LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 204 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

This isn't some credible site or anything, but I thought it was funny and probably an accurate reflection of Philly right now
Originally posted by tankle104:
This is what I didn't get. It's like they were trying to prop Lamar up. The run game was awesome and they just stopped - it isn't like they were down much? It was like a 10 point game most of the time, seems like monken just panicked. Lamar is a stud but he hasn't earned the trust to put those kind of games on his shoulder.

His only playoff wins were against pretty bad teams. It's insane how much different he is in the playoffs - that ravens team was STACKED too. Specifically on defense.

this is a huge coaching error by harbaugh, as well.

SBMVP still in the cards here for ol Purdy, he who laughs last sort of deal
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Omenihu getting injured really hurts the Chiefs DL rotation, he was having a great season for them. I hope Kyle is crafting up a strong run based game plan to keep that defense on the field and Mahomes off of it.

This is what I didn't get. It's like they were trying to prop Lamar up. The run game was awesome and they just stopped - it isn't like they were down much? It was like a 10 point game most of the time, seems like monken just panicked. Lamar is a stud but he hasn't earned the trust to put those kind of games on his shoulder.

His only playoff wins were against pretty bad teams. It's insane how much different he is in the playoffs - that ravens team was STACKED too. Specifically on defense.

this is a huge coaching error by harbaugh, as well.

Propping up your quarterback and not using your weapons against the opponent's weakness ? Hmmmm, where have we seen that before 🤔
I'd like to see the 49ers use more of the hurry up offense we saw to start the second half. It's another thing to keep KC off balance and the players seem to like it. It would also wear down the DL which is very good.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I want this to be the '94 Super Bowl all over again, Aiyuk touchdown pass on a deep post first play of the game.

That's not Stan Humphries on the other side, fyi…

f**k what you say!!!
Do the 49ers have any win and they ride into the sunset players?
Originally posted by steiber:
I'd like to see the 49ers use more of the hurry up offense we saw to start the second half. It's another thing to keep KC off balance and the players seem to like it. It would also wear down the DL which is very good.

IIRC, Reid used that against us the last 2 times and it worked well. Flip the script?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
KC is an OT champ game loss from having been to every SB since we last faced em

Yeah, their run has been remarkable. Let's hope we can put a dent in their run and get ourselves a chip during this run.

Yeah, definitely won't be easy.

Every decade seems to have a dynasty team, or two.

Steelers/Cowboys in the 70s
Niners in the 80s
Cowboys in the 90s
Patriots/Giants in the 2000-2010s

Chiefs have established themselves already but hopefully the Niners can become the next threat to take them out like the Giants did to the Patriots a couple times.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 29, 2024 at 4:41 PM ]

Just something we seemingly never see unless we have no choice. I'm with you though. Pace can be a great tool to manufacture advantage when we have a great offense and our D is untrustworthy.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Just something we seemingly never see unless we have no choice. I'm with you though. Pace can be a great tool to manufacture advantage when we have a great offense and our D is untrustworthy.

Typically I say yes, as you want this great O, getting more plays and snaps. If anything for this matchup, I say we play our deliberate pace on O. And have those 12 play 8 min gone drives. That's a way to counter Mahomes.

The Bills had the most success vs KC's defense in the postseason, and they had 27 non-QB rushing attempts. If we assume that half of Josh Allen's 12 rushes were designated running plays rather than scrambles, then that's 33 rushing attempts which is pretty solid. The Bills should have tied that game, though who knows what would have happened at the end of regulation and possibly OT -- I'm not optimistic for the Bills. The Bills have a flawed defense and Josh Allen's decision making at the end of that game was really bad.

Miami and Baltimore's game plans on the other hand were abysmal. Baltimore only had 16 total rushing attempts with half of those coming from Lamar. Miami may have been playing behind the whole game and thought their league best 1-2 receivers could go up against KC's elite corners, they were wrong.

The Raiders ran the ball 29 times with 4 of those attempts coming from their QB, that's compared to only 21 passing attempts. Cincy held a lead going into the fourth quarter and ran the ball 32 times. The Packers passed it more but they were also missing Aaron Jones and still ran the ball 25 times. Philly ran it 27 times vs 22 passes. You get the picture. These weren't merely instances of teams getting a league and running the ball, Philly was losing going into the fourth quarter.
Last time the 49ers played the Chiefs, Andy Reid GASHED them with jet sweeps. I hope to God that Wilks is preparing for that because you know it's coming.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 29, 2024 at 4:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Last time the 49ers played the Chiefs, Andy Reid GASHED them with jet sweeps. I hope to God that Wilks is preparing for that because you know it's coming.

Spoiler alert… lol
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Spoiler alert… lol

We need to get Wilks attention
Share 49ersWebzone