There are 227 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by 49ersking:
Both HCs might be good, however, most likely, Shanahan is not going to outsmart Reid. Spagnuolo > Wilks, plus he has proven experience. Mahomes > Purdy.
There is that any given Sunday, but something very different/out of ordinary has to happen for the 49ers to win.

i've read your previous match-up comparison posts over the past few days. if your opinion was anywhere close to reality, KC would be the favored team and by a lot more than 2 points.
[ Edited by boast on Jan 30, 2024 at 4:48 PM ]

I believe Chase!! he's obviously immensely talented. I honestly think his issue is his conditioning, he was in WAS, he wasn't thinking about playing in the post season. lol I may be in the minority but I'd love to resign him for a cheaper/reasonable deal and see how he looks after an off season working with Bosa/Koucerk (whatever the eff his name is). Bosa talked about how it's hard to just jump into this system without an off season.

These two weeks off will be huge for him getting rested and a lot of prep.

LFG! We are the better team!! I can feel it - this is our year. it'll be a magical ending, baby!

THINGS ARE REAL WEIRD IN SAN FRAN, HUH JIMMY! MUAHAHAH
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
steve later went on to say he regretted saying that, i dont see why, it was kinda funny

He regretted it? This is classic though, love it:) But I love everything about SY lol

I guess it made him sound arrogant or something. I remember an old panthers fan I knew a few years back hated Steve because of that

Weird, na man Steve isn't arrogant..it was cute. I was like hell yeah Steve! The weight was off his shoulders. I would tell that Panthers fan..CMC sure looks good in a 9ers jersey.

lol I lost contact with him a long time ago. He was following the Panthers since their inaugural season. Either way he was a good dude, even if his sports opinions sucked.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
You guys are grasping at straws…
I was very confident that the 49ers were going to blow the doors out of KC in 2019.

im not even going to say a word this time around
Originally posted by tankle104:

LFG! We are the better team!! I can feel it - this is our year. it'll be a magical ending, baby!

Special Teams

SF - #25
KC - #6

It would be really cool if Javon Kinlaw had the game of his life in the Superbowl and played up to his ability like 95 on KC.
hahaah had to see Brock Montana in person huh.

are you going to head over to UNLV and see if you can watch practice or meet anyone? idk if they're allowing fans/media in at all.

I doubt that they would let public in during practice. I know the facility where the Chiefs are practicing in Henderson is closed off to the public. I would guess the same is true for UNLV.

It's Vegas, hope the fence baby!

my buddy lives in henderson. I might go out there for the super bowl. I told my coworker she should sell the tickets she offered, they're worth way too much and when she said she wasn't going to - i mentioned that maybe her brother should go (he's suicidal right now and Uber depressed because he walked in his dad committing suicide, different dads). It's a long story but I felt like they could go to better use. She should either sell them or try to help her brother out.

i might just go out there for the festivities though

our defensive rating is the biggest crock of s**t lol

Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Originally posted by Silky:
The thought of the Chiefs beating us again sickens me. If we win the SB we would have checked off every NFC Team that were in the playoffs and had beef with: Eagles, Cowboys, Lions, Packers, Rams and Tampa Bay. We then would have exacted sweet revenge against the Chiefs Core from 2019 (Mahomes, Kelce, Reid, Jones, and a few others). It could simply be the most perfect season. It could also all be taken again by Mahomes. I'll also throw the Ravens in there. I know we didn't beat them, but we will have beaten them in spirit. Their fans were so cocky after they beat us and secured the MVP for Lamar. If Brock gets SB MVP, we beat them too.

How do you guys keep the bad thoughts away for the next two weeks?

Just enjoy the moments. Good thoughts, bad thoughts, nerves, anxiety. Whatever it may be, I'd rather have those feelings then being Lions or Packer fans right now. We got to the Super Bowl! You cant win it unless you get there. Enjoy it.

Yup. Enjoy it. The best thing about sports is that the good guys don't always win, and it's that suspense which makes it fun.

If you want a happy ending 100% of the time then go watch a James Bond or Marvel comics movie.

James Bond dies in the last one.

Am I watching the Sean Connery Bonds who slapped and pushed around women? Or the Daniel Craig ones? I need to know what kind of attitude I need for this game
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
I was very confident that the 49ers were going to blow the doors out of KC in 2019.

im not even going to say a word this time around

I wasn't super confident the first time around. I thought we had a good chance cause of our defense. I like our chances this time around from an overall term perspective and I know what we have in our qb.

i just hope Brock doesn't come out super nervous like he has a few times in big games (usually for a quarter or so). I also hope we don't need a game winning field goal. Lol
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

It's grasping at straws at this point. A lot of "we're due" and "we got this" etc etc. no real facts to back up that talk. We're gonna get reamed against the chiefs…

Eh I don't think so. We've had a few bad games this year but as a whole - it's still a very good defense. Our major issue has been stopping the run at times and getting off the field on third down - which are obviously some of the worst things to struggle with.

i feel like it's more of the fact that we are undisciplined and inconsistent with it. There have been times this year where we were great at it, just not consistently.

at this point, exhaustion is no excuse. I hope we play great on D. I trust that Brock and the boys will put up points and have better awareness than jimmy did.
Originally posted by DrEll:
It's grasping at straws at this point. A lot of "we're due" and "we got this" etc etc. no real facts to back up that talk. We're gonna get reamed against the chiefs…

No one wants to hear your negative b******t. Either keep it to yourself or share some reasons why we may be able to win.

if we win, you don't get to celebrate. You can go be sad with the chiefs fans - cause that's obviously who you're rooting for.
Share 49ersWebzone