There are 225 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by illinois9er:
Embrace this moment, remember we are eternal all this pain is an illusion

Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience
Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing
A chance to be alive and breathing
Originally posted by BimmerKing:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
49ers had the 3rd best rushing defense in the league during the regular season, and then Detroit happened.

No, and then the Hufanga injury happened

losing an all pro will do that to a D
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
The fact that what he did was mostly run around like a RB all season IS LAUGHABLE that he's gonna get the MVP.

you cant have watched Lamar play in the regular season and have this opinion

the fact is there are multiple people deserving of MVP this year and Lamar is one of them

You kidding me, I can't have watched Lamar and have this opinion. It's not just my opinion and go look at his numbers, this fool barely throws for 200 yards in games and always chokes in the playoffs. He's nothing but a Youtube highlight during the season then exits the playoffs faster than a Tik Tok video.

And people act like it was all him, look at how good his defense is. Getting him the ball all the time and getting their offense good field position. Sure Purdy has all these weapons around him…..but that's because he gets them the ball. Put OBJ in this offense and I bet you see his production double!!! And that's what a QB-MVP is supposed to look like!!!!
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by BimmerKing:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
49ers had the 3rd best rushing defense in the league during the regular season, and then Detroit happened.

No, and then the Hufanga injury happened

1 - That is showing EPA and I was referring to RYPG
2 - According to that the run D improved after Hufanga was injured.
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
Peter Schrager predicted Niners Chiefs SB at the beginning of the year with the Chiefs winning it. Also predicted McDuffie with a pick six to basically win it. He's been right the past 5 years and even predicted chief's LB N. Bolton having a great game last year's SB.

Welp then why even bother playing it if Schrager predicted it?
A little surprised 49ers -1.5. I thought it would be a pick'em.
You kidding me, I can't have watched Lamar and have this opinion. It's not just my opinion and go look at his numbers, this fool barely throws for 200 yards in games and always chokes in the playoffs. He's nothing but a Youtube highlight during the season then exits the playoffs faster than a Tik Tok video.
And people act like it was all him, look at how good his defense is. Getting him the ball all the time and getting their offense good field position. Sure Purdy has all these weapons around him…..but that's because he gets them the ball. Put OBJ in this offense and I bet you see his production double!!! And that's what a QB-MVP is supposed to look like!!!!

the MVP is based on the regular season, not the playoffs

and also i don't think that's true at all OBJ production would not double here at all i think were at that point where he has shown he isn't the same after the injuries. He had a horrible playoff game yesterday but i still stand by he has no help in the offensive skill position group.

I don't think I would take a single one of their skill position players over ours. Zay Flowers is their top option this year i don't think he would be a top option on any team i don't even think Aghlor or OBJ would even make our roster and there the #2 and 3 option for that teamlamar

also this isn't a who is a better QB argument i am saying Lamar produced one of the most efficient offenses in the regular season despite having really no one at the skill positions and he is deserving of MVP this year as is Purdy and CMC
[ Edited by ritz126 on Jan 30, 2024 at 8:23 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:

It actually jumped to 49ers -4.5 at 2am Sunday, then fell right back down to -1.0 - -1.5 on Monday.

and also i don't think that's true at all OBJ production would not double here at all i think were at that point where he has shown he isn't the same after the injuries. He had a horrible playoff game yesterday but i still stand by he has no help in the offensive skill position group.

I don't think I would take a single one of their skill position players over ours. Zay Flowers is their top option this year i don't think he would be a top option on any team i don't even think Aghlor or OBJ would even make our roster and there the #2 and 3 option for that team

Andrews and Likely are the best TE tandem in the league and its not close.

Also, the Ravens OL is way better than ours. And Flowers would be the top WR on the Chiefs outside of Kelce.
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:

It actually jumped to 49ers -4.5 at 2am Sunday, then fell right back down to -1.0 - -1.5 on Monday.

They are just trying to get the Midwesterners to Gamble.

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Andrews and Likely are the best TE tandem in the league and its not close.

Also, the Ravens OL is way better than ours. And Flowers would be the top WR on the Chiefs outside of Kelce.

agreed on both of those points. But my point is Andrews missed like half the season and their offense didn't really get affected (again in regular season) with him being gone which is my point. Likely is a decent TE 2 option but he can't be a top 2-3 option in a high scoring offense he isn't that good

good call on the chiefs though regarding Flowers being top WR option there but i do think that's the only other team
Niners gotta go out and slay the dragon!
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
I hope Mr Taylor Swift has a s**t game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I don't think I would take a single one of their skill position players over ours. Zay Flowers is their top option this year i don't think he would be a top option on any team i don't even think Aghlor or OBJ would even make our roster and there the #2 and 3 option for that teamlamar

also this isn't a who is a better QB argument i am saying Lamar produced one of the most efficient offenses in the regular season despite having really no one at the skill positions and he is deserving of MVP this year as is Purdy and CMC

I see a bias in your opinion. And you ask me if I watched Lamar this season. OBJ still has deep speed, Lamar rarely looks his way, he checks Flowers then runs. And lets also take into account that Lamar has a much better O-line that ranks in the top 5 than the 49ers at #16 IIRC.

And you not taking a single skill position over the 49ers is not the point. His skill players around him, Zay Flowers, OBJ, Rashod Bateman, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Likely are much better than a lot of teams skill players. Put Purdy on that team and I bet their production doubles. Its not that I have a bias towards Purdy, its just that I know how well he spreads the ball around. Again thats what a QB-MVP is supposed to look like.

Yes I know MVP award has nothing to do with the playoffs, but when voting it should be taken into account. That's why its nothing but a b******t award. If anything CMC should get the award, but he won't and that's why its a b******t award.
f**k the chiefs! I WANT REVENGE!! LET'S GO NINERS!!!
Share 49ersWebzone