There are 163 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by wallangong:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Chad Ochocinco has so much confidence the Chiefs will win that if they lose he will stop eating McDonalds forever, divorce his wife, and stop having sex for 1 year….

wow

Sounds like he's just looking for an excuse to divorce his wife.

🤣🤣

Thats the same guy who tried to block Ray Lewis as a WR? Yes? After reading that, his wife all in on SF.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
I thought she had a tour date in Japan she couldn't cancel? That's what they said on GMFB

Her last concert is on the 10th, Tokyo time.

She'll have plenty of time to get to Vegas

If there's a problem, Sleepy Joe will have an F-15 on standby at Kadena air base to get her there on time.

In exchange for some private sniffing I'm sure.
We need to run the ball with CMC and assert dominance early and often. I want to see our blockers set the tone and punch the chiefs right in their toothless meth mouthes.
[ Edited by Young2Owens on Feb 8, 2024 at 1:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Mahomes will get his yards and points. Purdy has to be equal to the task. He needs to play at a high level from start to finish and help push the offense down the field. If he has the kind of game that he had against Dallas and the Eagles then the 49ers win. If he starts off spraying it all over the place like he did in the first half against Green Bay and Detroit then they might be in some trouble.

See I kinda disagree with the first part. Mahomes is awesome, but they haven't gotten their points and yards this yr overall.

Brock doesn't have to play at Mahomes' level either…just execute and play turnover free football.

never want to play Mahomes in the SB, but out of the Bills, Baltimore and KC I wanted KC.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I've been concerned since Christmas that the team peaked in mid-December. Then the team sleep-walked to victory in D.C. before the scrimmage vs. the Rams. The two home comeback playoff victories were AWESOME but did little to ease my concerns that their best football was behind them. That was LAST week.

I think the team is very likely feeling disrespected by a national media that's ready to hand the Lombardi to Kermit & Nuggie. I believe Sunday the Niners will return to the brand of football they were playing post regular season bye and take care of bidness.

27-17 Niners

The Niner players HAVE TO BE HEARING all the same s**t and feeling the same way we are....RIGHT????

After the 3 game skid the national media had all but buried them and their whole season, then they came out of the bye and laid waste to everything in their way. Then christmas happened and they didn't go to the super bowl good enough for people to respect and they're doing it again. I look forward to seeing what happens this time.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Mahomes will get his yards and points. Purdy has to be equal to the task. He needs to play at a high level from start to finish and help push the offense down the field. If he has the kind of game that he had against Dallas and the Eagles then the 49ers win. If he starts off spraying it all over the place like he did in the first half against Green Bay and Detroit then they might be in some trouble.

See I kinda disagree with the first part. Mahomes is awesome, but they haven't gotten their points and yards this yr overall.

Brock doesn't have to play at Mahomes' level either…just execute and play turnover free football.

never want to play Mahomes in the SB, but out of the Bills, Baltimore and KC I wanted KC.

I wanted the Bills, personally, but feel like if it was Baltimore that Christmas game would've loomed over us in a bad way.

Either way I knew all three were going to be tough.
Originally posted by hello49:
I really hope Brock shocks all the naysayers and Mahomes lovers and has a fantastic game with at least 4 TD passes, 0 INTs, over 300 yds passing, wins MVP and brings us Lombardi #6.

A 4 TD, 0 INT day would be unbelievable for any QB in any Super Bowl, let alone a first timer....

Would be epic.......Montana and Young with 5 and 6 TD games respectively is otherworldly, perhaps buoyed by a pre-salary cap NFL, but a 2 TD, 0 INT day would be very very good.

I had looked up SB stats for first time QBs, and it's hard to throw 2 TDs, let alone 3+.

I hope Purdy tries to outduel Mahomes. That would be a great decision.
anyone know when was the last time a superbowl team had both passing and rushing leaders?
Everyone that's picking KC just because of Mahomes is in for a rude awakening

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by hello49:
I really hope Brock shocks all the naysayers and Mahomes lovers and has a fantastic game with at least 4 TD passes, 0 INTs, over 300 yds passing, wins MVP and brings us Lombardi #6.

A 4 TD, 0 INT day would be unbelievable for any QB in any Super Bowl, let alone a first timer....

Would be epic.......Montana and Young with 5 and 6 TD games respectively is otherworldly, perhaps buoyed by a pre-salary cap NFL, but a 2 TD, 0 INT day would be very very good.

I had looked up SB stats for first time QBs, and it's hard to throw 2 TDs, let alone 3+.

If he does, awesome, great. Definitely something I will shove in all the Purdy haters' faces.

But in the end I really don't care that much. I just want to score more points than the Chiefs. That's it. If we do that with Purdy putting up a horrible stat line or not throwing the ball once I really couldn't care less. Screw the narrative. Get the win. Caring about the narrative is how you go full Ravens or Mike Martz and start unnecessarily passing the ball when you really, really don't have to.

Peyton was awful in Super Bowl 50. I can assure you, he does not care. He celebrated with Budweisers afterwards. Brady put up one of the strongest passing efforts in Super Bowl 52. I can assure you, he does not care. He actually says he went to bed crying that night (not out of happiness).
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Feb 8, 2024 at 1:25 PM ]
Originally posted by tnteicher:

To be fair, he "outdueled" him for the entire season, so there's that.
Oh... it's you.

Derp.
Originally posted by thl408:
I know Brock is cool, calm, and collected, but I think Kyle must make a concerted effort to ease Brock into this game. Give him some easy throws/reads at the start the game to assure Brock that his security blankets (Kittle/CMC/Deebo) are there for him. Don't start off relying on Brock to make full field reads or anything of that sort. It's a long game and it's up to Kyle to make sure Brock starts the game playing mistake free. Once that's done, then open it up, if needed.

Nice little bootleg to Kittle
Originally posted by tnteicher:

Just run the offense. He doesn't have to run around like a chicken with his head cut off like Mahomes
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
damn, kinda crazy but if you take the total scrimmage yards & TDs over CMC entire career

38% of all his touchdowns has come as a 49ers
31% of his total overall yards has come as a 49er.

That's incredible because he's only been here for a season and a half.

He was injured a lot with Carolina. That's partially why they traded him.
Share 49ersWebzone