Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
We wearing red or white jerseys?

This will answer most FAQ's:
https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/29/an-early-look-at-the-potential-super-bowl-uniform-matchup/

Amen I love uni watch

I'm not a fan of our white basic jerseys. Lol is what it is. I just hope it results in a championship for us! We will be well rested and as healthy as possible. I trust that Kyle will put together a killer offensive gameplan - I'm more concerned about our defense executing wel. We have two freakin weeks to get it together. That first half was a total embarrassment and they really only "got better" because we got lucky they were dropping wide open passes.

I posted this earlier, but Niners win Super Bowls when:

• wear white jerseys; game is played indoors/on turf (1981, 1989)

• wear red jerseys; game is played outdoors/on grass (1984, 1988, 1994)

their two SB losses, they went the opposite and wore red in a dome/on turf and then white in a partially-covered stadium on grass (Miami used to be an open stadium)

Raiders stadium is indoors, but the surface is natural grass that's rolled in for NFL games (UNLV plays on artificial turf)

I would say the chances are 80% Chiefs wear their red jerseys and Niners wear white

20% chance the Chiefs stick with the white jersey/red pants combo they've won their last two road games out of superstition, and thus the Niners will wear red.

So it should be ideally that the 49ers wear white?

It's not about which uniforms the 49ers wear, that's totally irrelevant. It's all about whether I'm wearing my lucky 49ers boxers during the game.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
KC is an OT champ game loss from having been to every SB since we last faced em

Mahomes has only lost on the playoffs 3 times. Once on the SB and twice in OT.

Yeah, their run has been remarkable. Let's hope we can put a dent in their run and get ourselves a chip during this run.
they already got the superbowl jerseys on sale on nfl.com, its fire!
the 49ers have a MASSIVE following and Brock is an incredible story. The SB the league got is the one they want.
the 49ers have a MASSIVE following and Brock is an incredible story. The SB the league got is the one they want.

Cohnheads vs Swifties.
  • Cosmo

Yeah, their run has been remarkable. Let's hope we can put a dent in their run and get ourselves a chip during this run.

Realistically this may be the best shot they ever have at winning it. Health is as good as you could ask for, talent level is as high as it'll ever be and KC isn't the offensive juggernaut they've been in the past.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Realistically this may be the best shot they ever have at winning it. Health is as good as you could ask for, talent level is as high as it'll ever be and KC isn't the offensive juggernaut they've been in the past.

Omenihu getting injured really hurts the Chiefs DL rotation, he was having a great season for them. I hope Kyle is crafting up a strong run based game plan to keep that defense on the field and Mahomes off of it.

Originally posted by Cosmo:

Completely agree.
Regarding DBs,

49ers CBs ~ Chiefs
49ers safeties > Chiefs

Originally posted by YACBros85:
Pacheco is nowhere near as dangerous as the two headed monster we just faced.

On the flip side, KC's run D gives up an average of 113 yards per game (18th) and 4.5 YPC (25th).

So Kyle will come out throwing the ball again like he did against the ravens.

our defense has been inconsistent but at least we are healthy. We've played like 3 games over the last 6-7 weeks. I sure hope we see the dominant defense in this game. At least a much better version than what we've seen.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

On the flip side, KC's run D gives up an average of 113 yards per game (18th) and 4.5 YPC (25th).

I think Kyle stayed with the run game even though they were way down against the Lions. Maybe what Kittle said, "Kyle has grown as a coach", just maybe, things are better.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Omenihu getting injured really hurts the Chiefs DL rotation, he was having a great season for them. I hope Kyle is crafting up a strong run based game plan to keep that defense on the field and Mahomes off of it.

This is what I didn't get. It's like they were trying to prop Lamar up. The run game was awesome and they just stopped - it isn't like they were down much? It was like a 10 point game most of the time, seems like monken just panicked. Lamar is a stud but he hasn't earned the trust to put those kind of games on his shoulder.

His only playoff wins were against pretty bad teams. It's insane how much different he is in the playoffs - that ravens team was STACKED too. Specifically on defense.

this is a huge coaching error by harbaugh, as well.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

I think Kyle stayed with the run game even though they were way down against the Lions. Maybe what Kittle said, "Kyle has grown as a coach", just maybe, things are better.

Yeah, just maybe
Share 49ersWebzone