George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 173 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by tnteicher:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
You've been smoking too much of that midwest meth if you think Brock is merely a game manager.

He is a product of your offense,, nothing more. Jimmy G looked like a pro bowler in that system. Enough said
Bla bla bla, you got any original thoughts in that jacked up head of yours?
Originally posted by NinerPride365:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Can you back up your reasoning for Purdy not being great and not being bad? Stats usually is a good indicator.

Yes. Stats in a Shannarat system.

Can you list the QBs in history who were top 5 in the league in passing yards and bottom 12 in attempts for the season?
Can you name the QB who has had the highest passer rating through his first two seasons in history?

Start there, please.

How about we compare: one QB has 4280 yds, 31 TD, 11 INT, 72.7 QBR. The other 4183 yds, 27 TD, 14 INT, 63.0 QBR. Who's the "game manager"?

You're just gonna confuse this guy, Oscar...

Let's confuse him more. That first QB has 444 pass attempts and the second QB has 597 pass attempts.

Seems like there is a massive efficiency discrepancy between the two... huh.

Got a feeling we won't hear from that guy anymore
I was trying to make the point that Purdy is a fine quarterback.. not great..not bad.. If the Niners win it won't be because of him.
I'm sure the Niners will pick up another late round quarterback in a couple of years and he will look like an all pro also.

They've won games because of him not despite of him. Tossing Jimmy into it is crap if you paid attention. Jimmy limited the offense for years. He was never a pro-bowler. He never sniffed the MVP. They took the ball away from him in the playoffs for reason.

again you sound like a simple minded daytime sport analyst. You don't watch the games, that much is clear.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 7, 2024 at 11:19 AM ]
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Well I guess he is saying that KS is the greatest coach in History.

He is great. Great at creating a system that isn't quarterback dependent.

So what's Reid? Was regarded as the choker for decades. Lucks into a generational QB and finally wins it all.

So by your definition. He needs an elite QB to make it work lol?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So what's Reid? Was regarded as the choker for decades. Lucks into a generational QB and finally wins it all.

Well, Reid did need an elite quarterback to get over the hump......
[ Edited by tnteicher on Feb 7, 2024 at 11:15 AM ]
Originally posted by BP13:
Pat Mahomes benefits from being in Andy Reid's system. He could've been drafted that year by the Todd Bowles Jets, taken rookie year lumps on that dumpster fire team, and maybe he doesn't take off like he did. It's always just Brock Purdy who benefits from the system, never anyone else. Such a one-sided argument.

OR Andy needed a generational QB to get over the hump and not be known as the choker for over a decade?

it's so dumb, every great QB has a good coach and good roster.

People pretending you have to be on a bad team to be known as a top end QB is trying to push narratives. Guess what there aren't any "great QBs" tied to a s**tty HC/roster.
I was trying to make the point that Purdy is a fine quarterback.. not great..not bad.. If the Niners win it won't be because of him.
I'm sure the Niners will pick up another late round quarterback in a couple of years and he will look like an all pro also.

They've won games because of him not despite of him. Tossing Jimmy into it is crap if you paid attention. Jimmy limited the offense for years. He was never a pro-bowler. He never sniffed the MVP. They took the ball away from him in the playoffs for reason.

again you sound like a simply minded daytime sport analyst. You don't watch the games, that much is clear.

Agreed. JimmyG never had a performance like Brock Purdy's against the Detroit Lions. Purdy is much more aggressive than people think and it's why he does put up some stinker games. Part of maturing is learning when to dial it back and take the check down versus when to push it. I'd rather have an aggressive QB that we need to teach about taking opportunities versus a timid or slow (to process) QB who doesn't even try to hit the tough throws. Game managers like JimmyG can do their reads and nothing else. Against Detroit, when the reads broke down, Brock improvised and made some plays.

As for where he sits on the top QB's list that's difficult to say. You could say he's probably somewhere in the 10-15 range right now. Regardless, Brock is going to have to earn his spot in the top 10 and what better way than by beating the NFL's version of the Empire on Sunday?
We need the defense to show up to win this one. I think Larry Kreuger's analysis is on point. KC will probably try to neutralize the advantage our defensive pass rush will have over their offensive line by running Pacheco and just doing quick hitter passes to try and keep the chains moving. I think we need to play with intensity and some unpredictability to put the Chiefs offense on their heels a bit, which is not as strong of a unit as in years past when they had Hill. If we could get a 10 pt. lead and put them into more of a passing mode, I think our defensive front will be playing with enough juice and motivation to avenge their lackluster effort against the Lions that we'll get home and make Mahomes uncomfortable. Offensively, we need to run it on them. That is the area where the Chiefs struggle a bit on defense. I'd be fine even mixing the looks in the run game with some touches to Mitchell and Mason even. I think nearly all of our offensive stars are gamers and will show up. The only one to have some hiccups in a couple of games is Purdy, so don't put it squarely on him. Run the ball, distribute the ball in passing, and then I think Purdy will settle and can do some damage on play action and cutters in the middle. This is the recipe I see for a win.

