LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 247 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Just watched the AFC game, not impressed by the Chiefs at all. I think it was more the Ravens choking than Chiefs being better.
Ravens D is the best in the league. Better than ours. I don't think KC not putting up more than 17 means much headed into this game.
Originally posted by Heroism:
woww

Bummer for him. Chris jones is a stud but he's not 100% at all right now.
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
Just watched the AFC game, not impressed by the Chiefs at all. I think it was more the Ravens choking than Chiefs being better.
Ravens D is the best in the league. Better than ours. I don't think KC not putting up more than 17 means much headed into this game.

They're also down their all-pro LG with might be a torn pec. He missed that game. They were getting pressure up the middle.
Hate to hear that about Omenihu. I really liked him with us last year, and was hoping we could re-sign him. He looked like he was in a lot of pain after the injury, but said after the game he'd be ready for the Super Bowl. Wishful thinking, I guess. :(
  • thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:

They're also down their all-pro LG with might be a torn pec. He missed that game. They were getting pressure up the middle.

I thought the 49ers would dominate DET's interior OL since it was banged up. It did not play out the way I thought.

For comparison, we put up 19 points on 429 yds on that D, even with 5 INTS.
Originally posted by thl408:

I thought the 49ers would dominate DET's interior OL since it was banged up. It did not play out the way I thought.

The Lions did a great job running outside the tackles and short/quick passing game which negated that rush up the middle especially in 1st half and for some reason stopped doing that in 2nd half.
[ Edited by Oscar8325 on Jan 29, 2024 at 1:21 PM ]

After the way the first half went, this is anyone game
not gonna sit here and pretend this niners team can walk past anyone
[ Edited by Rocket4989 on Jan 29, 2024 at 1:20 PM ]
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Omenihu and Ebukan were both better contributors for us last year than Ferrell and Young have been this year. Was sorry to see them leave but that's the way things go, I guess. Can't believe there was ever a discussion about whether it would be better to extend Aiyuk or Young next year. While I imagine Young has made some contributions in regard to holding the edge you don't necessarily pay good money for that, especially for someone who is supposed to be an edge rusher and is expected to get to the QB.

They certainly were, but is that because they're better than Ferrell and Young, or were used better?
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

I don't think anyone is saying the Chiefs are going to be a cakewalk. When we say we didn't come away particularly impressed with them yesterday, it's more of a statement against the chicken littles that are already saying we have no chance. We may lose, but we also have a very real shot at #6.

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by Heroism:
woww

WOW, that is a BIG loss for them on the defense.

Sucks for him. I really wanted to keep him last year because he was really coming on in our defense
Chiefs were 1-4 against playoff teams in the regular season, only beating the dolphins and losing to the bills, eagles, lions and packers. They also lost to the freaking raiders late in the year and were blown out by the broncos. They were 19th in rushing yards/game. They were shut out in the 2nd half yesterday but still won because Lamar choked and losing Omenihu is very bad news for them.

Now they face a niners team that will be absolutely out for blood against them for what happened 4 years ago and I dont see how they can be as motivated as this team is having won last year and in 2019. Kittle is going to be out there completely homicidal on every play. Mahomes is magical so you can never assume this game is in the bag at any point, but I'm pretty optimistic.
Originally posted by wallangong:

I don't think anyone is saying the Chiefs are going to be a cakewalk. When we say we didn't come away particularly impressed with them yesterday, it's more of a statement against the chicken littles that are already saying we have no chance. We may lose, but we also have a very real shot at #6.

The difference is they played against the best D in the league not this terrible 49ers D.
We wearing red or white jerseys?
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by wallangong:

The difference is they played against the best D in the league not this terrible 49ers D.

And we moved the ball at will against that same defense but they made a couple nice plays with fortunate bounces. So? Using how a team performs against another opponent as a barometer for future failure/success has proven to be irrelevant time and again. It's a game of matchups. Any given Sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone