There are 127 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

I just hope Shanny doesn't get cute again and overthink it.

Pound the rock with CMC. Avoid 2nd and long. Control the clock. Keep Mahomes off the field.
GAME DAY MY BROTHAS AND SISTAS!!!!!!!!

LETS FKING GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

It's after 1am on the east coast, and I'm way too fired up to sleep. Can't fn wait for tomorrow
Time to become legends.
Night loves, tomorrow we get 6
Once again, 49er fans, I wish you all the best in tomorrow's game, from a Cowboys fan of 53 years. Nowadays, unlike the 70s and 80s, you can watch any game from any team you want. I've been watching numerous 49er games this year, and am impressed by how well that organization is run. It makes me long for the years when my team was the best run in the NFL. The blocking system your team has set up for the run is incredible. In the season opener against the Steelers, Christian McCaffrey ran through a hole that the line created, and I figured it would be good for a 5-yard run, or maybe enough for a first down. He ended up taking it to the house because the excellent blocking continued for him all the way down the field. That, and McCaffrey's quickness and great vision give you guys a great running game. From your first game, I knew you guys were going to have a successful season. The main reason I'm rooting for the 49ers i the Super Bowl for the first time in my life is Brock Purdy. He has a good set of skills, but the main thing is he stays poised no matter the situation. He faced adversity in the playoffs from two very good teams, the Packers and the Lions, and he was able to keep his head and lead the comebacks that his team needed.

This team has earned its trip to the Super Bowl, and I like their chances of winning. The Chiefs are also a great team, and they've certainly earned their success as well. However, my gut tells me that they're a bit overconfident, and that can kill a team. My prediction is the 49ers will start out strong, which will shock the Chiefs. I see the Chiefs fighting back, resulting in a close game, but I suspect a 49er victory in the end. I have cousins in the Bay Area who will be thrilled. I actually went to college at Chico State, so I have plenty of friends who are 9er fans. They're good people, and I hope their team gets a victory for them. Some of you may be surprised that a Texas-born-decades-long Cowboy fan went to college in Northern California, but it's the truth. I often miss my days in Chico.

Here's hoping that you guys are celebrating a victory after tomorrow's game. It's strange, but even I am starting to feel excited and nervous about it. All the best to you guys.
Originally posted by ReverendConehead:
Once again, 49er fans, I wish you all the best in tomorrow's game, from a Cowboys fan of 53 years. Nowadays, unlike the 70s and 80s, you can watch any game from any team you want. I've been watching numerous 49er games this year, and am impressed by how well that organization is run. It makes me long for the years when my team was the best run in the NFL. The blocking system your team has set up for the run is incredible. In the season opener against the Steelers, Christian McCaffrey ran through a hole that the line created, and I figured it would be good for a 5-yard run, or maybe enough for a first down. He ended up taking it to the house because the excellent blocking continued for him all the way down the field. That, and McCaffrey's quickness and great vision give you guys a great running game. From your first game, I knew you guys were going to have a successful season. The main reason I'm rooting for the 49ers i the Super Bowl for the first time in my life is Brock Purdy. He has a good set of skills, but the main thing is he stays poised no matter the situation. He faced adversity in the playoffs from two very good teams, the Packers and the Lions, and he was able to keep his head and lead the comebacks that his team needed.

This team has earned its trip to the Super Bowl, and I like their chances of winning. The Chiefs are also a great team, and they've certainly earned their success as well. However, my gut tells me that they're a bit overconfident, and that can kill a team. My prediction is the 49ers will start out strong, which will shock the Chiefs. I see the Chiefs fighting back, resulting in a close game, but I suspect a 49er victory in the end. I have cousins in the Bay Area who will be thrilled. I actually went to college at Chico State, so I have plenty of friends who are 9er fans. They're good people, and I hope their team gets a victory for them. Some of you may be surprised that a Texas-born-decades-long Cowboy fan went to college in Northern California, but it's the truth. I often miss my days in Chico.

Here's hoping that you guys are celebrating a victory after tomorrow's game. It's strange, but even I am starting to feel excited and nervous about it. All the best to you guys.
Respect to you, friend. Thanks for the good thoughts.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:

Respect to you, friend. Thanks for the good thoughts.

+1
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by TrojanPV:
I just hope Shanny doesn't get cute again and overthink it.

Pound the rock with CMC. Avoid 2nd and long. Control the clock. Keep Mahomes off the field.

Strange thing to hope for. I just hope the San Francisco 49ers win.
Wilks need to have a guy travel with Kelce. Stick to him like glue. Most of Kelce's catches are him just finding an empty space and sitting there. For some reason, defenders just let him go after a couple of seconds. The guy is always wide open and I just don't get it. It's not like they have a bunch of guys you have to worry about and there is only so many guys you can cover. For example, Kittle being open I can understand because you have to worry about Aiyuk, Deebo, And CMC. And even with that it seems Kittle gets way more attention than Kelce does. you put Ward on Rice and double Kelce, And don't leave Kelce until Mahomes throws the ball or passes the line of scrimmage. It's not that difficult. Force Mahomes to ether force something to Kelce or have to throw to his worthless WR's such as Hardman, MVS, Watson, Toney, Moore. I am not that worried about Pacheco in the receiving department. More worried about Jet when it comes to that.

Originally posted by JTB1974:
Wilks need to have a guy travel with Kelce. Stick to him like glue. Most of Kelce's catches are him just finding an empty space and sitting there. For some reason, defenders just let him go after a couple of seconds. The guy is always wide open and I just don't get it. It's not like they have a bunch of guys you have to worry about and there is only so many guys you can cover. For example, Kittle being open I can understand because you have to worry about Aiyuk, Deebo, And CMC. And even with that it seems Kittle gets way more attention than Kelce does. you put Ward on Rice and double Kelce, And don't leave Kelce until Mahomes throws the ball or passes the line of scrimmage. It's not that difficult. Force Mahomes to ether force something to Kelce or have to throw to his worthless WR's such as Hardman, MVS, Watson, Toney, Moore. I am not that worried about Pacheco in the receiving department. More worried about Jet when it comes to that.

We HAVE to jamb him on the line, every time and keep him disrupted. We have to beat the hell out of him immediately every play and just keep him smothered.

Take him away completely. If we can do this, we have a good chance, well as long as we are scoring points lol.

Imo we will need to score 35 to win this game.

Thanks for your thoughts. I hope you're right about the outcome.
Originally posted by Patton:
GAME DAY MY BROTHAS AND SISTAS!!!!!!!!

LETS FKING GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Has the coin toss already been discussed?

I really think we should take the ball instead of deferring if we win the toss. Letting Mahomes get the ball to start the game would be a mistake if they have a long drive and Brock doesn't get to take his first snap until 5-7 minutes into the 1st quarter. Take the ball and try to set the tone by scoring on the first drive by either team. Maybe KC defers anyways but I hope Kyle doesn't defer tomorrow.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
It's 12am PST and can't sleep. Nervous as hell right now that we are going to come out flat.
Share 49ersWebzone