🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Bill Vinovich is the referee again?

Well thats a wrap folks. See you guys in the offseason.

Hey we'll see. This time you can make a strong case the 49ers are the better passing team and the Chiefs are the better pass rush team.

If they pretend OL holding doesn't exist it actually favors us this time! That would be fantastic to beat them with the same officiating and see their fans complain about lack of holding calls.

Its not the amount that they call. Rarely the issue.

Its the timing.

No holding calls all game and then bam - right when the other team is threatening to score there is holding call.

Or on a stop against them there is suddenly a defensive holding call.

Its subtle but very impacting.
WW3 is cancelling the game y'all…
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Niners can't let Spags control what we do on offense. I'm sure they will try and force Brock to pass the ball and stop the run (everything we do is based off the run). I feel like that D is vulnerable up the middle of the field.

I have no idea what Lamar was trying to prove last game….there was massive running lanes for him and he just didn't take off.

Kyle has got to run the ball regardless. Get ahead of the chains and force them to have to react off those PA calls.

Mahomes is gonna Mahomes, but try and get pressure up the middle. Don't allow Kelce to just run around and find the open spaces all game. Those two just play backyard football. Make someone else beat us besides Mr. Swift.

This is a great point. I'm going back into their game now because I had a couple of errands to run in anticipation to the 49ers game but I definitely recall a few plays where it looked wide open for Lamar to pick up the first down and move the chains and he sat back and either got sacked or ended up throwing the ball away.

How a running team like the Ravens can go into that game and in a 1 score game the whole way through, can only run the ball 16 times and 8 of those are with their QB is crazy to me.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Keep making these Parking Lot level posts in here and I'm putting you on timeout from everywhere but there until August.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
niner fans have already given up lolol

Nobody has given up but we'd be lying if how both teams played in the playoffs so far indicates the 49ers should be favored in this game.

Hopefully the week off for both teams ends up giving us teams we saw most of the season which was a Chiefs team which had issues on offense and a 49ers team that was red hot on both sides of the ball.

But honestly if you didn't have concern about Andy Reid outcoaching Wilks...then I'll have what you're having.

Agreed: my list of concerns:

1. Wilks and the defense

2. Run defense and discipline specifically

3. our offensive line especially with pass protection

4. Jake Moody
Originally posted by BP13:
After last two games, 49ers look like a TEAM OF DESTINY. The football gods are with us

Every team looks like the team of destiny until they lose. The Lions probably thought they were the team of destiny until suddenly in the 2nd half they weren't anymore.

I remember in 2019 thinking that we were destined to win the SB with how things had played out (the Kittle play against the Saints, the Dre Greenlaw tackle against Seattle, etc.) and then suddenly with 7 minutes left in the SB we stopped being that team. Hopefully this time the game has a different outcome.
  • thl408
Niners can't let Spags control what we do on offense. I'm sure they will try and force Brock to pass the ball and stop the run (everything we do is based off the run). I feel like that D is vulnerable up the middle of the field.

I have no idea what Lamar was trying to prove last game….there was massive running lanes for him and he just didn't take off.

Kyle has got to run the ball regardless. Get ahead of the chains and force them to have to react off those PA calls.

Mahomes is gonna Mahomes, but try and get pressure up the middle. Don't allow Kelce to just run around and find the open spaces all game. Those two just play backyard football. Make someone else beat us besides Mr. Swift.

Offensively Brock cannot be shy about using his legs to scramble. If he sees man coverage, check his best matchup, then his second, and take off. I want to see maximum creativity from Kyle with plays that quickly and easily get the ball into CMC/Deebo/Kittles hands. Screens, little shovel passes, misdirection boots - easy stuff that takes advantage of their YAC ability. Don't care about air yards or trying to make a statement with difficult downfield throws.

I do think Brock will get blitzed and will see creative disguises. This can all be somewhat negated by not having Brock make full field reads. Get the RPO game going. Fully utilize the interchangability of CMC/Deebo which forces KC to debate whether they should be in base or nickel personnel. Stress the s**t out of that defense with Deebo in the backfield, then he motions out, then he motions back, all that.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
niner fans have already given up lolol

Hell no. We're the better team. This is our year! I wanted to play KC over Baltimore.

I agree. There's no easy win in this game, regardless of who we play, but Baltimore was the best team in the east by a wide margin this year. They s**t the bed on Sunday and really gave the game away. KC seems to have some bigger holes than they have in the past. I like our chances.
This is a great point. I'm going back into their game now because I had a couple of errands to run in anticipation to the 49ers game but I definitely recall a few plays where it looked wide open for Lamar to pick up the first down and move the chains and he sat back and either got sacked or ended up throwing the ball away.

How a running team like the Ravens can go into that game and in a 1 score game the whole way through, can only run the ball 16 times and 8 of those are with their QB is crazy to me.

They did the exact same thing against Tennessee in 2019.

Gotta be a Harbaugh deal.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Bill Vinovich is the referee again?

Well thats a wrap folks. See you guys in the offseason.

Was a good run. I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Same. The most controllable official there is. Very experienced at it too. No coincidence here.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 30, 2024 at 10:02 AM ]

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Keep making these Parking Lot level posts in here and I'm putting you on timeout from everywhere but there until August.

Please, no. I don't want him there.

It's a little weird. I saw somewhere that the Ravens have had their lowest scoring game of the entire season occur in the playoffs all 4 seasons that Lamar has made the playoffs. Which seems very statistically improbable unless they're consistently panicking and abandoning their normal offensive game plan once they get to the playoffs.
If you told every Raven and KC fan they held the chiefs to 17 points and lost they would all say no way. Their offense totally s**t the bed. Credit to the Chiefs man they are playing sound ball.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

It's a little weird. I saw somewhere that the Ravens have had their lowest scoring game of the entire season occur in the playoffs all 4 seasons that Lamar has made the playoffs. Which seems very statistically improbable unless they're consistently panicking and abandoning their normal offensive game plan once they get to the playoffs.

Ravens doing some RPO, if Lamar decides to keep it. The rest of the team have to accept 6 carries by the RBs all game, after the game. Or have Lamar read the defense presnap, check out of the current play to hand off to the RB because it would be more advantage due to the defensive alignment. Lamar MVP, too good for that doe.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 30, 2024 at 10:02 AM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
If you told every Raven and KC fan they held the chiefs to 17 points and lost they would all say no way. Their offense totally s**t the bed. Credit to the Chiefs man they are playing sound ball.

this why i think the niners will win the game

ravens defense did their job and held mahomes to 17, lamar just folded unfortunately... meanwhile niners offense is a whole different beast.
Share 49ersWebzone