🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by NYniner85:

and I would tackle that thing

This is how the chiefs' music will sound....cursed
Guess what though………..

THIS TIME TOMORROW!!!!!

LMAO
24 hours boys! Let's go! I'm jacked!!
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for ModestoNiner33.
Originally posted by tankle104:

LMAO

I want some damn news on this s**t lol.

Wreck everything.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Feb 10, 2024 at 3:47 PM ]
Originally posted by est1985:
I've listened to the ringer a couple times. I don't know if anyone notices but Nora may be worse than Steven. Like, Steven has his s*** opinion but at least it's his and he owns it. Nora just makes these dumb a** comments and laughs all the time. She's repulsive. Not that I like Steven at all, but she irks me more lol

She can be in fact a very good writer, but is horrible on radio. She laughs at her own jokes, which is absolutely embarrassing, and in general comes across like a total airhead. Like Bill Simmons himself, she's proof that good writing and a good media presence don't go together. I will in fact occasionally still listen to Bill Simmons (who was a fantastic writer once upon a time, but hasn't written anything in over a decade), because on radio/podcast he's not a atrocious as he was on TV. He's still good for a few laughs and he's obviously a highly intelligent man who occasionally has good insights. His celebrity name dropping and countless sidekicks are tiresome though, a little bit like Howard Stern got when he was past his mid-80s prime. The site in general has long ago lost its appeal to me, especially as I neither gamble nor care about trash TV.

Ruiz sounds exactly like he writes: a very arrogant man who doubles down on his early season hot takes. It's not just the Purdy thing, in general he's the typical internet guy who has come to believe his own hype. It's usually either analytics nerds and/or gambling pickers who are like that. Ruiz is not really good as a nerd either, and that has nothing to do with his 49ers analysis, such as it is. I haven't ever sat back in any of his analytics pieces and said "ok, that's insightful". I can't see how he got the position he has since, unlike Princiotti, he's only an average writer on top of everything. I guess the one thing that he does better than others is arrogance. There, he's world beating.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
damn that's depressing. Lol

Well, some media folks just go with the narrative that's put out there. Dan Quinn was the HC of the Falcons. No one blames the OC of the Detroit Lions for the 24-7 loss in the NFCCG.

That's insane......I never thought about Ben Johnson being scott f**king free....

kyle shanahan and brock purdy can't comeback and win also, oh wait nvm
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
damn that's depressing. Lol

I'm not surprised about that actually. Seems like it too.

How about someone here run the 4th quarter scoring stats for Kyle with Garoppolo?

Compare it to these last two games we've seen, let alone the entire Purdy postseason career, and include the Eagles game if you wish, just to make it CLOSER....

As for the Falcons SB debacle....that one is a lot simpler to me --> very hard to sustain huge leads in games. For evenly matched teams, if you can race out to a huge lead, likely you exploited something that the other team will adjust and close the gap on.

Happened in that game, the 2015 Panthers/Seahawks divisional game (31-0 to 31-24), the 49ers vs. Patriots 2012 (31-3 to 38-31 final).

Lots of factors involved....not just "coaching scared".

Momentum is a very real thing too, along with coaching adjustments.

But if you base your opinion of Brock Purdy off where he was drafted he is the 20th best QB in the NFL this year. Basically that's what the majority of the media is coming from. They should just come out and admit it instead of making bigger fools of themselves.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
It's kind of laughable how many fans here are so confident in this matchup. The Chiefs have Patrick Mahomes, a good running game, and a secondary that's really good. Furthermore, they crushed the 49ers last season. This game is about as close to a pick'em as you can get.

Laughable that fans are confident in their team? Nah. Tell me, when exactly was it that Mahomes first cussed you to wet the bed? Do you think he's going to win every Super Bowl from now until the day he retires? At least those of us with confidence can make you laugh, because I feel nothing but pity for those of you who can't enjoy this time while it's here. I look forward not only to watching Brock hoist #6 for us, but also for the next decade, as Purdy battles it out with Pat, Burrow and Herbert. Sorry Jackson fans, you'll have to settle for regular season awards.

Even Brady has lost some. Mahomes lost 1 Super Bowl. So yeah it's possible. That was to Brady who is extraordinary. But it can be done.

Honestly, the biggest thing Brady brought to that game was equalized/favored hype for beneficial calls, and zero intimidation factor (it's f**king Brady). This is one of those examples of a s**t ton of other QBs could've won that Super Bowl for the Bucs (that people like to do with Purdy).

But that OL deficiency for KC was huge, and when things started to pile up, it got out of hand.

IMO had KC had a real OL in that game, not sure they win but they don't get blown out the same way.

Oh BTW, the Bucs in that postseason.........they won those 3 playoff games, but did anyone ever consider they should've lost the wildcard to the Redskins, divisional to the Saints they eked out, and the championship game the Packers could've won it??? NO IMPRESSIVE WINS IN ANY OF THEM, NOT ONE.

So the 2020 Bucs had a far less impressive season (regular & POST) than the 49ers....let it be known.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Feb 10, 2024 at 4:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone