There are 262 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

no idea what they were thinking. Lol

I think Ravens and Lamar just panicked. He threw three straight deep throws into the endzone and its no surprise he got intercepted on the third try.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Man watching this 4th quarter. Detroit with drop and drop

edit: Ambry Thomas is a huge liability going into this SB

I recommend you find a doomsday shelter to hide out in til after the game. You don't seem like you can handle this.

This is prob the profile of Grant Cohen, the nepostist & doomsday blackpiller….gross. He hates that Purdy loves Jesus and vice versa. Would rather masturbate to the false idol worship of Mahomes.
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 29, 2024 at 8:40 PM ]
This game is scary.. On one hand, we have so many offensive weapons. We should be able to score points and move the ball. However, I think the chiefs might have a dominant defense.

Our defense has been trash. However... they do make timely stops. If the defense can't get off the field..I could see the chiefs playing keep away, limiting our possessions. Keeping the overall score low and they could win by running the ball down or throats. Luckily...Mr Andy most likely won't stick with the run.

This a pick em game.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by thl408:
Man, watching this Detroit game. They could've easily opened up a 28-7 lead at halftime.

Keep watching. You're almost at the good part.

Actually midway through the 3rd Lions driving and Goff just missing some open receivers by inches…

Lions really s**t the bed here…

It took a perfect series of events to lose. And the Lions did it like only the Lions know how too.

Yea. Just watching it with a neutral POV, the Lions just let it slip through their fingers. Literally and figuratively.

I think when the 49ers tied up the score towards the end of the 3rd Qtr, Goff started to feel the pressure and when that happens his QB rating tanks. The Lions basically lost their confidence and swag at that point. He and the lions team just started to tighten up and not play loose and relaxed.
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
We wearing away. AFC is home team this year

thats not true, it means they get to pick what they want to wear, it could be either

Last time we played them in the SB we wore away

Good chance that KC prob wants to wear white over red pants like they've done the past two games vs Bill and Ravens due to superstition, and they wore the same combo last year vs Eagles. As the designated "home team", they at least have a choice whether to do so or not.

If they do wear white jerseys, that means the Niners will wear red jerseys in Las Vegas.
Double team Kelce.
That might be one way, possibly, only way? to beat KC.

He is playing really well in the playoffs. Pull a Belichick and take away their best weapon.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If they bring the same defense last night into the SB, Mahomes gonna carve it up full 60 minutes. Spotty pressure on Goff and he isn't as mobile as Mahomes.

Agree, I think it's going to be a track meet type game. The team that scores last - wins.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
f**kin Tuck Rule did it for me. Never heard of the Tuck Rule before that game or seen it called. And if it is indeed still a rule, Lamar Jackson should've been protected by it. Such a b******t rule.

Let's pretend that the tuck rule wasn't in the rule book at the time, and rule out that it was an explanation for a bad call and instead assume it was a conspiracy.

What was the motivation or end goal?
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Oh no they'd never manipulate the outcome of a game what was I thinking.

Evidence?

Probably not huh?
You mean like secret recordings or documentation?

f**kin Tuck Rule did it for me. Never heard of the Tuck Rule before that game or seen it called. And if it is indeed still a rule, Lamar Jackson should've been protected by it. Such a b******t rule.
I think they save it for special occasions.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
This game is scary.. On one hand, we have so many offensive weapons. We should be able to score points and move the ball. However, I think the chiefs might have a dominant defense.

Our defense has been trash. However... they do make timely stops. If the defense can't get off the field..I could see the chiefs playing keep away, limiting our possessions. Keeping the overall score low and they could win by running the ball down or throats. Luckily...Mr Andy most likely won't stick with the run.

This a pick em game.

They allowed 4.5 ypc this year. That is where we can gash them. Keep pounding the rock with CMC and deebo and then go up top to Yuk and Kittle. Classic.

Oh no they'd never manipulate the outcome of a game what was I thinking.

Evidence?

Probably not huh?
You mean like secret recordings or documentation?

They got rid of the tuck rule in 2013.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Are the niners wearing home jerseys or away?
Reds

Huh? I'm pretty positive we will be wearing whites.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jays9ers:

This a pick em game.

Omenihu and Joe Thuney are out ( I think) for the Superbowl. I think those are big losses for KC.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Are the niners wearing home jerseys or away?
Reds

Huh? I'm pretty positive we will be wearing whites.

This will answer most FAQ's regarding the unis each team will wear:
https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/29/an-early-look-at-the-potential-super-bowl-uniform-matchup/
KC will likely announce their choice this week, so the manufacturers will know what Super Bowl jerseys to market and sew the logo patches onto
  • Cosmo

Let's pretend that the tuck rule wasn't in the rule book at the time, and rule out that it was an explanation for a bad call and instead assume it was a conspiracy.

What was the motivation or end goal?

I didn't think it was in the rule book at the time, that it was later made a rule to cover for refs making a bad call.
Share 49ersWebzone