There are 256 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by tankle104:

lmao I just saw this come up and the first thing lamar does is thank his lord And savior. LMAO I just picture that dudes head exploding that was going crazy earlier

Aww what a sweet speech by Lamar, dude seems solid. I would disagree a bit..it's ok for a man to cry..even sob. But yeah, still be a man at the end of the day haha, you can do both:)
Lmaooo

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Conspiracy theorists: "It was a CIA psyop to use the most popular spectator/TV audience sport in order to promulgate and implant 'Patriots' and 'patriotism' into the popular national psyche, so the government could more easily sell the coming 'global war on terror' and Patriot Act to the American people. Remember, the Tuck Rule Game and Patriots' first Super Bowl title happened RIGHT AFTER 9/11…

I can buy it.

keep your stupid ass politics out of the football threads

This.
2019 49ers - Infinity War
2023 49ers - End Game

they do be calling us the Avengers Squad.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
You can only play with the players on the field at the time.

every game there is likely to be a serious injury.

the Chiefs fans are very very confirdent

Hard to blame them. They just went through a real tough AFC lineup to get to the Super Bowl, we haven't looked in top form, and they've beaten us every time they played us in recent history. And they have a GOAT tier QB, lol

Maybe we went through a tough lineup as well? I think the Packers were legit and the Lions were a good team all year. Both teams jumped out in front of us and we had to show some grit to comeback and win.

The Chiefs road was definitely impressive at face value, but let's break it down. They played a Miami team in -10 degree weather in KC. Miami was known to not be able to hang with the big boys especially in that environment. Then they go to Buffalo and honestly should have lost this one. But Josh Allen turned into a potato once again and the Bills...Bills'd in the very end. Then they go to Baltimore to face another known playoff choker. The choker in Lamar was still there but he got a pass for one week since he beat a tired Houston team with a rookie HC/QB.

They still won all 3 games and got to the SB differently this year. Gotta give them credit for that. But we ran a gauntlet against the NFC to claim the #1 seed and then beat the other 2 NFC teams we hadn't played yet. Imo those 2 NFC teams we played were better than the eagles, cowboys, Bucs, Rams and we still beat them. We beat them in comeback fashion so we too won differently and got to the SB differently.

I think the Niners can beat them. I really do. It might take between 30-40 pts. That will be tough after we watched Lamar and the Ravens only put up 10. We need Kyle and the Niners offense to ascend themselves and play better than ever. They are capable. The defense...needs to play better for sure. Especially in the first half. We'll see what Niners D shows up, but I'm confident the Niners offense can move the ball.
Originally posted by Silky:

Hard to blame them. They just went through a real tough AFC lineup to get to the Super Bowl, we haven't looked in top form, and they've beaten us every time they played us in recent history. And they have a GOAT tier QB, lol

Maybe we went through a tough lineup as well? I think the Packers were legit and the Lions were a good team all year. Both teams jumped out in front of us and we had to show some grit to comeback and win.

The Chiefs road was definitely impressive at face value, but let's break it down. They played a Miami team in -10 degree weather in KC. Miami was known to not be able to hang with the big boys especially in that environment. Then they go to Buffalo and honestly should have lost this one. But Josh Allen turned into a potato once again and the Bills...Bills'd in the very end. Then they go to Baltimore to face another known playoff choker. The choker in Lamar was still there but he got a pass for one week since he beat a tired Houston team with a rookie HC/QB.

They still won all 3 games and got to the SB differently this year. Gotta give them credit for that. But we ran a gauntlet against the NFC to claim the #1 seed and then beat the other 2 NFC teams we hadn't played yet. Imo those 2 NFC teams we played were better than the eagles, cowboys, Bucs, Rams and we still beat them. We beat them in comeback fashion so we too won differently and got to the SB differently.

I think the Niners can beat them. I really do. It might take between 30-40 pts. That will be tough after we watched Lamar and the Ravens only put up 10. We need Kyle and the Niners offense to ascend themselves and play better than ever. They are capable. The defense...needs to play better for sure. Especially in the first half. We'll see what Niners D shows up, but I'm confident the Niners offense can move the ball.