So if SF wins, what does that make Kyle?

He either needed an elite QB to get over the top OR he's simply the most amazing HC of all time to take the last pick in the draft, who everyone thinks is avg at best, put up elite numbers and win it all AND beat the best QB in the league lol.

which is it?
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
He is a product of your offense,, nothing more. Jimmy G looked like a pro bowler in that system. Enough said

Bless your little Midwestern heart….if you're gonna come to another team's fan forum, at least be educated enough on their team to speak/debate about it.

Otherwise you sound like another babbling day time sports analyst, who knows nothing

When it comes to Brock is a product of the system, I am surprised more ppl don't mention, Skylar Thompson:

consider MIA took a 7th round QB, in the same draft class as Brock Purdy
MIA in 2022 was coached by Mike McDaniel, from the KS tree
MIA that year, had probably the best WR duo in the game
MIA ended up playing their QB3, Skylar Thompson, the same year when Brock also debuted as QB3

Skylar Thompson bombed. The elite surroundings did nothing for him.

You have to be at least functional and a lot of guys aren't. Not everyone can succeed in SF, just mention two words, Trey Lance.

Pat Mahomes benefits from being in Andy Reid's system. He could've been drafted that year by the Todd Bowles Jets, taken rookie year lumps on that dumpster fire team, and maybe he doesn't take off like he did. It's always just Brock Purdy who benefits from the system, never anyone else. Such a one-sided argument.

I think Skylar Thompson is proof, that not any 7th rounder can just walk into and be carried by elite talent. Trey Lance is proof not any QB can be drafted by SF and get carried. KNBR today said maybe Brock is out of the NFL if he was taken late by the Panthers. At minimum, it took 2 injuries for him to see the field and us to see his ability. I think often round 1s are the QBs you see, cuz they get maximal opportunity. It's rare for a late round guy to get any opportunity. Like KS said, our best QB, yet 3rd on the depth chart, due to earnings and draft status. Meanwhile, Bryce Young as pick 1 can suck all year and run it back as starter.

He either needed an elite QB to get over the top OR he's simply the most amazing HC of all time to take the last pick in the draft, who everyone thinks is avg at best, put up elite numbers and win it all AND beat the best QB in the league lol.

which is it?

NY committing murder logic.
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Brock is going to ball out, everyone watching will finally see what we've seen all year. This kid is on the verge of being great and he'll prove it on Sunday. M.V.Purdy !

This game will not end the way these talking heads think it will. Chiefs are point spread underdogs but the Niners are the underdogs that will not stand a chance against the Chiefs. I think this game is going to be a blowout and not by Chiefs!!!! JMHO I can't wait for this talk to end and the game to begin.

which is it?

If the Niners win it will because of Kyle being a great offensive mind. Not because of your "average" quarterback.
If the Chiefs ever need a great offensive coordinator I would love to have Kyle there.
Originally posted by bzborow1:

again you sound like a simple minded daytime sport analyst. You don't watch the games, that much is clear.

Agreed. JimmyG never had a performance like Brock Purdy's against the Detroit Lions. Purdy is much more aggressive than people think and it's why he does put up some stinker games. Part of maturing is learning when to dial it back and take the check down versus when to push it. I'd rather have an aggressive QB that we need to teach about taking opportunities versus a timid or slow (to process) QB who doesn't even try to hit the tough throws. Game managers like JimmyG can do their reads and nothing else. Against Detroit, when the reads broke down, Brock improvised and made some plays.

As for where he sits on the top QB's list that's difficult to say. You could say he's probably somewhere in the 10-15 range right now. Regardless, Brock is going to have to earn his spot in the top 10 and what better way than by beating the NFL's version of the Empire on Sunday?

He does s**t Jimmy would never do. We had people in here actually saying Kyle never wanted to push the ball lol. Brock comes in and he's leading the league in air yards. Shocker.

Jimmy was the definition of "game manager" Brock has proven he's not. He proves that every week.

I have no idea where Brock is on a list. It's his first full year (coming off a massive injury). Kid played freaking great football this yr…anyone who can be objective would agree.

which is it?

Reid was a good coach in Philly. He went to 4 NFC title games and one SB. When he went to KC they started winning again with Alex Smith. When he realized that Mahomes was ready he traded Smith. That sounds like a smart coach.
Share 49ersWebzone