Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by tankle104:

Super Bowl 29
Jan 1995

now is Jan 2024
29 years later

Please 29 be a lucky omen. Any superstitious juju helps.

Brooke Shields was 29 in 1995

…she's 58 now

…we are OLD.

Damn she was hot AF, still is lol. Get Brooke in John Lynch's suite, our Taylor Swift.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Originally posted by Silky:
The thought of the Chiefs beating us again sickens me. If we win the SB we would have checked off every NFC Team that were in the playoffs and had beef with: Eagles, Cowboys, Lions, Packers, Rams and Tampa Bay. We then would have exacted sweet revenge against the Chiefs Core from 2019 (Mahomes, Kelce, Reid, Jones, and a few others). It could simply be the most perfect season. It could also all be taken again by Mahomes. I'll also throw the Ravens in there. I know we didn't beat them, but we will have beaten them in spirit. Their fans were so cocky after they beat us and secured the MVP for Lamar. If Brock gets SB MVP, we beat them too.

How do you guys keep the bad thoughts away for the next two weeks?

Just enjoy the moments. Good thoughts, bad thoughts, nerves, anxiety. Whatever it may be, I'd rather have those feelings then being Lions or Packer fans right now. We got to the Super Bowl! You cant win it unless you get there. Enjoy it.

Yup. Enjoy it. The best thing about sports is that the good guys don't always win, and it's that suspense which makes it fun.

If you want a happy ending 100% of the time then go watch a James Bond or Marvel comics movie.

We've made at least the NFCCG 7 times in the last 12 years, but currently have 0 SBs to show for it. I know the good guys don't always win, but can't they just win it one time out of seven?

It's hard to win Superbowl's. 20+ straight years making the playoffs (during the dynasty years) only 5 Superbowl's to show for it. Lost the 3-peat opportunity too.
Who is our most eligible bachelor? Who would they pair with to rival T Swift?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
I hate to keep harping on this, but the 49ers WILL win this game.
Super Bowl Champs. Not gonna be denied.

The WHOLE season has lined up perfectly. The most injured team in football over 7 straight years including the QB and a major UCL surgery suddenly is the healthiest team in football and has an MVP caliber QB. Best RB in the business. Dominate pro bowls and all pros. #1 seed. Resilient. Breaks went our way. Officials a non issue thus far. On and on and on.

THIS. IS. OUR. YEAR.

Agree, it's a great opportunity for #6 🏆 - this team particularly if they play up to their potential *can* beat *both* the Chiefs and the Referees.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Crap. Not only do we have to deal with Reid and his schemes, now Steve Spagnuolo is a darn good DC. He has some of the best QBs/RBs in the league neutralized, more so in the playoffs this year.

scared of the master of screens, andy reid, we all know we cant defend ever defend it
I am 58. I have waited half my life to see the San Fransisco 49ers win another Superbowl.

Anyone under 29 has never seen the 49ers win a Superbowl.

It has been way way too long.

I hope the players have the same hunger as the fans.

Andy Reid will run a few plays that we have never seen before. Or roll back the play book from 2017.

He is that smart.
[ Edited by RonnieLott on Jan 30, 2024 at 2:36 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Who is our most eligible bachelor? Who would they pair with to rival T Swift?

Originally posted by Davidj77:
F ELON AND F THE WHINERS !

ENJOY YOUR 3rd STRAIGHT SB L

YOU KNOW YOU REALLY HATE A TEAM WHEN U R ROOTING FOR DOUCH MAHOMES

You should hate your team for choking you whiny little 💩. f**kin sore loser.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Stealing this to post in the Stats thread.

Spag will not hesitate to run blitz if you are having good success in running the ball. That's basically what he did in 2019 and run blitzed and forced Jimmy to throw the ball.

Originally posted by ninerjok:

take notes wilks!
Chief offensive coaches/personnel have already seen this on film review. But I guess they still won't know if or when it'll happen again.

MacDonald is ultra creative, he's like a defensive Kyle or McVay. Wilks is.....uh.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
MacDonald is ultra creative, he's like a defensive Kyle or McVay. Wilks is.....uh.

Not looking forward to him becoming the Hawks coach, lol.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
I am 58. I have waited half my life to see the San Fransisco 49ers win another Superbowl.

Anyone under 29 has never seen the 49ers win a Superbowl.

It has been way way too long.

I hope the players have the same hunger as the fans.

Andy Reid will run a few plays that we have never seen before. Or roll back the play book from 2017.

He is that smart.

I've never seen them win one =/ no one really 35 or under has seen it - and sometimes 40 and younger unless you started watching football at like 5.

honestly, I want us to win as many superbowls as possible but I really just want to experience ONCE. at least once. I've been such a big fan my whole life.. I just want to make sure I experience once. I'm really hoping this is the year. I'm hoping that this is the start of a great run with kyle & brock...something special. I'll be able to die a happy man. lol
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Not looking forward to him becoming the Hawks coach, lol.

it isn't like pete wasn't a good coach. I think McDonald is a good coach but the league always catches up. You have to keep being innovative and lets see what he does when he is head coach. I'm not scared of any team that doesn't have a QB, so eff the seahawks.
  • Cosmo

take notes wilks!

Share 49ersWebzone