🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Last meal before my Super Bowl fast 😎
Originally posted by hello49:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NinerPride365:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Stanley:
So why does it seem like 80% of the so-called 'experts' are picking the Chiefs to win, like it isn't even going to be close. Is it only because they have Mahomes? They must be thinking Brock Purdy is chop liver compared to Mahomes.

Simple. Recency bias and Patrick Mahomes. That's all it is.

We haven't really played our best ball in postseason. Would be a shame if we go three playoff games without really showcasing what we can do when we put it all together.

You are correct in your assessment, however I choose to look at the upside of this..... We haven't played our best ball YET.

Exactly, we are capable of blowing the doors off any team, should we put it all together. We could stomp these guys, in DAL or PHI game fashion.

Really would love to see us play like we did against DAL and Philly! D-Line has to step up big, and O-Line has to block Chris Jones.

The team was on a mission against Dallas and Philly. They were locked in and wanting to prove a point. Obviously this game they should be even more locked in. I'll be disappointed if we lose and it's because of a lack of effort and energy. If the best version of the Niners show up, we win by 10+. I've been saying it all week
I really hope Brock shocks all the naysayers and Mahomes lovers and has a fantastic game with at least 4 TD passes, 0 INTs, over 300 yds passing, wins MVP and brings us Lombardi #6.
Originally posted by Patton:
Last meal before my Super Bowl fast 😎

That way all the drinks hit you like a
train! Cost effective 😎
Originally posted by tankle104:
Hoping Kyle doesn't over think this.
Kyle: Everyone is thinking to run the ball, I'll surprise everyone by passing instead.
They pulled the fire alarm at the team hotel?
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Feb 8, 2024 at 9:47 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by DrEll:
So why does it seem like 80% of the so-called 'experts' are picking the Chiefs to win, like it isn't even going to be close. Is it only because they have Mahomes? They must be thinking Brock Purdy is chop liver compared to Mahomes.

Recency bias. Mahomes beat the mighty Bills (half the D on IR) and the unbeatable Ravens (playoff Lamar) whereas we barely beat the Packers and Lions.

No need to worry about it. If I were a non-9er fan I would probably feel the same. No big deal. Mahomes slays dragons. He does all thru the playoffs each year.
And, also not a big deal but our playoff examples had moments of weakness. But who cares. One game. Winner take all.

I still don't think we were "weak." I think we ran into two buzzsaws in GB and Detroit. GB was arguably playing some of the best ball in the league. At least top 4. And Detroit has been a solid team all year. Very sound football from them. I think we had a mini gauntlet but fans and the media say we "skated" by and survived like they were weak teams.
Originally posted by Silky:

Recency bias. Mahomes beat the mighty Bills (half the D on IR) and the unbeatable Ravens (playoff Lamar) whereas we barely beat the Packers and Lions.

No need to worry about it. If I were a non-9er fan I would probably feel the same. No big deal. Mahomes slays dragons. He does all thru the playoffs each year.
And, also not a big deal but our playoff examples had moments of weakness. But who cares. One game. Winner take all.

I still don't think we were "weak." I think we ran into two buzzsaws in GB and Detroit. GB was arguably playing some of the best ball in the league. At least top 4. And Detroit has been a solid team all year. Very sound football from them. I think we had a mini gauntlet but fans and the media say we "skated" by and survived like they were weak teams.

I agree with this sentiment. Both of those teams were dangerous when we played them. Additionally, we didn't play a complete game against either team, and yet, here we are. I believe that by this time Monday, we will acknowledge that the Niners saved their best for last.
Originally posted by Silky:

Yeah but it you watch some of that first half tackling I think my dog does a better job chasing me around the yard. That tackling in spurts was downright embarrassing.
Originally posted by tnteicher:
Someone must have hit the PANIC button.

Perhaps Brock hit the panic button. He looked like he was going to throw up on camera on Monday.

Someone must have hit the PANIC button.

Perhaps Brock hit the panic button. He looked like he was going to throw up on camera on Monday.

... at least you're staying true to form... posts just keep getting dumber and dumber. Bravo, sir.
Originally posted by tankle104:

tntitbag disagrees with you, CJ...
Share 49ersWebzone