There are 412 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
A little surprised 49ers -1.5. I thought it would be a pick'em.

Niners have been favored every game in the playoffs and won every game. Now did they cover their spreads. Heck no. But we still won
Looks like Omenihu is out with a torn ACL. That could be big. He made possibly the best play of the game for the chiefs on Sunday.
Originally posted by walker807:
Looks like Omenihu is out with a torn ACL. That could be big. He made possibly the best play of the game for the chiefs on Sunday.

I feel bad for the guy but, definitely not for the chiefs.
Originally posted by walker807:

that sucks for them and him that will be a big loss
Looking at the chiefsplanet forum is terrifying............they're extremely confident and their arguments while homerish aren't totally outlandish. They seem to know about the 49er weaknesses as well as we do. They underestimate Purdy way too much, and maybe too much confidence in Spagnuolo like he's Belichick shutting down the Rams in both those super bowls.

And yet, despite never trailing in their playoff games (compared to the Niners), the Chiefs are somehow underdogs in this game???

Even if Vegas set the lines to garner Niner action and ACTUALLY THINK the Chiefs are favored, it wouldn't be by much!

My guess is the 49ers D will figure out how to slow down Mahomes enough that the 2nd half adjustments will kick in.

Based on the playoffs alone, you have to imagine the 49ers played better second halves than KC........the #s prove it on points alone. Whether they went more conservative or were figured out, hard to say.

The closer the score is by halftime, the better the 49er odds are I would imagine.

I think what the Niners did is crazy unexpected. I'm pretty sure no one on this forum would've predicted it before the postseason began that we could've came from behind twice.

I don't know, I have a feeling LaFleur and Johnson really coached their asses off to get their game plans to work, but only for a little while not the full 60 minutes.

I'm a bit worried about the scheme, but maybe Shanahan and Wilks will have a few ideas and rotate them until they can slow down Mahomes.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Looking at the chiefsplanet forum is terrifying............they're extremely confident and their arguments while homerish aren't totally outlandish. They seem to know about the 49er weaknesses as well as we do. They underestimate Purdy way too much, and maybe too much confidence in Spagnuolo like he's Belichick shutting down the Rams in both those super bowls.

And yet, despite never trailing in their playoff games (compared to the Niners), the Chiefs are somehow underdogs in this game???

Even if Vegas set the lines to garner Niner action and ACTUALLY THINK the Chiefs are favored, it wouldn't be by much!

My guess is the 49ers D will figure out how to slow down Mahomes enough that the 2nd half adjustments will kick in.

Based on the playoffs alone, you have to imagine the 49ers played better second halves than KC........the #s prove it on points alone. Whether they went more conservative or were figured out, hard to say.

The closer the score is by halftime, the better the 49er odds are I would imagine.

I think what the Niners did is crazy unexpected. I'm pretty sure no one on this forum would've predicted it before the postseason began that we could've came from behind twice.

I don't know, I have a feeling LaFleur and Johnson really coached their asses off to get their game plans to work, but only for a little while not the full 60 minutes.

I'm a bit worried about the scheme, but maybe Shanahan and Wilks will have a few ideas and rotate them until they can slow down Mahomes.

in game and second-half adjustments have been absolutely elite
It's funny......they talk a lot of s**t like the Chiefs are some juggernaut, but they've never kicked anyone's ass in the Super Bowl.

They trailed in all of them, 10 points in their two wins.

I'm getting a decent feeling. I'm concerned but after watching these two comebacks, there's NO WAY I'm not gonna be FAITHFUL AF going into this one!
Seems like we are getting more respect from Chiefs fans than we do from any other fans in the NFL. (Even some of our own fans)
[ Edited by SlipAndSlideBosa on Jan 30, 2024 at 8:49 AM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

I'm guessing their fans have more of a nervous confidence right now. They watched their offense get shut out the 2nd half of the Ravens game. KC didn't win that game, the Ravens chocked and lost the game through mistakes.

Meanwhile the niners hit the gas pedal and put up 10 on GB to close out a win. The. The next week put up 27 straight on Detroit to close out another comeback. Were controlling our own destiny at this point. If the niners play like they know they can this should be a W. Our team has more talent and Purdy is getting a ton of valuable game experience. I think those comeback wins will be huge for him.
LEONARD VS DURAN II

Originally posted by MarkD:
I hope Mr Taylor Swift has a s**t game.

He can have a good game, we just need to have more points when it's all said and done. No different than games we've given up 100+ yard receivers and won. Final score is all that matters.
Bill Vinovich is the referee again?

Well thats a wrap folks. See you guys in the offseason.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Was a good run. I have thoroughly enjoyed it.
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
A little surprised 49ers -1.5. I thought it would be a pick'em.

Niners have been favored every game in the playoffs and won every game. Now did they cover their spreads. Heck no. But we still won

To be fair if we don't cover this spread we're in trouble lol. Not much wiggle room there.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Hey we'll see. This time you can make a strong case the 49ers are the better passing team and the Chiefs are the better pass rush team.

If they pretend OL holding doesn't exist it actually favors us this time! That would be fantastic to beat them with the same officiating and see their fans complain about lack of holding calls.
Share 49ersWebzone