There are 277 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

I wish Journey or Huey Lewis was playing the halftime show to give my Niners good luck!
I'm sorry, but as good as Kermit is, I just can't help feeling like this year the Chiefs are like the Wizard of Oz.

• thl408
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Originally posted by Silky:
The thought of the Chiefs beating us again sickens me. If we win the SB we would have checked off every NFC Team that were in the playoffs and had beef with: Eagles, Cowboys, Lions, Packers, Rams and Tampa Bay. We then would have exacted sweet revenge against the Chiefs Core from 2019 (Mahomes, Kelce, Reid, Jones, and a few others). It could simply be the most perfect season. It could also all be taken again by Mahomes. I'll also throw the Ravens in there. I know we didn't beat them, but we will have beaten them in spirit. Their fans were so cocky after they beat us and secured the MVP for Lamar. If Brock gets SB MVP, we beat them too.

How do you guys keep the bad thoughts away for the next two weeks?

Just enjoy the moments. Good thoughts, bad thoughts, nerves, anxiety. Whatever it may be, I'd rather have those feelings then being Lions or Packer fans right now. We got to the Super Bowl! You cant win it unless you get there. Enjoy it.

Yup. Enjoy it. The best thing about sports is that the good guys don't always win, and it's that suspense which makes it fun.

If you want a happy ending 100% of the time then go watch a James Bond or Marvel comics movie.
Originally posted by thl408:
The thought of the Chiefs beating us again sickens me. If we win the SB we would have checked off every NFC Team that were in the playoffs and had beef with: Eagles, Cowboys, Lions, Packers, Rams and Tampa Bay. We then would have exacted sweet revenge against the Chiefs Core from 2019 (Mahomes, Kelce, Reid, Jones, and a few others). It could simply be the most perfect season. It could also all be taken again by Mahomes. I'll also throw the Ravens in there. I know we didn't beat them, but we will have beaten them in spirit. Their fans were so cocky after they beat us and secured the MVP for Lamar. If Brock gets SB MVP, we beat them too.

Just enjoy the moments. Good thoughts, bad thoughts, nerves, anxiety. Whatever it may be, I'd rather have those feelings then being Lions or Packer fans right now. We got to the Super Bowl! You cant win it unless you get there. Enjoy it.

Yup. Enjoy it. The best thing about sports is that the good guys don't always win, and it's that suspense which makes it fun.

If you want a happy ending 100% of the time then go watch a James Bond or Marvel comics movie.

Great attitude.

I believe I've found a balance between getting frustrated/angry/sad with the Niners losing a championship game/super bowl.

If it weren't for these a*****e online fans, I wouldn't be so frustrated. LOL

James Bond dies in the last one.
Even in scripted Wrestling, the good guys don't always win.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Originally posted by Supr9er:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
White jersey teams have won 15 of the last 18 Super Bowls

XL: Steelers
XLI: Colts
XLII: Giants
XLIII: Steelers
XLIV: Saints
XLVI: Giants
XLVII: Ravens
XLVIII: Seahawks
XLIX: Patriots
50: Broncos
LI: Patriots
LIII: Patriots
LV: Buccaneers
LVI: Rams
LVII: Chiefs

(and 37 of the previous 57, or 65%)

Works for me.😁

Niners historically win the SB when wearing white in a dome...81, 89...now 23 baby!!!

Niner used to historically win the SB when wearing red too. Doesn't mean anything. Sorry.

This is the stat:

Anything that gives me hope I'll take it!!
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
With that said, I'm out. This place wants to talk about how we will lose instead of how we can win. f**k ALL THIS NEGATIVITY. See you all after we win the SB.

Quitter.

Is YAC quitting again? The most bipolar banned poster in WZ history. His real name says it all: insanemike27

Good, take the trolls with you. You can't spell troll without "OL."

We'll be OK without PFF stats.

Go 9ers. #6 is ours.

Stay positive Mike, and we'll see you again soon (well, I won't).

You should start charging him rent dude. I think it's nice you let him stay in your head for free and all with this economy but he won't learn responsibility until you make him pay you.

Hahaha no he snapped at all the negative nancys posting how we may lose and said he's gone till after the game. I was just teasing him lol
  • Cosmo

I'll take your advice and finally watch Avengers: Infinity Wars tonight. Haven't seen that one yet, but it'll be nice to see something with a happy ending.

fact check false

We've made at least the NFCCG 7 times in the last 12 years, but currently have 0 SBs to show for it. I know the good guys don't always win, but can't they just win it one time out of seven?
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Jan 30, 2024 at 1:37 PM ]
  • Ruixx
  • Veteran
Ok can someone enlighten me on this- A lot of narratives on how 'no one wants the 49ers to win the Superbowl' or 'this is a terrible Superbowl, both teams should lose.' etc. Who's Cheerios did we p-ss in? Honestly, do not get it. For casual fans or people to hate the Niners so much (obviously I get Green Bay and Cowboys fans etc. since we regularly knock them out). But we have an ultimate underdog- a truly calm quiet humble guy for a QB. While the team is confident in who they are, they don't talk a lot of trash for no reason and in fact, usually take the high road against opposing teams that do and just let their on-field work for themselves. They are entertaining, CMC is easy to watch if you just enjoy watching the game. Our coach is not a loudmouth, our owner is not an attention-whore. Kittle is probably one of the most likable guys in the NFL period. They all work hard, and the culture is openly envied by other underperforming teams. Real brotherhood, you get a sense here.

So..what the hell?
Originally posted by Ruixx:
Ok can someone enlighten me on this- A lot of narratives on how 'no one wants the 49ers to win the Superbowl' or 'this is a terrible Superbowl, both teams should lose.' etc. Who's Cheerios did we p-ss in? Honestly, do not get it. For casual fans or people to hate the Niners so much (obviously I get Green Bay and Cowboys fans etc. since we regularly knock them out). But we have an ultimate underdog- a truly calm quiet humble guy for a QB. While the team is confident in who they are, they don't talk a lot of trash for no reason and in fact, usually take the high road against opposing teams that do and just let their on-field work for themselves. They are entertaining, CMC is easy to watch if you just enjoy watching the game. Our coach is not a loudmouth, our owner is not an attention-whore. Kittle is probably one of the most likable guys in the NFL period. They all work hard, and the culture is openly envied by other underperforming teams. Real brotherhood, you get a sense here.

So..what the hell?

• East Coast bias (most Niner games are openly ignored due east coasters/media being too lazy to watch Niners' 4pm/8pm ET games)

• disdain for California in general & SF in particular from certain demographics

• envy of the Niners past success

Edit:

• assload of ex-Cowboys in the media spinning their disinformation and alternate false history (e.g. Michael Irvin "PI" in the '95 NFCCG) against the Niners
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 30, 2024 at 1:45 PM ]
  • Cosmo

So..what the hell?

There is a theory floating out there that the NFL is rigging the game for the chefs, and after the game Taylor Swift will endorse Joe Biden for president.
Originally posted by Cosmo:

So..what the hell?

There is a theory floating out there that the NFL is rigging the game for the chefs, and after the game Taylor Swift will endorse Joe Biden for president.

Enough with the crack pot conspiracy theories.
Share 49ersWebzone