There are 239 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
If you told every Raven and KC fan they held the chiefs to 17 points and lost they would all say no way. Their offense totally s**t the bed. Credit to the Chiefs man they are playing sound ball.

this why i think the niners will win the game

ravens defense did their job and held mahomes to 17, lamar just folded unfortunately... meanwhile niners offense is a whole different beast.

I agree, but our defense hasn't been playing anywhere near the ravens level as of late.
Originally posted by genus49:
niner fans have already given up lolol

Nobody has given up but we'd be lying if how both teams played in the playoffs so far indicates the 49ers should be favored in this game.

Hopefully the week off for both teams ends up giving us teams we saw most of the season which was a Chiefs team which had issues on offense and a 49ers team that was red hot on both sides of the ball.

But honestly if you didn't have concern about Andy Reid outcoaching Wilks...then I'll have what you're having.

Agreed: my list of concerns:

1. Wilks and the defense

2. Run defense and discipline specifically

3. our offensive line especially with pass protection

4. Jake Moody

Spot on. Mahomes didn't break a sweat the last time he played us. IIRC, just abused the zone behind the LB's and in front of the S's all day. LB's were brutal in coverage. We just saw some of this with the Lions.
If you told every Raven and KC fan they held the chiefs to 17 points and lost they would all say no way. Their offense totally s**t the bed. Credit to the Chiefs man they are playing sound ball.

ravens defense did their job and held mahomes to 17, lamar just folded unfortunately... meanwhile niners offense is a whole different beast.

I agree, but our defense hasn't been playing anywhere near the ravens level as of late.
I'm hoping the embarrassment of the first half, and the dominance of the second half will push the defense to play more to their ability in the SB. It would be weird for those players to come out looking flat in a 3rd straight big game. I expect to see the 3rd ranked defense we saw for most of the season.
They are due for a good game
[ Edited by BP13 on Jan 30, 2024 at 10:02 AM ]
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
WW3 is cancelling the game y'all…

Keep making these Parking Lot level posts in here and I'm putting you on timeout from everywhere but there until August.

Please, no. I don't want him there.

LOL. I can make 5 more recommendations instead. Ha
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 30, 2024 at 10:02 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Nobody has given up but we'd be lying if how both teams played in the playoffs so far indicates the 49ers should be favored in this game.

Hopefully the week off for both teams ends up giving us teams we saw most of the season which was a Chiefs team which had issues on offense and a 49ers team that was red hot on both sides of the ball.

But honestly if you didn't have concern about Andy Reid outcoaching Wilks...then I'll have what you're having.

1. Wilks and the defense

4. Jake Moody

Spot on. Mahomes didn't break a sweat the last time he played us. IIRC, just abused the zone behind the LB's and in front of the S's all day. LB's were brutal in coverage. We just saw some of this with the Lions.

I know. Mahommes is making all those throws Goff missed. I am wondering if the defense needs to try and change it up. What if they didn't do wide 9 every down but tried a different layout etc. I feel like Willks needs to deploy some wild stuff to try and keep them off pace like that. Reid adjusts by drive man, not by half. One punt can be a huge difference. I don't care how they get it done, but it'll take a massive team effort from everyone.

1. Wilks and the defense

4. Jake Moody

Except when he threw that INT right to Hufanga. Our biggest issue in that game was the outside runs and misdirection. That is actually what opened up the middle of the field.

fair point, but how much points to you think KC will score? I think they score 30 or less, so it'll ultimately come down to the niners offense scoring more than that, which they have already proved numerous times this year that they can.

score might be something like

Niners 35
Chiefs 30
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Jan 30, 2024 at 10:07 AM ]

dan Campbell is lucky as hell with this. I think thay team would of been in serious trouble with out this man.

juice done got himself a sugar momma!
Originally posted by tankle104:

dan Campbell is lucky as hell with this. I think thay team would of been in serious trouble with out this man.

Yea. Dan really dodged a bullet.

turns out just about EVERY team is terrible in these situations
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

1. Wilks and the defense

4. Jake Moody

Agree, the last game against KC, those KC screens just took advantage of the wide 9 gap penetrating scheme. A possible counter is the Zone Blitz. I.e. one DLineman dropping back in zone coverage. Wilks is supposed to be an expert in those zone-rush schemes.

KC will do those Lions toss crack plays, it puts our DEs in a bind and could potentially open up our putrid pass defense to a play pass explosive call.

Chris Jones is going to have to be given the Aron Donald treatment. Kyle has to run the ball a lot in this game. I just hope Kyle doesn't outsmart himself like he did in 2019.
Share 49ersWebzone