There are 116 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by JEP83:
I know that Super Bowl MVP is typically an offensive player but who on D could pull that off and what would they need to do?

Warner with a pick 6 and forced fumble recovered by 49ers. A defender would need multiple splash plays while neither offense stands out.

Bosa with 4+ sacks against that holding OL & the refs
I wonder if Wilks will approach KC O as just trying to contain like he did with other mobile QBs?

He should move Bosa and Young around on passing downs to take advantage of their IOL. He has to do something different at the first level on money downs/3rd and longs. Wilks did confuse Sewell to free up Bosa once. Andy comes from OL coaching so I'd expect their scheme & coaching to be sharp. Couple that with Wilks being content to just get pressure with 4–me no gusta.

Also, watching Mahomes scramble, he has a bad habit of poorly securing the ball—these guys should try to punch that thing out. He also doesn't seem to slide feet first a lot of times. hope Wilks can find a way to get Greenlaw to remind Patrick he is in the NFL, and that comes with pain.

Andy's exotic route combos give me anxiety. But their WR talent isn't concerning. I can see wide open guys with some dropsies.

To me, BA and CMC will be key to beating Spags. BA has to win his 1 in 1s, and I believe he can, even against their great DBs. I hope CMC wrecks Spag's scheme. I can see them containing Debo and Kittle cuz they're slower/power guys, but BA and CMC are otherworldly in their ability to break ankles AND noses.
[ Edited by GoldandGarnet on Feb 8, 2024 at 1:38 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why is Shanahan leaving a $8 million a year Head Coaching job for $1.5 million a year to be an Offensive Coordinator for another team? With a multi year extension I should add. I don't think I understand the logic.

Not next year (most likely). In the future -- when the Niners get tired of not winning the big game.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
What you guys think of the matchup of Kittle vs KC's linebackers?

Kittle is a mismatch for the LBs. He could get his IF he is sent out on routes.
Originally posted by tnteicher:
Not next year (most likely). In the future -- when the Niners get tired of not winning the big game.

You're still in here? KC must have a weak ass fan forum page hahaha.
Kittle is a mismatch for the LBs. He could get his IF he is sent out on routes.

He will busy run blocking all over that weak ass run D.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Well, here is part 1 of my much anticipated(if from no one else, me) preview scouting video on the Chiefs. I tried to take a slightly different approach. Went with the coordinators opening dialogue - 5 keys to success, idea. What are the areas they're going to focus on this week. Check it out and let me know what you think of the format.

Nice work

Thanks!
  • BigT
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Father in heaven, please put a hedge of protection around all our 49er players oh Lord, please keep them injury free. Give all our players wisdom, knowledge and boldness. Please keep all forms of witchcraft away from them thought out there time in Las Vegas, that all forms of witchcraft will become null and void against our team. I pray that they don't make a big deal about Taylor Swift. That she will have a disappointing night on Sunday night because the Niners are gonna win the Super Bowl. I pray all this in the mighty eternal name of Christ Jesus our King

Okay now since you went there I made a Brock Purdy doll and started shoving pins in it. We will see who's magic is stronger on Sunday….
Originally posted by BigT:
Okay now since you went there I made a Brock Purdy doll and started shoving pins in it. We will see who's magic is stronger on Sunday….

KC = Satanists CONFIRMED
  • BigT
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
KC = Satanists CONFIRMED

One of my favorite characters of all time. I love the scene when he is in the group of people contacting spirits and starts beating the leader. Good stuff.

Time for another pin…..

Why is Shanahan leaving a $8 million a year Head Coaching job for $1.5 million a year to be an Offensive Coordinator for another team? With a multi year extension I should add. I don't think I understand the logic.

Are you from Chiefs Planet?
It's been rainy in Vegas, rainy all week. It's wet, damp. Rare weather to have it all week. Hope this adds fuel to the fire and they take it out on the field SB Sun
Their LG Thuney is likely out which is a big deal. Even if the back up played well, it is a real blow for their IOL.
This and the injury of Omenihu could be felt imho.
Originally posted by Crown:
Well, here is part 1 of my much anticipated(if from no one else, me) preview scouting video on the Chiefs. I tried to take a slightly different approach. Went with the coordinators opening dialogue - 5 keys to success, idea. What are the areas they're going to focus on this week. Check it out and let me know what you think of the format.

Nice work

Thanks!

Love this!
Are you from Chiefs Planet?

Been there. Just lurk a bit. It's more interesting to see opposing fans insights (and blind spots ie Purdy).
[ Edited by tnteicher on Feb 8, 2024 at 6:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone