There are 158 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Everything this week on NFLN, even prior leading up to the AFCCG, is just one big chiefs coronation

Yea, it's annoying. Outside of this fanbase and the team itself, it doesn't seem like anyone believes we can win. Been like that all year. That's ok, the 49ers have thrived all year as the underdog.

Listening to Guy Haberman this morning (who thinks we'll win the game), and he said the general consensus amongst the national media there is that the 49ers will get blown out.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Feb 7, 2024 at 8:24 AM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Everything this week on NFLN, even prior leading up to the AFCCG, is just one big chiefs coronation

Stopped watching the big networks on tv beginning Monday. Just listening to the podcasts at this point. 75% of ESPN analysts picked the Chiefs to win. Even Baldy letting us down with the Chiefs pick. But I looked back to last year. Most of these goons picked Philadelphia last year.

Just hoping we come out firing on all cylinders…
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by tnteicher:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by tnteicher:
Originally posted by Montana:
Lol when Fred, Jones, BP and Pat were asked questions on the podium..at the end of the questions after he was booed..Pat's body language.."s**t, this ain't no Jimmy G standing next to me.". I really think Pat is a little worried about this one haha. All the while..assassin BP with the Christian Bale stare. Badass man. Humble then turns into John Preston. Gotta love it.

Wow. I'm impressed. This is awesomely delusional..

Im betting Mahomes would kiss a ref if it meant he would be THAT attractive...

You got legit NFL players posting this one lol

Even Jim Nantz and Tony Romo have been feeling the Mahomes-refs connection. They've been calling out penalties this season. Every time KC gets call (especially a roughing the passer), they go back and talk about whether it was legit. The world knows that Mahomes works the refs like no other (except maybe Tom Brady)…
I predicted AP Fred Warner will be SB MVP in an earlier thread, and Shawn Marriman agrees no big deal... ITS HAPPENING

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/shawne-merriman-fred-warner-super-bowl-mvp/1700050/
Originally posted by BP13:
I predicted AP Fred Warner will be SB MVP in an earlier thread, and Shawn Marriman agrees no big deal... ITS HAPPENING

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/shawne-merriman-fred-warner-super-bowl-mvp/1700050/

He also said Chiefs winning even though the 49ers are the better team…

idc if the water boy/girl is the MVP, as long as we win it. lol I personally want brock or CMC to get it. Ideally brock cause I'm selfish like that and want his career to be insanely successful. lol
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Yea, it's annoying. Outside of this fanbase and the team itself, it doesn't seem like anyone believes we can win. Been like that all year. That's ok, the 49ers have thrived all year as the underdog.

Listening to Guy Haberman this morning (who thinks we'll win the game), and he said the general consensus amongst the national media there is that the 49ers will get blown out.

I wasn't sure if it was just bad timing on my part, but Everytime I would go to watch some Superbowl coverage whether it be NFLN, various ESPN shows, YouTube channels, etc it was always Chiefs topics and coverage. I'd be like fine I'll check back in in 15 mins and it was still the same crap.

And yes I know those shows suck but I'm on paternity leave and bored at home.
Niners have been way better than the Chiefs all season. Nothing has changed
Originally posted by tankle104:

idc if the water boy/girl is the MVP, as long as we win it. lol I personally want brock or CMC to get it. Ideally brock cause I'm selfish like that and want his career to be insanely successful. lol

Warner would need a pick 6 at the minimum to win it. If CMC gets over 100 and 2 TDs then forget it. He'll get it.
  • BigT
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Not sure if you're referring to the spread. Just remember, Vegas makes money no matter who wins. They're not betting. They're managing the line based on existing bets.

Nobody seems to understand this. SB odds are always jacked up. I am sure that there was a lot of money bet on both the niners and chiefs to win it all in futures bets at a high odds. They now have to manipulate the line to cover those positions. Some have said Vegas is setting the line low because they feel the Niners will win and they want dumb money on the Chiefs. They may need dumb money on the Chiefs to cover some of their positions but they are not putting their money at risk to cover the bets. Vegas is only interested in covering their exposure not gambling. There is too much money at stake on a SB.

Did Dave Dameshek ask his yearly media day question of "Is this a must win game?"
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

He also said Chiefs winning even though the 49ers are the better team…

Oh damn I guess I didn't see that. That must have been the CTE talking, lol.
Originally posted by tankle104:

I am so with you, I want Brock to get it, and 100% believe he can.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Did Dave Dameshek ask his yearly media day question of "Is this a must win game?"

That's a great question, reminds me of Brian Regan
Brock is going to ball out, everyone watching will finally see what we've seen all year. This kid is on the verge of being great and he'll prove it on Sunday. M.V.Purdy !
Share 49ersWebzone