There are 228 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

This article is a year old, so I imagine he would be higher, but this redo has Brock going 16th to the colts in a redo

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redrafting-2022-nfl-draft-brock-purdy-goes-in-middle-of-round-1-sauce-gardner-taken-no-1-overall/amp/
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Enough with the crack pot conspiracy theories.

This
  • Ruixx
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Ruixx:
Ok can someone enlighten me on this- A lot of narratives on how 'no one wants the 49ers to win the Superbowl' or 'this is a terrible Superbowl, both teams should lose.' etc. Who's Cheerios did we p-ss in? Honestly, do not get it. For casual fans or people to hate the Niners so much (obviously I get Green Bay and Cowboys fans etc. since we regularly knock them out). But we have an ultimate underdog- a truly calm quiet humble guy for a QB. While the team is confident in who they are, they don't talk a lot of trash for no reason and in fact, usually take the high road against opposing teams that do and just let their on-field work for themselves. They are entertaining, CMC is easy to watch if you just enjoy watching the game. Our coach is not a loudmouth, our owner is not an attention-whore. Kittle is probably one of the most likable guys in the NFL period. They all work hard, and the culture is openly envied by other underperforming teams. Real brotherhood, you get a sense here.

So..what the hell?

• East Coast bias (most Niner games are openly ignored due east coasters/media being too lazy to watch Niners' 4pm/8pm ET games)

• disdain for California in general & SF in particular from certain demographics

• envy of the Niners past success

Edit:

• assload of ex-Cowboys in the media spinning their disinformation and alternate false history (e.g. Michael Irvin "PI" in the '95 NFCCG) against the Niners

It's effing insane. There are so many veterans on this Niners squad that have worked so ridiculously hard and come so close, and here they are getting their shot led by the last pick in the draft and a coach who is fighting his past demons on the way. You think it would be a big all-American story.
Ok can someone enlighten me on this- A lot of narratives on how 'no one wants the 49ers to win the Superbowl' or 'this is a terrible Superbowl, both teams should lose.' etc. Who's Cheerios did we p-ss in? Honestly, do not get it. For casual fans or people to hate the Niners so much (obviously I get Green Bay and Cowboys fans etc. since we regularly knock them out). But we have an ultimate underdog- a truly calm quiet humble guy for a QB. While the team is confident in who they are, they don't talk a lot of trash for no reason and in fact, usually take the high road against opposing teams that do and just let their on-field work for themselves. They are entertaining, CMC is easy to watch if you just enjoy watching the game. Our coach is not a loudmouth, our owner is not an attention-whore. Kittle is probably one of the most likable guys in the NFL period. They all work hard, and the culture is openly envied by other underperforming teams. Real brotherhood, you get a sense here.

So..what the hell?

• East Coast bias (most Niner games are openly ignored due east coasters/media being too lazy to watch Niners' 4pm/8pm ET games)

• disdain for California in general & SF in particular from certain demographics

Edit:

• assload of ex-Cowboys in the media spinning their disinformation and alternate false history (e.g. Michael Irvin "PI" in the '95 NFCCG) against the Niners

• they wanna generate clicks and internet traffic/debate/TV ratings
  • Ruixx
  • Veteran

So..what the hell?

Edit:

• they wanna generate clicks and internet traffic/debate/TV ratings

I figured the clickbait but what you said about the Cowboys made me think how many sports 'pundits' truly are former Dallas players or openly Dallas fans. Jesus.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Enough with the crack pot conspiracy theories.

Remember this statement. If you think the league is not steering games you're naive. I'm not saying its rigged, steering is completely different than rigging. If they're not steering, please explain why the majority of questionable calls particularly this season are non reviewable?
I figured the clickbait but what you said about the Cowboys made me think how many sports 'pundits' truly are former Dallas players or openly Dallas fans. Jesus.

Don Meredith
Roger Staubach
Tom Landry
Jimmy Johnson
Michael Irvin
Daryl Johnston
Troy Aikman
Deion Sanders
Tony Romo

…it's like automatic every generation a Cowboy retires and had a NFL media job waiting for them, to continue the Niner-hate narrative.
Originally posted by Seattle49er:
Remember this statement. If you think the league is not steering games you're naive. I'm not saying its rigged, steering is completely different than rigging. If they're not steering, please explain why the majority of questionable calls particularly this season are non reviewable?

What a load of nonsense.
  • Cosmo

Don Meredith
Roger Staubach
Tom Landry
Jimmy Johnson
Michael Irvin
Daryl Johnston
Troy Aikman
Deion Sanders
Tony Romo

…it's like automatic every generation a Cowboy retires and had a NFL media job waiting for them, to continue the Niner-hate narrative.

Marcus Spears

bosa out here not messing around
Originally posted by tankle104:

Super Bowl 29
Jan 1995

now is Jan 2024
29 years later
Originally posted by Cosmo:

Don Meredith
Roger Staubach
Tom Landry
Jimmy Johnson
Michael Irvin
Daryl Johnston
Troy Aikman
Deion Sanders
Tony Romo

Marcus Spears

Niners tried to counter in the 80's and 90's when the likes of Randy Cross, Bill Walsh, Matt Millen, Ronnie Lott, George Seifert, Brent Jones tried their hands at the broadcast booth or pregame shows, but they never lasted long….

….only Alex Smith is holding the torch nowadays I think.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Originally posted by Supr9er:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
White jersey teams have won 15 of the last 18 Super Bowls

XL: Steelers
XLI: Colts
XLII: Giants
XLIII: Steelers
XLIV: Saints
XLVI: Giants
XLVII: Ravens
XLVIII: Seahawks
XLIX: Patriots
50: Broncos
LI: Patriots
LIII: Patriots
LV: Buccaneers
LVI: Rams
LVII: Chiefs

(and 37 of the previous 57, or 65%)

Works for me.😁

Niners historically win the SB when wearing white in a dome...81, 89...now 23 baby!!!

Niner used to historically win the SB when wearing red too. Doesn't mean anything. Sorry.

This is the stat:

Keep this stats lowkey.
OTOH some kind of weird stat if we're wearing away jerseys on natural grass, we lose the SB. Home jerseys on real grass Niners win or away on artificial turf, also win. But this trend has only happened once for each because 2 SB losses out of 7 appearances. Lost wearing home jerseys/artificial turf (NO), lost wearing away/natural grass (MIA). But the 5 wins were all the exact opposite circumstances of those jersey/field surface combos e.g. home jersey/natural. Probably more of a coincidence than a real telling stat. Time to end the streak just like Shanahan's winless record trailing by whatever going into 4th qtr was broken. I know that was a lot of minutia.
Niners tried to counter in the 80's and 90's when the likes of Randy Cross, Bill Walsh, Matt Millen, Ronnie Lott, George Seifert, Brent Jones tried their hands at the broadcast booth or pregame shows, but they never lasted long….

.only Alex Smith is holding the torch nowadays I think.

yeah for KC most likely,
Share 49ersWebzone