There are 193 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Cosmo:
Yep. Everyone else is enamored with Mahomes for making it here, forgetting how their team played the other 17 games. Vegas doesn't have all of those bright lights because they give money away.

As a guy who heads to Vegas quite a bit…I couldn't agree more haha
Originally posted by Montana:
But dude..a guy this freaked out about the Blue Man Group? Kinda gives me more confidence we take this guy haha.

Blue man group…one of the worst things I've ever watched…totally not what I thought it was gonna be lol.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
It was the AFC Championship win against the Ravens. That swung the whole narrative.

Before the playoffs, it was "okay they're not winning multiple road playoff games with this receiving corps. They finished the season 5-5." Then after the Dolphins game it was "meh Dolphins are frauds anyway." Then after the Bills game it was "not bad but Buffalo did miss a kick and only had half their defense, let's see how they do in Baltimore."

Then after they beat Baltimore it's "wow this team can really flip a switch in the playoffs! First three-peat here we come, maybe?"

It wasn't even that they beat Baltimore…Lamar just decided not to do Lamar things. Dude could have ran for like 150 yards with the lanes that were there. He decided he wanted to be Eli Manning instead lol.

Bills/Baltimore shot themselves in the foot. KC just played relatively TO free football (one fumble vs the Bills). If SF plays clean football, they will win the game.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 7, 2024 at 6:38 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It wasn't even that they beat Baltimore…Lamar just decided not to do Lamar things. Dude could have ran for like 150 yards with the lanes that were there. He decided he wanted to be Eli Manning instead lol.

Bills/Baltimore shot themselves in the foot. KC just played TO free football. If SF plays clean football, they will win the game.

Unfortunately, there is more to it than that. The league has something to say when it comes to their 'winners.'
Lol when Fred, Jones, BP and Pat were asked questions on the podium..at the end of the questions after he was booed..Pat's body language.."s**t, this ain't no Jimmy G standing next to me.". I really think Pat is a little worried about this one haha. All the while..assassin BP with the Christian Bale stare. Badass man. Humble then turns into John Preston. Gotta love it.

Wow. I'm impressed. This is awesomely delusional..
Originally posted by tnteicher:

I will go with awesomely delusional
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Yep. Everyone else is enamored with Mahomes for making it here, forgetting how their team played the other 17 games. Vegas doesn't have all of those bright lights because they give money away.

As a guy who heads to Vegas quite a bit…I couldn't agree more haha

Not sure if you're referring to the spread. Just remember, Vegas makes money no matter who wins. They're not betting. They're managing the line based on existing bets.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
As long as they're not a Dallas, GB, Seattle, or Philadelphia fan, then probably.

Cowboys fan here. I'll be pulling for the 49ers, not because of any dislike for Taylor Swift or the Chiefs, but because I like Brock Purdy. It would be cool to see the last player taken in the draft win it all. Go, Niners!
But dude..a guy this freaked out about the Blue Man Group? Kinda gives me more confidence we take this guy haha.

Blue man group…one of the worst things I've ever watched…totally not what I thought it was gonna be lol.

The Blueman group show has fallen. I have seen it twice over the years. The last time was disappointing.
Originally posted by tnteicher:
Lol when Fred, Jones, BP and Pat were asked questions on the podium..at the end of the questions after he was booed..Pat's body language.."s**t, this ain't no Jimmy G standing next to me.". I really think Pat is a little worried about this one haha. All the while..assassin BP with the Christian Bale stare. Badass man. Humble then turns into John Preston. Gotta love it.

Stfu

Originally posted by ReverendConehead:
As long as they're not a Dallas, GB, Seattle, or Philadelphia fan, then probably.

Cowboys fan here. I'll be pulling for the 49ers, not because of any dislike for Taylor Swift or the Chiefs, but because I like Brock Purdy. It would be cool to see the last player taken in the draft win it all. Go, Niners!

A cool cowboys fan? Nice.
Originally posted by ReverendConehead:

Yeah Brock is a great sports/football story. Not sure why all the critical 'hate'. Only thing I can think of is the 'he got everything handed to him' angle. Went to SB caliber team, inherented all the weapons, silver spoon. Spoiled brat-- why should we give him any praise for that. Hate the upper class, while we all have to work for what we have. The dude came into the Dolphins game last year, started winning, didn't have to work for s**t
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 7, 2024 at 7:13 AM ]
Crazy how the national media has us as a nice story buy golden boy Patrick Mahomes is absolutely unbeatable. Just wait till the receivers drop balls or he's sacked. I mean he is great don't get me wrong but so are we.
I feel great about us winning this game. just need to play our best ball and it shouldn't even be close. the team has seemed to play their best against opponents who were considered great. I think we underestimated the pack and lions, wont happen again.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Yeah Brock is a great sports/football story. Not sure why all the critical 'hate'. Only thing I can think of is the 'he got everything handed to him' angle. Went to SB caliber team, inherented all the weapons, silver spoon. Spoiled brat-- why should we give him any praise for that. Hate the upper class, while we all have to work for what we have. The dude came into the Dolphins game last year, started winning, didn't have to work for s**t

Yeah, all this crap where people say Purdy only wins because of being a "system quarterback" is all nonsense. Joe Montana also benefited from being in a system that matched his abilities perfectly. That doesn't make him bad; in fact, he was one of the best ever. I'm not saying Purdy's as good as Montana. He's not, but he doesn't have to be. Washington won a Super Bowl with Mark Rypien at quarterback. Rypien was highly competent and not easily rattled, but I wouldn't call him as good as a Montana, a Brady, or a Marino. I see a lot of the same stuff in Purdy that Rypien had. Purdy makes plays when he needs to, and he doesn't cave to pressure. He doesn't have to put the whole team on his shoulders, and that's a good thing. This team has an excellent O-line and running game, which is a smart way to do things. I've never liked the leagues trend at trying to be pass happy and do everything through the air. With a great running game, you can force defenses into-run stopping formations; then your QB can kill them via the pass with more open receivers. IMO, the Niners will do that. It's how I think they'll beat the Chiefs.
Share 49ersWebzone