LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 175 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

If Brock plays a clean game and our front 4 can apply consistent pressure on D from the 1st snap we win. Either of those two fail and we lose.
[ Edited by WINiner on Feb 7, 2024 at 10:13 AM ]
I'm not worried about who's MVP. I mean it seems like our best chance to win is to run the ball well since stopping that hasn't been KC's strength. They are poor against screens too.

So obviously could see it being multiple guys.

Ultimately we have to win.
Originally posted by tnteicher:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Wow, out of 64 highly trained ESPN NFL experts, only 3 picked Purdy to win Super Bowl MVP. Disrespectful.

It's weird, I always feel better when the national media is picking against us. If they suddenly started giving the team a lot of love, I'm not sure I'd trust it. For me it's a better sign when they aren't in our side.

If the Niners win the SB it will because of CMC or Deboo. Purdy is the game manager.

Why are you here? Don't you have a klan rally to attend?

Touch a nerve? Truth too much to take? So we resort to name calling?

You've been smoking too much of that midwest meth if you think Brock is merely a game manager.
You've been smoking too much of that midwest meth if you think Brock is merely a game manager.

He is a product of your offense,, nothing more. Jimmy G looked like a pro bowler in that system. Enough said
Originally posted by Silky:
I still think the best bet is a 60+ yard FG being made at +3500 odds. $50 for $1750. I have a feeling it will happen

I wouldn't bet on it. For some reason, tho Moody has the elite leg, Kyle often doesn't call on him to attempt from even 50+. He will even plus territory punt, over doing so. Which kind of flies in the face of the reason for taking a big legged kicker, but it's what we are doing. KC is a little similar in that they may also pass up these ultra long FGs, but probably with the logic of keeping Mahomes on the field, rather than taking a crazy long FG. This is kind of a throwing away money bet, imo. It's almost certain no kicker will even attempt from that range, and even if you get the attempt, it would then have to be hit perfect and a made FG.

He is a product of your offense,, nothing more. Jimmy G looked like a pro bowler in that system. Enough said

Drugs are bad.
  • thl408

Drugs are bad.

You can tell he's been watching the sports talk shows where everyone shouts at each other.

How many playoff passes did Jimmy G throw to reach the SB?

The team outside JG was amazing (elite D and run game)

JG was a step above average but had obvious flaws....the biggest was an inability to throw the deep ball

Purdy can and will make all the throws...that is why this offense isn't just "good" but elite. The offensive efficiency is near historic highs...on par with the Rams greatest show in turf

"Enough said." Thank God you're done, because everything else you said revealed the extent of how dumb you are and we've heard enough.
Originally posted by thl408:

Drugs are bad.

You can tell he's been watching the sports talk shows where everyone shouts at each other.

Probably has a portrait of Nick Wright hanging on his wall.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm not worried about who's MVP. I mean it seems like our best chance to win is to run the ball well since stopping that hasn't been KC's strength. They are poor against screens too.

Would you say it's a must win game?
Originally posted by thl408:

Drugs are bad.

Oh yeah, watching national sports media is the equivalent of sticking brain eating amoebas up your nose.
Niners have a better roster, healthier than KC going into SB, more offensive weapons, we finally have a QB we've been needing for years. If the Niners don't pull this off, it'll be an utter failure and disappointment.
  • thl408
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Would you say it's a must win game?

It's a Must win game, but also a trap game.
Originally posted by NinerPride365:
Consider:
The line has gotten as low as Niners -1.5 ... The current line is -2 to -2.5 depending on the book.
75-80% of the tickets AND the money is on KC. Vegas refusal to adjust the line accordingly is very telling. It's an anomaly to be sure, but it is a case where Vegas, with a Niners win, stands to make a s**t ton of money, not just the 10% on the juice.

Why do you suppose then, Vegas isn't moving the line?

Exactly.

the theory is that there was a lot future betting on the Niners during the regular season that they would win the SB. They were +700 at the beginning of the season and +1000 at week 1. If the Niners win, there will be all those bets to pay out which has higher payouts than against the spread bets. . Probably a lot of future bets were on the Ravens so when KC got in, they needed the against the spread bets to balance out the future bets on the niners. They lknow how much money is coming in on both sides. Vegas doesnt care necessarily who wins, they just want to balance the wagers to win the vig. .
[ Edited by calvinshobbes on Feb 7, 2024 at 10:25 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone