There are 203 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Bill Vinovich is the referee again?

Well thats a wrap folks. See you guys in the offseason.

Was a good run. I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

The Chiefs won't need help from the refs this time. They'll have wilks and his defensive scheme Instead.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
1 - That is showing EPA and I was referring to RYPG
2 - According to that the run D improved after Hufanga was injured.

RYPG is a hollow stat imo.
Originally posted by genus49:

Hey we'll see. This time you can make a strong case the 49ers are the better passing team and the Chiefs are the better pass rush team.

If they pretend OL holding doesn't exist it actually favors us this time! That would be fantastic to beat them with the same officiating and see their fans complain about lack of holding calls.

Bosa is gonna be looking at a 2-3 sack game if they don't help on him. Chiefs OTs can be had.
Originally posted by walker807:
Looks like Omenihu is out with a torn ACL. That could be big. He made possibly the best play of the game for the chiefs on Sunday.

Couple questionable guys for them

Guys for KC that are either out or have a good chance at being out for the Super Bowl.

IDL Derrick Nnadi- Out
OG- Joe Thuney- Likely out
ILB- Willie Gay- potentially out (neck injury)
DL- Charles Omenihu- out
niner fans have already given up lolol
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Was a good run. I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

The Chiefs won't need help from the refs this time. They'll have wilks and his defensive scheme Instead.

I think our offense will be enough. Our Defense just needs to look alive!
It just feels like we are the underdogs. Maybe on paper we aren't, but this is Reid and Mahomes and their DC has their defense playing lights out.

Niners will have to dig deep and have a historic performance to overcome. I understand we are a different and in most ways a better team than we were when we lost to this team 4 years ago. But they have also elevated themselves on that side as well and are bordering on dynasty status.

We must do to the chiefs what the bengals failed to do to us: avenge a Super Bowl loss and deny a chiefs dynasty.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

Because we are terrified of the defense. Mahommes will walk us 75 yards every drive. If these mofos show up and get stops Kyle needs to pound CMC all damn night.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
It just feels like we are the underdogs. Maybe on paper we aren't, but this is Reid and Mahomes and their DC has their defense playing lights out.

Niners will have to dig deep and have a historic performance to overcome. I understand we are a different and in most ways a better team than we were when we lost to this team 4 years ago. But they have also elevated themselves on that side as well and are bordering on dynasty status.

We must do to the chiefs what the bengals failed to do to us: avenge a Super Bowl loss and deny a chiefs dynasty.

niners have to slay the dragon, simple as that.
After last two games, 49ers look like a TEAM OF DESTINY. The football gods are with us

Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Embrace this moment, remember we are eternal all this pain is an illusion

Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience
Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing
A chance to be alive and breathing

I love you
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Because we are terrified of the defense. Mahommes will walk us 75 yards every drive. If these mofos show up and get stops Kyle needs to pound CMC all damn night.

we have to accept the fact that niners defense is not as good as we hope they would be....but I do believe they can hold KC under 30 points, if they do that.....its gonna be on purdy and the offense to score 30+, which is very doable!

there's plenty of hope folks!
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Jan 30, 2024 at 9:34 AM ]

Nobody has given up but we'd be lying if how both teams played in the playoffs so far indicates the 49ers should be favored in this game.

Hopefully the week off for both teams ends up giving us teams we saw most of the season which was a Chiefs team which had issues on offense and a 49ers team that was red hot on both sides of the ball.

But honestly if you didn't have concern about Andy Reid outcoaching Wilks...then I'll have what you're having.
Niners can't let Spags control what we do on offense. I'm sure they will try and force Brock to pass the ball and stop the run (everything we do is based off the run). I feel like that D is vulnerable up the middle of the field.

I have no idea what Lamar was trying to prove last game….there was massive running lanes for him and he just didn't take off.

Kyle has got to run the ball regardless. Get ahead of the chains and force them to have to react off those PA calls.

Mahomes is gonna Mahomes, but try and get pressure up the middle. Don't allow Kelce to just run around and find the open spaces all game. Those two just play backyard football. Make someone else beat us besides Mr. Swift.

Hell no. We're the better team. This is our year! I wanted to play KC over Baltimore.
Share 49ersWebzone