There are 184 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

For me, the deciding factor on whether the 49ers can win or not will be if our defense can stop the run or not. Pacheco is a violent runner. If the defense that played the packers and lions shows up, this team isn't winning anything. Gotta stop the run. Also gotta worry about mahomes gashing us for 15 yards at a time.

I hate to be the "grassy knoll" guy, but I don't see how the 49ers win. I fully expect Kittle PI 2019 BS calls any time the Chiefs need help. Holding on the 49ers, none on KC, PI on 49ers / KC allowed to get away with it, etc. I mean, Taylor gotta be happy right? f**k Swifties right along with the Chiefs.
World class journalism being done this media week.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Awesome! Stress-free Superbowl!!!
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Everything this week on NFLN, even prior leading up to the AFCCG, is just one big chiefs coronation

Stopped watching the big networks on tv beginning Monday. Just listening to the podcasts at this point. 75% of ESPN analysts picked the Chiefs to win. Even Baldy letting us down with the Chiefs pick. But I looked back to last year. Most of these goons picked Philadelphia last year.

Just hoping we come out firing on all cylinders…
Last year the eagles were the better team. Not by much though - barely. This year we're the better team, and the gap is much wider.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Patton:
I guess by this logic you have no issue with Patrick Mahomes dad lmao 👍

I could careless

You probably also could not care less about your grammar.
Wow, out of 64 highly trained ESPN NFL experts, only 3 picked Purdy to win Super Bowl MVP. Disrespectful.
Originally posted by BigT:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Not sure if you're referring to the spread. Just remember, Vegas makes money no matter who wins. They're not betting. They're managing the line based on existing bets.

Nobody seems to understand this. SB odds are always jacked up. I am sure that there was a lot of money bet on both the niners and chiefs to win it all in futures bets at a high odds. They now have to manipulate the line to cover those positions. Some have said Vegas is setting the line low because they feel the Niners will win and they want dumb money on the Chiefs. They may need dumb money on the Chiefs to cover some of their positions but they are not putting their money at risk to cover the bets. Vegas is only interested in covering their exposure not gambling. There is too much money at stake on a SB.

Consider:
The line has gotten as low as Niners -1.5 ... The current line is -2 to -2.5 depending on the book.
75-80% of the tickets AND the money is on KC. Vegas refusal to adjust the line accordingly is very telling. It's an anomaly to be sure, but it is a case where Vegas, with a Niners win, stands to make a s**t ton of money, not just the 10% on the juice.

Why do you suppose then, Vegas isn't moving the line?

Exactly.
[ Edited by NinerPride365 on Feb 7, 2024 at 9:33 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerPride365:
Not sure if you're referring to the spread. Just remember, Vegas makes money no matter who wins. They're not betting. They're managing the line based on existing bets.

Nobody seems to understand this. SB odds are always jacked up. I am sure that there was a lot of money bet on both the niners and chiefs to win it all in futures bets at a high odds. They now have to manipulate the line to cover those positions. Some have said Vegas is setting the line low because they feel the Niners will win and they want dumb money on the Chiefs. They may need dumb money on the Chiefs to cover some of their positions but they are not putting their money at risk to cover the bets. Vegas is only interested in covering their exposure not gambling. There is too much money at stake on a SB.

Consider:
The line has gotten as low as Niners -1.5 ... The current line is -2 to -2.5 depending on the book.
75-80% of the tickets AND the money is on KC. Vegas refusal to adjust the line accordingly is very telling. It's an anomaly to be sure, but it is a case where Vegas, with a Niners win, stands to make a s**t ton of money, not just the 10% on the juice.

Exactly.

They know the Niners are the better team. The spread is perfect.

• thl408
Originally posted by NinerPride365:

Consider:

Exactly.

Unless KC wins by 1 point.
Lines don't have anything to do with the game. It's just betting stuff. It has no impact.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Wow, out of 64 highly trained ESPN NFL experts, only 3 picked Purdy to win Super Bowl MVP. Disrespectful.

There is massive media bias against him. I can 100% see a position player getting MVP if the niners win. I put money on CMC at +450 for this very reason
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Niners have been way better than the Chiefs all season. Nothing has changed

Except the last 2 games.

chiefs have flipped a switch and 9era have had to come from behind.

i don't think the regular season is all that relevant now.

9ers will need to play their best game of the year to win. Like the dallas or Philly performances.
Originally posted by Crown:
Except the last 2 games.

chiefs have flipped a switch and 9era have had to come from behind.

i don't think the regular season is all that relevant now.

9ers will need to play their best game of the year to win. Like the dallas or Philly performances.

I don't think they need their best game of the year. I just think the defense needs to show up and play to their capabilities. Nobody needs to go above and beyond their capabilities
Share 49ersWebzone