There are 239 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Cosmo:
I didn't think it was in the rule book at the time, that it was later made a rule to cover for refs making a bad call.

It was there. I do think it may have been a retroactive explanation for a bad call on the field though. IIRC the ref at the time just said his arm was going forward during the game.

Either way, definitely not evidence of a conspiracy to manipulate the game. s**t is ludicrous.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
f**kin Tuck Rule did it for me. Never heard of the Tuck Rule before that game or seen it called. And if it is indeed still a rule, Lamar Jackson should've been protected by it. Such a b******t rule.

Let's pretend that the tuck rule wasn't in the rule book at the time, and rule out that it was an explanation for a bad call and instead assume it was a conspiracy.

What was the motivation or end goal?
The motivation was to keep the Patriots alive.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Last time the 49ers played the Chiefs, Andy Reid GASHED them with jet sweeps. I hope to God that Wilks is preparing for that because you know it's coming.

Well the same style runs that the packers did, lions implemented, as well as power runs. That was by far the worst our run d has looked.

never thought ferrell would be that big of a loss. Lol

Ferrell was a huge loss to this defense on early downs. Hopefully we can switch up scheme a bit & find a way to get off the field

Chase young is learning that when you're on a contender - you have to preserve your body and be in better shape. He's always been on a bum team, so his season was over a month ago. He even talked about how exhausted he is. Lol

this is why bosa is on the lower side of snaps for guys at his level - we try to preserve his reps and
not burn him out for this time of year.

id be curious to see him spend an off season with nick and learn how to be a pro on a contender. He gets a lot of flack on here, some deservedly so, but I'd still like to resign him on the cheap and see how he develops with an off season here.

Agree, I think he can blossom under Kocerek. He's a young guy and still recovering from that injury to his knee. I don't think he'll be 100% till next year.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

For what reason? The Patriots were a small time operation that had never accomplished much. Far from a big NFL brand.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
We wearing away. AFC is home team this year

thats not true, it means they get to pick what they want to wear, it could be either

Last time we played them in the SB we wore away

Good chance that KC prob wants to wear white over red pants like they've done the past two games vs Bill and Ravens due to superstition, and they wore the same combo last year vs Eagles. As the designated "home team", they at least have a choice whether to do so or not.

If they do wear white jerseys, that means the Niners will wear red jerseys in Las Vegas.

Interesting take. Could be they go superstitious and wear whites. Which would keep us in our superstitious reds.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Now this thread is coming into fruition. After 24 hours of excitement and celebration, reality hits. How do you stop the current GOAT when you have a defensive coordinator that lacks imagination and creativity? For all you guys that think Wilks is in his mad scientist laboratory scheming up a game plan that will befuddle Reid and Mahomes, keep dreaming.

Wilks is going to come out the same exact way he came out against GB. The same way he came out against Detroit. See how the jet sweep got Detroit a TD on that first down ? Watch KC exploit it over and over, and Wilks will have that "I didn't know they do that" look on his face. Of course, once Kyle starts screaming in his ear, he'll adjust. But by then Mahomes will have run up the score, and unlike Love and Goff, Mahomes is not going to crack under pressure.

We are at a severe disadvantage here folks. SEVERE disadvantage

Wilks is a below avg DC, has been propped up to be avg because of the players on this team. Carolina easily gave him up, and look at history - teams let him go every 1,2,3 years, no consistency or coaching prowess seen anywhere so far. I think there are a lot of coaches on this team, incl Kyle, who help him out. It's ok if this was an avg team like Carolina, and it's the 2nd regular season game, etc.
This is a tough one to overcome.

Personally I don't think he has the players he wants yet for his scheme. He's a blitzing coach, but his corners can't go man to man very well yet. He needs that Kyle Hamilton/John Lynch hybrid safety/LB (I think) to make the back end as strong as the Ravens squad.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Are the niners wearing home jerseys or away?
Reds

Huh? I'm pretty positive we will be wearing whites.

This will answer most FAQ's regarding the unis each team will wear:
https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/29/an-early-look-at-the-potential-super-bowl-uniform-matchup/
KC will likely announce their choice this week, so the manufacturers will know what Super Bowl jerseys to market and sew the logo patches onto
sorry, jumped the gun i thought AFC was home last year
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
this is spreading like wildfire on facebook from all my female friends
What a crock of s**t.

This is why I'm extremely cautious about this Super Bowl. We are literally up against the machine plus the Chiefs

She has a tour in Japan. I don't think she'll make it on time.

There ain't no way shes missing this game. Roger Goodell will probably send his personal jet if he has to
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

For what reason? The Patriots were a small time operation that had never accomplished much. Far from a big NFL brand.
They weren't a small time operation after that season that was the beginning of what is arguably the best dynasty in NFL history.
Reds

https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/29/an-early-look-at-the-potential-super-bowl-uniform-matchup/
KC will likely announce their choice this week, so the manufacturers will know what Super Bowl jerseys to market and sew the logo patches onto

Which one do you want 4ATT

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by thl408:
I wonder if Wilks is daring enough to come in with a gameplan that Reid hasn't seen from the 49ers this season. For example, Belichick re-vamped his defensive front to give Sean McVay a look that wasn't on film when he went with a 6-1 front that destroyed the Rams outside zone game. Reid has two weeks to cook up a gameplan. If Wilks' message is 'we have to execute better' that's not good enough.

Ugh, I don't feel so good. I hope Shanahan helps with the defensive gameplan because if the DL is playing how they typically do with their eyes on the ball and flying upfield, Reid is going to gash them on the perimeter with jet sweeps/pin pulls/crack tosses.

It's the whole two weeks thing. That's a long time to give an offensive genius. I do remember when KC came in last season and wrecked the 49ers front with those perimeter runs. It was different because instead of attacking the wide9's known weakness, interior gaps, they sealed the edge force player and attacked wide. And they did it by formation as well as using the wide9's aggressive nature against it.

Would Wilks and Kocurek consider a read and react type of run fit? Adopt two gapping on some plays so the DL doesn't get too far upfield, and are less susceptible to trap block concepts? They need to think outside the box, not be predictable, or else a play designer like Reid is going to put on an offensive show.

I'd start by looking at what the Ravens did against KC. Basically they mixed up the blitz and coverages. Patrick is too good to just play one style of defense. You have to take some chances and blitz, you have to play read and react. We don't have the back end personnel to match with the Ravens, so the blitz has to be carefully done. Got to zone blitz, play man, etc. Patrick will pick us apart if we stay in one defense.
Do we have any obvious tells like in 19 when our o line gave a good indication of run vs pass? Better clean that stuff up. Reid's staff doesn't miss much.
They weren't a small time operation after that season that was the beginning of what is arguably the best dynasty in NFL history.

Just a bit more to it than that, but you're effectively arguing that the NFL rigged a 2nd round playoff game against one of its bigger brands, with ties to the 2nd largest market in the NFL, in order to manufacture a dynasty for a much smaller regional brand with a backup QB playing that next to nobody knew.

No evidence. Nonsensical motivation beyond that. Definitely a case of brain worms.
Reds

i like the Reds, but i think it's going to be a repeat from 2019. NFL blocked us from wearing our throwback whites.. will they block us again ?
Reds

i like the Reds, but i think it's going to be a repeat from 2019. NFL blocked us from wearing our throwback whites.. will they block us again ?

Probably. I have a red Jerry rice jersey I'll be wearing SB Sunday
Share 49ersWebzone