There are 214 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

This will be the first Superbowl I will watch since the last time we were in the Superbowl.
Hi all,

My name is Zara and I'm a reporter for the SF Chronicle. I'm looking for 49ers fans who are trying desperately to score a ticket/tickets to the Super Bowl (who have had luck or have given up hope) that would be willing to talk to a reporter? If you or anyone you know of is interested, please reply to this thread.

Thank you!!
Originally posted by zarasfchronicle:
Hi all,

My name is Zara and I'm a reporter for the SF Chronicle. I'm looking for 49ers fans who are trying desperately to score a ticket/tickets to the Super Bowl (who have had luck or have given up hope) that would be willing to talk to a reporter? If you or anyone you know of is interested, please reply to this thread.

Thank you!!

Could we run one of these split back concepts? lol
why the hell does KC get to be in their reds again? so lame
Hi all,

Thank you!!

Your last piece on the timeline of Taylor Swifts relationships was truly enlightening.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
why the hell does KC get to be in their reds again? so lame

The home team designation alternates every year (the calendar year, not season year).

The AFC is the home team for even years, and the NFC for odd years.

The home team gets to choose their uniforms, and KC went with their red ones. Here's the last five Super Bowls:
  • 2020 - Kansas City home, wore red.
  • 2021 - Tampa home, wore white.
  • 2022 - Cincinnati home, wore black.
  • 2023 - Philadelphia home, wore green.
  • 2013 - Kansas City home, wearing red.
[ Edited by linkboy on Jan 30, 2024 at 11:49 AM ]
white unis it is again
White jersey teams have won 15 of the last 18 Super Bowls

XL: Steelers
XLI: Colts
XLII: Giants
XLIII: Steelers
XLIV: Saints
XLVI: Giants
XLVII: Ravens
XLVIII: Seahawks
XLIX: Patriots
50: Broncos
LI: Patriots
LIII: Patriots
LV: Buccaneers
LVI: Rams
LVII: Chiefs

(and 37 of the previous 57, or 65%)
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 30, 2024 at 11:57 AM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:
With that said, I'm out. This place wants to talk about how we will lose instead of how we can win. f**k ALL THIS NEGATIVITY. See you all after we win the SB.

I haven't been paying much attention to the pregame thread but fans who are thinking we are gonna lose don't know what they are talking about. We are finally facing a team we will establish the run and be able to pass off it. We are gonna dog walk these dudes and it's gonna take refs and divine intervention to stop us.

• Cosmo
Originally posted by thl408:
Brock is the great equalizer, and without Tyreek, that big play ability is greatly hampered. They did sign Scantling as a deep threat but, come on, Tyreek to Scantling is a gigantic step down. Kyle is no longer restrained and can dial up all the creative stuff he can think of to stress the KC defense. These are two different teams compared to 2019, very different. Oh yeah, the 49ers also have the best RB in the league this time around.

While I think the Niners win this time around, the defense is troubling to say the least. I'm not sure how anyone could watch Ben Johnson treat Wilks and the rest of the defense like his personal blowup doll and still feel confident going into this game.
  • Cosmo
Hi all,

Thank you!!

I think you just described everyone in this forum lol. Is it Zara Irshad?
I'm just trying to stay grounded. This will be the hardest test ever for the Niners. I will be sending the Niners all of my spirit energy to help them win this game.
these are the kind of plays we need to see more of against pat. It'll cause him to hesitate and give our d line time to penetrate. Great play design by wilks
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Man I want one of these if we win it. The logo is badass this year
Share 49ersWebzone