There are 233 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
steve later went on to say he regretted saying that, i dont see why, it was kinda funny

He regretted it? This is classic though, love it:) But I love everything about SY lol

I guess it made him sound arrogant or something. I remember an old panthers fan I knew a few years back hated Steve because of that
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Both HCs might be good, however, most likely, Shanahan is not going to outsmart Reid. Spagnuolo > Wilks, plus he has proven experience. Mahomes > Purdy.
There is that any given Sunday, but something very different/out of ordinary has to happen for the 49ers to win.

Lmao
Originally posted by Mankster:
After pausing to reflect...I feel pretty good about the 49ers in this Super Bowl.

• The 49ers are on pace for a FULL game performance whereas the Chiefs are heading the opposite direction.
  • Chiefs will play without LG Joe Thuney and DE Charles Omenihu. The 49ers are missing Hufanga and Ferrell.
    • No injuries are good, but the 49ers have had more time to acclimatize to their injuries.
  • Mahomes with Kelce, Rice, and Pacheco is potent...BUT...Purdy to BA, DS, GK, and CM is lethal.
  • The Chiefs do not have Tyreek Hill, the speedster who wrecked havoc in their prior SB match-up.
  • The Chiefs do not have Charvarius Ward. The 49ers do.
  • Kyle almost beat Andy with Jimmy G. Do you really imagine he won't finish the job with Purdy?!
  • Teams have repeatedly run on the Chiefs...and the 49ers will most certainly do the same with the NFL rushing leader.
  • Nick Bosa and Co. have a chance at revenge.

I'm pretty sure the last time KC played a Super Bowl with an injured Oline, they got ran out the building
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Jan 30, 2024 at 4:31 PM ]
Shanahan's game plan is based on predictability. Reid could dial up anything. We will see at least 3 Kansas City plays that we have never seen before.

Spagnuolo > Wilks to be honest Spagnuolo > Any defensive coach.

Mahomes > Purdy. We don't even know how Purdy will be affected by first Superbowl jitters. It took Kaepernick till the lights went out to get his stuff together in his one and only Superbowl.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
steve later went on to say he regretted saying that, i dont see why, it was kinda funny

He regretted it? This is classic though, love it:) But I love everything about SY lol

I guess it made him sound arrogant or something. I remember an old panthers fan I knew a few years back hated Steve because of that

Odd that a fan of another team wouldn't like it.

Its more to do with him finally escaping the shadow of Joe Montana.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Both HCs might be good, however, most likely, Shanahan is not going to outsmart Reid. Spagnuolo > Wilks, plus he has proven experience. Mahomes > Purdy.
There is that any given Sunday, but something very different/out of ordinary has to happen for the 49ers to win.

Lmao

Some of you are acting like this will be Heat vs Nuggets in last years finals . The 49ers are loaded with talent, they had their flaws but so does/did everybody else, including KC.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Kyle is going against Spags. Spags is good but Kyle gets the nod there. Plus we have the most talented and versatile skill group in the NFL and a QB that can succeed out of structure.

Reid is going up against Wilks which is a massive mismatch in theory but we also have talented players at every level of the defense and the Chiefs are talent depleted. There's only so much Mahomes, Kelce, and a solid run game can do.

We'll see how it plays out. I think we match up better on paper than 2019.

Also, comparing QBs - Purdy played bad in both recent playoff games, then played extraordinary. Mahomes, on the other hand, always plays good, then plays great as the game goes on and the stakes become higher. Don't know, I think most fans will have a heart vs head conflict all the way to the SB.
Also, comparing QBs - Purdy played bad in both recent playoff games, then played extraordinary. Mahomes, on the other hand, always plays good, then plays great as the game goes on and the stakes become higher. Don't know, I think most fans will have a heart vs head conflict all the way to the SB.

It's a game that could go either way. If you have unrealistic expectations, you set yourself up for undue letdown.

Mahomes was phenomenal last game and it resulted in 17 points. Yes the Ravens defense is the best in the game, but we are capable of limiting that offense. It will be the worse overall offense we've faced in the playoffs just featuring the game's best player. Their offense has been a shell of what it's been in previous years.
Originally posted by tankle104:
last time the niners were in las vegas

Brocks first come from behind win! that was an awesome performance.

I always felt like our defense sucked cause they were out hella partying for new years eve.

My biggest concern is the younger guys out partying too much leading up to the superbowl. Sherm said the young guys partied too much in Miami before the 2019 superbowl =/ there will be endless partying after you win it..

i forgot this game went into OT. lol

Yep!!! I was at this game! It was so cool, I had a damn good seat. Just paid it off recently..um that is how much I splurged on the cc haha. It was so worth it though. It was a close game throughout and yeah, we got that fg in OT.
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 30, 2024 at 4:32 PM ]
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Odd that a fan of another team wouldn't like it.

Its more to do with him finally escaping the shadow of Joe Montana.

The reason Steve regretted the comment was essentially because it took away from what the moment was actually about, or represented. It was shallow in that sense.

Yep!!! I was at this game! It was so cool, I had a damn good seat. Just paid it off recently..um that is how much I splurged on the cc haha. It was so worth it though.

hahaah had to see Brock Montana in person huh.

are you going to head over to UNLV and see if you can watch practice or meet anyone? idk if they're allowing fans/media in at all.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

Weird, na man Steve isn't arrogant..it was cute. I was like hell yeah Steve! The weight was off his shoulders. I would tell that Panthers fan..CMC sure looks good in a 9ers jersey.

lol outside of brock - that 2022 draft is shaping up to be pretty disappointing. but if he turns out to be who we think he is - eff it. lmao
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 30, 2024 at 4:45 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
hahaah had to see Brock Montana in person huh.

are you going to head over to UNLV and see if you can watch practice or meet anyone? idk if they're allowing fans/media in at all.

I doubt that they would let public in during practice. I know the facility where the Chiefs are practicing in Henderson is closed off to the public. I would guess the same is true for UNLV.
Share 49ersWebzone