There are 185 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Who are going to stand watch tonight and make sure there are no fire alarm bs being pulled? Hey Montana, return the favor and go pull KCs fire alarm at 4am. Do it for the team! LFG!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
lol so Drake bet on KC, which is a death sentence for them. Dude is notorious for being awful at betting.

I read he got his last two SB picks right, but didn't verify. He's a f**king chode regardless and it will be a nice little side story when he loses.
The Goat watching old film of The Goat

Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Who are going to stand watch tonight and make sure there are no fire alarm bs being pulled? Hey Montana, return the favor and go pull KCs fire alarm at 4am. Do it for the team! LFG!

Prob a diehard swiftie fan who pulled it
  • Cosmo
Now when I go to ESPN.com a full screen pop up appears for ESPN Bet, trying to get more people to bet on the Super Bowl. Literally every pundit on ESPN says the chefs will win (the few who said Niners made sure to preface it saying they THINK chefs but HOPE Niners). So ESPN has all of their "experts" pick the chefs and encourage everyone to bet on the game. That is shady as f**k, and it's going to work. Imagine if Caesars has a 24 hour infomercial telling everyone the chefs were gonna win.
Quote from Jerry,

"When I met Brock, he has the coolness of a Joe Montana. Brock, to me, is the reason why we are here. Brock is the ultimate qb, a great leader. The players are gunna play for him."
Originally posted by JTB1974:
This makes the league look so pathetic. So desperate that they feel they have to go out of their way to accommodate a pop star in order to gain ratings. Basically they are pimping out Taylor Swift. Even the Chiefs themselves are taking a backseat to Taylor Swift. I would be annoyed as hell if one of our players was involved with a famous singer and she got all the attention over our players. This is not a concert, it's not the music industry. It's Football, It's the Superbowl, It's where the players and coaches should be front and center. They are the only stars that are important this Sunday.

the players and coaches have been front and center for an entire week's worth of a media circus already, FYI.

soooooo how's everyone feeling about the game? I have to admit I'm not the most confident given how we've started the past 2 playoff games in regards to the run defense, and Purdy simply not being as sharp as he's been in the past. Cossell is right, and this is me watching the game footage; not the film.

Purdy needs to get settled in early, and the run defense needs to show up from the beginning of the game. can't rely on fumbles or KC receiver drops to make stops all the time.
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Two hours ago it seems..

Her lucky 🍀 number is 13. But that's what Brock purdy number is so maybe that defeats the swiftie powers?

She has no powers, she is loathsome and together with Captain Pfizer they are hyper annoying. Can't wait till #13 ruins that number for her forever.
This makes the league look so pathetic. So desperate that they feel they have to go out of their way to accommodate a pop star in order to gain ratings. Basically they are pimping out Taylor Swift. Even the Chiefs themselves are taking a backseat to Taylor Swift. I would be annoyed as hell if one of our players was involved with a famous singer and she got all the attention over our players. This is not a concert, it's not the music industry. It's Football, It's the Superbowl, It's where the players and coaches should be front and center. They are the only stars that are important this Sunday.

100000%

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
This is the one time I hope Vegas makes an enormous fortune ripping off the losers.

I'll stop short of saying I hope these people lose enough money to be in financial straits, but I'm trying to be a better person............but f**k, I lose composure when it comes to my 49ERS!!!!!

No composure is just fine in Vegas

Incredibly desperate and pathetic. You're the NFL, arguably the biggest form of entertainment in the world. You're going to do crazy numbers/rating regardless, and you still gonna simp for a pop star
24 hours until we find out the truth.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

soooooo how's everyone feeling about the game? I have to admit I'm not the most confident given how we've started the past 2 playoff games in regards to the run defense, and Purdy simply not being as sharp as he's been in the past. Cossell is right, and this is me watching the game footage; not the film.

Purdy needs to get settled in early, and the run defense needs to show up from the beginning of the game. can't rely on fumbles or KC receiver drops to make stops all the time.

It's been up and down for Purdy, but it's a two game sample size and the last half he played was phenomenal.

I'm willing to throw out the rain game as a data point. He simply struggles with his grip and changes the way he plays.

So really we're only looking at one game where the first half he struggled a bit, but also did some nice things, put the team in position to score. And a half where he played great.

I've watched both the QB school analysis with all-22 and the idea he has played poorly has been a bit overstated. There were times he didn't look comfortable (mostly gov game), but the was also a lot of pressure in his face. Dude soldiered through a couple tough ass teams.

Here's hoping the quality of his last half of play continues into tomorrow.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:

LOL I wouldn't wish fire alarms to go off on anyone lol.....or do I? Haha ..sneaky, sneaky . But really, I wouldn't wish that..so not cool. I mean are they staying at Super 8 or what? Cause that is some lame ass chit right there lol

Oddly enough, I had to deal with fire alarms going off in my building on one of the days they did. I was cooking again..JK lol
Share 49ersWebzone