There are 133 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

A lot of Brock disrespect on chiefsplanet, but I see about 2-3 posters who acknowledge he's a good to really good QB.

I'd love more than anything to see him humble that team and to have better stats than Mahomes.

Hell, Garoppolo almost did.
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
I hate to keep harping on this, but the 49ers WILL win this game.
Super Bowl Champs. Not gonna be denied.

The WHOLE season has lined up perfectly. The most injured team in football over 7 straight years including the QB and a major UCL surgery suddenly is the healthiest team in football and has an MVP caliber QB. Best RB in the business. Dominate pro bowls and all pros. #1 seed. Resilient. Breaks went our way. Officials a non issue thus far. On and on and on.

THIS. IS. OUR. YEAR.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

• Cosmo
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
A lot of Brock disrespect on chiefsplanet, but I see about 2-3 posters who acknowledge he's a good to really good QB.

I'd love more than anything to see him humble that team and to have better stats than Mahomes.

When the Niners were sporting a top 5 defense….
Originally posted by thl408:
I bought a Navarro Bowman jersey with a Super Bowl whatever (BAL loss) patch on it before the game. I've worn it once.

Last jersey I ever got was bowman, he then shredded his knee
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
I hate to keep harping on this, but the 49ers WILL win this game.
Super Bowl Champs. Not gonna be denied.

Good, I love this!!!

1/5/03, my brother's 20th birthday, and the big 38-14 comeback against Dan Campbell and his Giants!!! LOL
Why do so many 9r fans care about jersey colors? Who gives a damn what color your team wears. This is football not a runway show.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

When the Niners were sporting a top 5 defense….

That's true, but Mahomes' stats that year was wild too.

Mahomes having worse stats than Purdy is totally totally in the f**king realm in this game.

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Niner used to historically win the SB when wearing red too. Doesn't mean anything. Sorry.

Damn. Thought it was rock solid predictor too

They went against the established pattern and thus lost the last two times. Niners SB unis have always been wear white jerseys when playing in a dome or on turf, wear red jerseys when the Super Bowl is outdoors and on grass.

XLVII: wore red jerseys against Ravens in the New Orleans dome, on turf

LIV: wore white jerseys in a (partially) outdoors Miami stadium against Chiefs, on grass

Plot twist though is Las Vegas stadium is a dome/indoors but they roll a natural grass field in for NFL games (UNLV plays on turf).
I'm sorry, but as good as Kermit is, I just can't help feeling like this year the Chiefs are like the Wizard of Oz.

Obvious things that need to be done by the 49ers:

Defense needs to step up BIG TIME - high chance Mahomes becomes a running QB again
Kelce needs to be held under 70-80 yds
No turnovers/fumbles
Stick to run game
Pray for Moody
Expect the unexpected (incl injuries)

Confidence that the coaches will figure all this out (& more) in the next two weeks? well, Shanahan has a good record after a break. Hope/pray/speak it into existence/luck, etc.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Originally posted by Supr9er:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
White jersey teams have won 15 of the last 18 Super Bowls

XL: Steelers
XLI: Colts
XLII: Giants
XLIII: Steelers
XLIV: Saints
XLVI: Giants
XLVII: Ravens
XLVIII: Seahawks
XLIX: Patriots
50: Broncos
LI: Patriots
LIII: Patriots
LV: Buccaneers
LVI: Rams
LVII: Chiefs

(and 37 of the previous 57, or 65%)

Works for me.😁

Niners historically win the SB when wearing white in a dome...81, 89...now 23 baby!!!

Niner used to historically win the SB when wearing red too. Doesn't mean anything. Sorry.

This is the stat:

Keep this stats lowkey.
Share 49ersWebzone