🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
We wearing red or white jerseys?

This will answer most FAQ's:
https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/29/an-early-look-at-the-potential-super-bowl-uniform-matchup/

Amen I love uni watch

I'm not a fan of our white basic jerseys. Lol is what it is. I just hope it results in a championship for us! We will be well rested and as healthy as possible. I trust that Kyle will put together a killer offensive gameplan - I'm more concerned about our defense executing wel. We have two freakin weeks to get it together. That first half was a total embarrassment and they really only "got better" because we got lucky they were dropping wide open passes.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Sometbing off with Kadarious Toney going on too. I don't think he plays.

I hope he does
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by boast:
unless KC decides to wear white. as the "home" team, they get the choice.

why do they get to choose?

home teams in the NFL get to choose which uniform they want to wear. this is why the Niners wore their home reds for two games on the road this year (@LAR, @AZ).

+ @CLE
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Sometbing off with Kadarious Toney going on too. I don't think he plays.

I hope he does

• thl408
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The last time the Niners lost to the Chiefs in the Super Bowl a global pandemic ensued.

The fate of the world depends on us!

Lol

https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/29/an-early-look-at-the-potential-super-bowl-uniform-matchup/

Amen I love uni watch

I'm not a fan of our white basic jerseys. Lol is what it is. I just hope it results in a championship for us! We will be well rested and as healthy as possible. I trust that Kyle will put together a killer offensive gameplan - I'm more concerned about our defense executing wel. We have two freakin weeks to get it together. That first half was a total embarrassment and they really only "got better" because we got lucky they were dropping wide open passes.

I posted this earlier, but Niners win Super Bowls when:

• wear white jerseys; game is played indoors/on turf (1981, 1989)

• wear red jerseys; game is played outdoors/on grass (1984, 1988, 1994)

their two SB losses, they went the opposite and wore red in a dome/on turf and then white in a partially-covered stadium on grass (Miami used to be an open stadium)

Raiders stadium is indoors, but the surface is natural grass that's rolled in for NFL games (UNLV plays on artificial turf)

I would say the chances are 80% Chiefs wear their red jerseys and Niners wear white

20% chance the Chiefs stick with the white jersey/red pants combo they've won their last two road games out of superstition, and thus the Niners will wear red.

Amen I love uni watch

their two SB losses, they went the opposite and wore red in a dome/on turf and then white in a partially-covered stadium on grass (Miami used to be an open stadium)

Raiders stadium is indoors, but the surface is natural grass that's rolled in for NFL games (UNLV plays on artificial turf)

I would say the chances are 80% Chiefs wear their red jerseys and Niners wear white

20% chance the Chiefs stick with the white jersey/red pants combo they've won their last two road games out of superstition, and thus the Niners will wear red.

I don't care if they wear hot pink and purple as long as we win.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I want this to be the '94 Super Bowl all over again, Aiyuk touchdown pass on a deep post first play of the game.
Why do we care so much about jersey colors. Unless the D-Line can stop the run and rush the passer, unlike they have done lately, we aren't beating Mahomes.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I want this to be the '94 Super Bowl all over again, Aiyuk touchdown pass on a deep post first play of the game.

That's not Stan Humphries on the other side, fyi…

Man, Vegas sees a higher chance of a 49ers win, though just -1.

Keeping bias aside,
Reid > Shanahan
Mahomes > Purdy
Kelce > Kittle (close)
Chiefs defense > 49ers defense (both run and pass)
CMC > Chiefs RBs
49ers LBs > Chiefs
Chiefs kicker > 49ers

No more heartbreakers please. Hoping the 49ers keep it close, and then let it play out.
Originally posted by hello49:
Why do we care so much about jersey colors. Unless the D-Line can stop the run and rush the passer, unlike they have done lately, we aren't beating Mahomes.

White jerseys on us means the Chiefs O line wears white gloves, and refs are less likely to see holding.
Originally posted by hello49:

We have two weeks to kill. Its fun.

Amen I love uni watch

So it should be ideally that the 49ers wear white?
KC is an OT champ game loss from having been to every SB since we last faced em
Share 49ersWebzone