George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 168 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
hopefully the field is tarped

You would think lol
Originally posted by Montana:
Meh it's raining pretty good again
hopefully the field is tarped
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
It's ok. Nobody believes in us. It's us against the world. When we win, it'll be the biggest upset in Super Bowl history which will make it all the sweeter.
Give me a break. The Niners are slight Vegas favorites.

The Patriots were 12.5 point favorites in 2007. The Niners were 18.5 point favorites in 1994 over the Chargers.

I get that a lot of analysts are picking the Chiefs, but good lord.

Why are you using the line as the only definition of an underdog? The overwhelming majority of the money has come in on KC money line - bettors aren't even taking the points.

And Vegas sets lines to encourage as much betting as possible that will in turn make them the winners.

This. I get discouraged watching all of the pundits drool over Pat, call him the GOAT, say the Niners have no chance. Then I look to the folks who actually have a dog in the fight and what their view is. House always wins, guys.

Reminds me of listening to everyone sucking Marino's sack in '84...

Oh how are we ever gonna beat those chiefs? They are exceptional football players, and especially their quarterback. Mahomes is throwing the ball in an amazing fashion... He's got the quick, strong arm, and he doesn't have to get his feet just right to throw it. He can just whip the ball to anyone without really indicating where it's going...oh, they have such a great offense! Oh my God! How are we going to stop them? Jeez, their defense... how are we going to be able to get a first down? Or even a yard?

Now I wanna break through that wall and kick their ass myself.

Legendary talk by Walsh
Just saw that episode on the Montana documentary on paramount (or peacock can't remember).
  • JEP83
  • Veteran
I know that Super Bowl MVP is typically an offensive player but who on D could pull that off and what would they need to do?
Originally posted by JEP83:
I know that Super Bowl MVP is typically an offensive player but who on D could pull that off and what would they need to do?

Bosa, 3+ sacks, with at least one involving a turnover. I just dont see a way that we win without an outstanding offensive performance from someone. Usually a defensive player wins when the QB didnt do much and a DB had like 2 picks.

I would be surprised if we won and it wasn't Purdy or CMC.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

IMO it could be between these three:

Bosa
Warner
Greenlaw
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

Its kind of hard to imagine his father being the one to start Bill Walsh's NFL coaching career.the 👀
Originally posted by Niners99:

Bosa, 3+ sacks, with at least one involving a turnover. I just dont see a way that we win without an outstanding offensive performance from someone. Usually a defensive player wins when the QB didnt do much and a DB had like 2 picks.

I would be surprised if we won and it wasn't Purdy or CMC.

Fred is perfectly capable of putting up the numbers to do it as well. *edit* I didn't see Kolohe post something similar, my bad lol.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Feb 7, 2024 at 1:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Bosa
Warner
Greenlaw

Man I wish we had Huff for this game. He was sorely missed this season; I wasn't surprised how much his presence was missed, he would be on that list too imo
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Bosa
Warner
Greenlaw

Man I wish we had Huff for this game. He was sorely missed this season; I wasn't surprised how much his presence was missed, he would be on that list too imo

Well, being that he is the only starter we've lost to injry this season I'll take it. I don't think any team will ever make it through an entire season 100% healthy.

Is this a trap game?
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Is this a trap game?

Yes. For the chefs.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Super Bowl script has been leaked

Dang I may not survive a double OT Super Bowl

This my household couldn't handle a double OT, just to watch moody blow a kick at the end
It is crazy to me how many casuals are on the Chiefs this week.

They only have one path to victory. Niners have many.

Vegas gonna just rake it in.

It's Mahomes and nothing else. Our team top to bottom is better. We have a HC that's just as good imo.

the media has all but confirmed KC is gonna win, regardless of our team being the better team all yr. Is what it is. Prove all those s**t stains wrong.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It is crazy to me how many casuals are on the Chiefs this week.

They only have one path to victory. Niners have many.

Vegas gonna just rake it in.

It's Mahomes and nothing else. Our team top to bottom is better. We have a HC that's just as good imo.

the media has all but confirmed KC is gonna win, regardless of our team being the better team all yr. Is what it is. Prove all those s**t stains wrong.

71% of money bet on the spread is with KC, and 76% on KC for moneyline. Don't think I've ever seen Vegas lose that bad, so I ignore the media and follow the money.
Share 49ersWebzone