LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 302 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by NinerPride365:
Originally posted by tnteicher:
Originally posted by Chance:
Be honest, how many of Purdy's games have you watched since he came into the league? And of those, how much did you watch with an attention to detail? And then post game, how many hours have you spent watching former NFL QBs like JTO, Chase Daniel dissect every consequential play with the all-22?

I can confidently say I've studied this QB. I've sought different sources, people with significant NFL knowledge and/or experience, who analyze his play in fine detail. Footwork, timing, ball placement, defensive looks, pre snap reads, anticipation, structure of offense, mistakes, etc. You know, the nuance of the position in only a way you can see with the all-22.

So I'll ask again, what have you done to form your opinion? Had a 49ers game on in the background a few times? Listened to the loud opinions on the sports shows from other guys who had the game on the background? I can say this with the knowledge of someone who has deeply watched and analyzed his play, that all you need to do to form an educated opinion is put on the film. The tape don't lie.

So, this is a long-winded way to say, you're full of s**t.

I have watched 4 full games this season. He is a good quarterback. When things are perfect around him he can be great..

Derp.

Da f**k this guy talking about…when everything is perfect lol? Were his eyes glued shut the past two playoffs games for SF?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NinerPride365:
Originally posted by Chance:
Be honest, how many of Purdy's games have you watched since he came into the league? And of those, how much did you watch with an attention to detail? And then post game, how many hours have you spent watching former NFL QBs like JTO, Chase Daniel dissect every consequential play with the all-22?

I can confidently say I've studied this QB. I've sought different sources, people with significant NFL knowledge and/or experience, who analyze his play in fine detail. Footwork, timing, ball placement, defensive looks, pre snap reads, anticipation, structure of offense, mistakes, etc. You know, the nuance of the position in only a way you can see with the all-22.

So I'll ask again, what have you done to form your opinion? Had a 49ers game on in the background a few times? Listened to the loud opinions on the sports shows from other guys who had the game on the background? I can say this with the knowledge of someone who has deeply watched and analyzed his play, that all you need to do to form an educated opinion is put on the film. The tape don't lie.

So, this is a long-winded way to say, you're full of s**t.

I have watched 4 full games this season. He is a good quarterback. When things are perfect around him he can be great..

Derp.

Da f**k this guy talking about…when everything is perfect lol? Were his eyes glued shut the past two playoffs games for SF?

I'm gonna assume he is simply competing for the award:
Originally posted by tankle104:

What type of alarms? Lol
[ Edited by Montana on Feb 8, 2024 at 8:48 AM ]
Originally posted by Montana:

What type of alarms? Lol

Someone must have hit the PANIC button.

What type of alarms? Lol

Someone must have hit the PANIC button.

Someone wearing a Kadarius Toney jersey, no doubt...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Patton:
Good Morning Niner Fans.

Just want to say FK THE CHIEFS, FK MAHOMES, FK KELCE AND FK TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!

GOOOOO NINERS!!!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Well, here is part 1 of my much anticipated(if from no one else, me) preview scouting video on the Chiefs. I tried to take a slightly different approach. Went with the coordinators opening dialogue - 5 keys to success, idea. What are the areas they're going to focus on this week. Check it out and let me know what you think of the format.

Nice work

Thanks!

Great stuff. Looking forward to all your future offseason content work also!
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Patton:
Good Morning Niner Fans.

Just want to say FK THE CHIEFS, FK MAHOMES, FK KELCE AND FK TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!

GOOOOO NINERS!!!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Predator85:

Now you know why people wants him to fail, Purdy was not on teams draft board.

Show's you how important the Coach/GM relationship is.

Yep, we learned that the hard way from 2011-2014.

Agree, we should have had our #6🏆but for the stupid AJ Jenkins draft. At least I think Jaiyer, Beal and Ronnie Bell can actually play in the next game.
So why does it seem like 80% of the so-called 'experts' are picking the Chiefs to win, like it isn't even going to be close. Is it only because they have Mahomes? They must be thinking Brock Purdy is chop liver compared to Mahomes.

What type of alarms? Lol

no doubt the work of Goodell
Originally posted by hello49:
So why does it seem like 80% of the so-called 'experts' are picking the Chiefs to win, like it isn't even going to be close. Is it only because they have Mahomes? They must be thinking Brock Purdy is chop liver compared to Mahomes.

This. It's a national Mahomes nut hugging contest, simple as that.
musOriginally posted by Giedi:

Agree, we should have had our #6🏆but for the stupid AJ Jenkins draft. At least I think Jaiyer, Beal and Ronnie Bell can actually play in the next game.

I must be one of the few who still has an AJ Jenkins jersey sitting somewhere in my closet...

Simple. Recency bias and Patrick Mahomes. That's all it is.
musOriginally posted by Giedi:

I must be one of the few who still has an AJ Jenkins jersey sitting somewhere in my closet...

Is Jenkins still on the Mount Rushmore of botched Niners draft picks?

Lance, Druckenmiller, Rumph, Jenkins? I'm sure there are a few I'm overlooking, but that's the way I've got it...
Share 49ersWebzone