I was with you through most of this. Except that I don't believe it will take 30-40 points. KC was able to only put up 26 and 27 points against 2 really banged up defenses in the dolphins and bills and have averaged less than 22 points per game during the regular season. I doubt the chiefs can run the ball on us like the packers and lions. I trust our linebackers and db's more than their receivers. I think if we can score atleast 24 points, we have a real shot at winning this game.
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
So, since this thread needs more positive message content:
The 49ers will win this Super Bowl.
Believe.

f**k yeah we will! Go Niners!
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I was with you through most of this. Except that I don't believe it will take 30-40 points. KC was able to only put up 26 and 27 points against 2 really banged up defenses in the dolphins and bills and have averaged less than 22 points per game during the regular season. I doubt the chiefs can run the ball on us like the packers and lions. I trust our linebackers and db's more than their receivers. I think if we can score atleast 24 points, we have a real shot at winning this game.

This!

Also the Chiefs D isn't that good vs the run and their Offense is average at running the ball and has trouble scoring points
Originally posted by tankle104:

I have no idea what they use to predict the outcomes but "ESPN Matchup Predictor" says we have a 59.4% to win and 40.6% for chiefs. I'd be curious what inputs/variables they're looking at

Yards per play vs yards per played allowed, adjust for nfl average adjusted for opponents played. Factor in probability of turnovers and 💥.

you then take the expected points per game for each team and feed it into a Possion distribution for each possible out come and count up the probability.

thats the base formula, obviously vegas has it tweaked over the years.

I was curious back in 2019 so I tested how accurate Vegas was on their probabilities. I took 6 years of games and calculated out how often the teams won against their probability to win (moneyline value).

and the result was the following:
Team with 90% prob won 90% of the time
Team with 80% prob won 80% of the time
Team with 70% prob won 70% of the time
Team with 60% prob won 60% of the time
…. And so on

i was like… dam can't bet against vegas. I was hoping to find something like the team with 40% prob really wins 50% of the time and then I would just always lay bets on the slight dog and guarantee ROI over time.
[ Edited by Shorteous on Jan 30, 2024 at 4:21 AM ]
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Why? Because KC is just that much better of a team? Cause I'll disagree with everyone on these message boards about that.

It's not like shanahan is a bad coach lol. Quite the opposite actually.

Probably moreso the totality of coaching.

Kyle - 9/10
Wilks - 7/10?

Reid - 9/10
Spags - 9/10

Spags 9/10? Defensive ranks in KC: 17, 16, 27, 11, 2. Not great.

Originally posted by Silky:

I think there's something in this. I'm wondering if we had the NFC a bit upside-down, particularly in the second half of the season, and the teams that came through (Packers / Lions) were the true heavyweights rather than the teams we were giving all the attention (Eagles / Cowboys)?

You have to respect the Chief's ability to win. I don't think I've seen a team win as many games when they are not playing 100% well as the Chiefs. They are peaking at the right time, and the opening few drives against the Ravens was very impressive.
But there is definitely a vulnerability there. They are not steamrollering teams (Dolphins excepted). They are winning tight games. They will have to score a lot of points to do that against us, which something else I don't see them doing a lot of.
PFF rankings matchup

Overall
KC- 8th
SF- 1st

Offense
KC- 11th
SF- 1st

Passing
KC- 5th
SF- 10th

PBLCK
KC- 7th
SF- 25th

Receiving
KC- 16th
SF- 1st

Rushing
KC- 10th
SF- 1st

RBLCK
KC- 17th
SF- 1st

Defense
KC- 13th
SF- 3rd

Run Def
KC- 16th
SF- 15th

Tackling
KC- 15th
SF- 6th

Pass rush
KC- 17th
SF- 3rd

Coverage
KC- 10th
SF- 3rd

Special teams
KC- 4th
SF- 23rd
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
this is spreading like wildfire on facebook from all my female friends

I guarantee you this was made by some fat chick with blue hair and bull ring in her nose.

Attention whore attention whores at NFL game.

Front and center in a box suite. What a coincidence.

does the NFL not benefit from cutting to her as often as they can somehow? the only point I grant is that she has no control over what is broadcasted to us
PFF rankings matchup

Run Def
KC- 16th
SF- 15th

Special teams
KC- 4th
SF- 23rd

Here's where the problems are gonna be 💯
Originally posted by Patton:
PFF rankings matchup

Run Def
KC- 16th
SF- 15th

Special teams
KC- 4th
SF- 23rd

Here's where the problems are gonna be 💯

Special teams is certainly a concern. But...

Rushing
KC- 10th
SF- 1st

RBLCK
KC- 17th
SF- 1st
Share 49ersWebzone