back was averaging 6+ YPC. Lol I was confused why they did that.

Wow I didn't know the Chiefs had a bad run defense. Good to know. And didn't the Lions have a good run defense??

Side note that Allegretti dude is the son of my mother-in-laws good friend growing up in Valpo Indiana. I actually communicated with his dad while I worked at Deloitte. He was there in 2019 as well. I'm adding him to the core group of Chiefs we must get revenge against
Share 49ersWebzone