There are 195 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by ReverendConehead:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
As long as they're not a Dallas, GB, Seattle, or Philadelphia fan, then probably.

Cowboys fan here. I'll be pulling for the 49ers, not because of any dislike for Taylor Swift or the Chiefs, but because I like Brock Purdy. It would be cool to see the last player taken in the draft win it all. Go, Niners!

A cool cowboys fan? Nice.

I have met several Cowboys fans pulling for Purdy, will definitely take the good mojo. And this sure ain't the 90s anymore lol.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Yep. Everyone else is enamored with Mahomes for making it here, forgetting how their team played the other 17 games. Vegas doesn't have all of those bright lights because they give money away.

As a guy who heads to Vegas quite a bit…I couldn't agree more haha

Not sure if you're referring to the spread. Just remember, Vegas makes money no matter who wins. They're not betting. They're managing the line based on existing bets.

I'm referring to the house always winning.
Originally posted by tnteicher:
Originally posted by Montana:
Lol when Fred, Jones, BP and Pat were asked questions on the podium..at the end of the questions after he was booed..Pat's body language.."s**t, this ain't no Jimmy G standing next to me.". I really think Pat is a little worried about this one haha. All the while..assassin BP with the Christian Bale stare. Badass man. Humble then turns into John Preston. Gotta love it.

Wow. I'm impressed. This is awesomely delusional..

Originally posted by tankle104:
I feel great about us winning this game. just need to play our best ball and it shouldn't even be close. the team has seemed to play their best against opponents who were considered great. I think we underestimated the pack and lions, wont happen again.

Will never understand why the Lions went for it on 4th and 2 with that lead..giving the best offense in the NFL a good chance at great field position makes no sense. And they did it twice. They threw away that game..and I am happy about it:)
I feel great about us winning this game. just need to play our best ball and it shouldn't even be close. the team has seemed to play their best against opponents who were considered great. I think we underestimated the pack and lions, wont happen again.

Will never understand why the Lions went for it on 4th and 2 with that lead..giving the best offense in the NFL a good chance at great field position makes no sense. And they did it twice. They threw away that game..and I am happy about it:)

lol yeah.. idk its tough because if it worked out - he's a genius. realistically, the play was there but their guy didn't come through. it wasn't like we were shutting those plays down - we only actually stopped them on one fourth down. the others were there to be made. it's more bad execution but at the same time, he should of taken the points. on at least one of them. thats the inexperience in the playoffs as a head coach, IMO.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Feb 7, 2024 at 7:38 AM ]
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Yep. Everyone else is enamored with Mahomes for making it here, forgetting how their team played the other 17 games. Vegas doesn't have all of those bright lights because they give money away.

As a guy who heads to Vegas quite a bit…I couldn't agree more haha

Not sure if you're referring to the spread. Just remember, Vegas makes money no matter who wins. They're not betting. They're managing the line based on existing bets.

Really? So they set the money line at +110 for chefs and 75% of the gamblers take it. If the chefs win, they pay 10% more to all those dudes. After collecting 20% from the 25% of dudes who bet the other way, it doesn't cover their losses. So are you talking about their slot machines covering it?
Lol when Fred, Jones, BP and Pat were asked questions on the podium..at the end of the questions after he was booed..Pat's body language.."s**t, this ain't no Jimmy G standing next to me.". I really think Pat is a little worried about this one haha. All the while..assassin BP with the Christian Bale stare. Badass man. Humble then turns into John Preston. Gotta love it.

Im betting Mahomes would kiss a ref if it meant he would be THAT attractive...
These last few days before the SB are terrible. The angst is building and everything meaningful has been said. I wish the game was tomorrow night.
I have met several Cowboys fans pulling for Purdy, will definitely take the good mojo. And this sure ain't the 90s anymore lol.

I also felt bad for Purdy a season ago in the NFC Championship. Once both he and the backup were injured, he literally had no chance anymore to win the game. To boot, his girlfriend was at the game and was so harassed by some Eagles there that she feared for her life. IMO, there's no place in the game for behavior like that. If some fan from another team visits your stadium, you should simply welcome them. They paid for their ticket and therefore can root for whomever they want. So, hopefully, the 49ers will win this thing. Purdy has earned his spot on this team, and has made the plays he needs to for this team to do well. Best of luck to Purdy and to the 49ers in the big dance.

Im betting Mahomes would kiss a ref if it meant he would be THAT attractive...

You got legit NFL players posting this one lol

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
It was the AFC Championship win against the Ravens. That swung the whole narrative.

Before the playoffs, it was "okay they're not winning multiple road playoff games with this receiving corps. They finished the season 5-5." Then after the Dolphins game it was "meh Dolphins are frauds anyway." Then after the Bills game it was "not bad but Buffalo did miss a kick and only had half their defense, let's see how they do in Baltimore."

Then after they beat Baltimore it's "wow this team can really flip a switch in the playoffs! First three-peat here we come, maybe?"

It would be the first B2B wins since the 2003-2004 pats. Not a three peat - it would be 3/5 years.
He's talking about if KC wins Sunday, then maybe 3 peat next year. Heard the talking heads spout it when saying Reid won't retire to try for the 3 peat. Some media even putting mahomes in goat conversation right now. I'm just ready for the talk to be over and get to the game.
Originally posted by ReverendConehead:

I also felt bad for Purdy a season ago in the NFC Championship. Once both he and the backup were injured, he literally had no chance anymore to win the game. To boot, his girlfriend was at the game and was so harassed by some Eagles there that she feared for her life. IMO, there's no place in the game for behavior like that. If some fan from another team visits your stadium, you should simply welcome them. They paid for their ticket and therefore can root for whomever they want. So, hopefully, the 49ers will win this thing. Purdy has earned his spot on this team, and has made the plays he needs to for this team to do well. Best of luck to Purdy and to the 49ers in the big dance.

Hey thanks man:). Didn't know that about his gf, if true, that is terrible. We stomped the Eagles azz and they crumbled after that..so, they can chew on that for a while:)
Everything this week on NFLN, even prior leading up to the AFCCG, is just one big chiefs coronation
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Everything this week on NFLN, even prior leading up to the AFCCG, is just one big chiefs coronation

Brock Purdy: "We'll see"
Hey thanks man:). Didn't know that about his gf, if true, that is terrible. We stomped the Eagles azz and they crumbled after that..so, they can chew on that for a while:)

Yes, I saw that game and enjoyed it. I know a few Eagles fans who are decent people, but I'm glad the ones who harassed her had to eat crow.
Share 49ersWebzone