There are 227 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by tankle104:
No one wants to hear your negative b******t. Either keep it to yourself or share some reasons why we may be able to win.

if we win, you don't get to celebrate. You can go be sad with the chiefs fans - cause that's obviously who you're rooting for.

idk what he wrote thanks to muting him awhile ago, but i can guess lol
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Both HCs might be good, however, most likely, Shanahan is not going to outsmart Reid. Spagnuolo > Wilks, plus he has proven experience. Mahomes > Purdy.
There is that any given Sunday, but something very different/out of ordinary has to happen for the 49ers to win.

There's two Superbowls that come to mind that I see kind of happening again. They're both good for the Niners. I'm hoping that thrashing the Seahawks put on the Broncos occurs again. No one really saw that coming. Many people picked Peyton and the Broncos to win. Seahawks defense dominated and flipped the script on the Broncos. Again the outcome of that game made no sense to alot of people except some who actually knew how good that Seahawks D was.

The next one is the Eagles win over the Patriots with a backup Nick Foles. No matter how many times the Pats countered, the eagles responded with another TD. I can see that type of game from us. I believe the final score was something like 43-35
[ Edited by Silky on Jan 30, 2024 at 5:11 PM ]
Originally posted by boast:

LFG! We are the better team!! I can feel it - this is our year. it'll be a magical ending, baby!

THINGS ARE REAL WEIRD IN SAN FRAN, HUH JIMMY! MUAHAHAH

Special Teams

SF - #25
KC - #6

I'm seriously concerned about special teams. lol have been all post season. I really hope we don't give them a chance to return a kick and just boot it through the endzone every time.
It's Vegas, hope the fence baby!

my buddy lives in henderson. I might go out there for the super bowl. I told my coworker she should sell the tickets she offered, they're worth way too much and when she said she wasn't going to - i mentioned that maybe her brother should go (he's suicidal right now and Uber depressed because he walked in his dad committing suicide, different dads). It's a long story but I felt like they could go to better use. She should either sell them or try to help her brother out.

i might just go out there for the festivities though

Lolol hop the fence. You should come down! There are TONS of watch parties/festivities and tailgating is gunna be lit. And it sounds like you got free accommodations with your friend! The Vegas Faithful are super nice people too. That's sad about your co-workers friend..sounds like he could go for an SB ticket for sure. But if they aren't used..snap up that offer lolol. YOLO
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
No one wants to hear your negative b******t. Either keep it to yourself or share some reasons why we may be able to win.

if we win, you don't get to celebrate. You can go be sad with the chiefs fans - cause that's obviously who you're rooting for.

I just did the same thing. 15 or so years on here and he is the first person i've done that too. just sounds like an awful human being to spend time around.

sure we may lose, Pat & Andy are an all time great duo in their prime, but it isn't like we aren't a very good team either. eff off with the negativity, you know?
Originally posted by Montana:
It's Vegas, hope the fence baby!

my buddy lives in henderson. I might go out there for the super bowl. I told my coworker she should sell the tickets she offered, they're worth way too much and when she said she wasn't going to - i mentioned that maybe her brother should go (he's suicidal right now and Uber depressed because he walked in his dad committing suicide, different dads). It's a long story but I felt like they could go to better use. She should either sell them or try to help her brother out.

i might just go out there for the festivities though

Lolol hop the fence. You should come down! There are TONS of watch parties/festivities and tailgating is gunna be lit. And it sounds like you got free accommodations with your friend! The Vegas Faithful are super nice people too. That's sad about your co-workers friend..sounds like he could go for an SB ticket for sure. But if they aren't used..snap up that offer lolol. YOLO

lol I make a lot of spelling errors when i post from my phone. yeah I do! my buddy has already said I can crash in one of his spare rooms. I told him he should rent his 3 extra bedrooms out! make big money this weekend.

yeah, I'm sort of hoping he decides to not go at the last minute and i can. lmao but I just felt guilty.
Originally posted by DrEll:
It's grasping at straws at this point. A lot of "we're due" and "we got this" etc etc. no real facts to back up that talk. We're gonna get reamed against the chiefs…

It's grasping at straws at this point. A lot of "we're due" and "we got this" etc etc. no real facts to back up that talk. We're gonna get reamed against the chiefs…

You're not exactly offering any detailed analysis yourself are you?
Originally posted by boast:
Both HCs might be good, however, most likely, Shanahan is not going to outsmart Reid. Spagnuolo > Wilks, plus he has proven experience. Mahomes > Purdy.
There is that any given Sunday, but something very different/out of ordinary has to happen for the 49ers to win.

i've read your previous match-up comparison posts over the past few days. if your opinion was anywhere close to reality, KC would be the favored team and by a lot more than 2 points.

You know how Vegas works. The end game is to make $$$, so I would consider the line as one of the factors, not the only one. Forget all the stats and the comparisons - if we had no stake in this game, the key coaches/players/schemes/experience are in KC's favor. It's all on paper, but that's all we have for now.
Let's see what happens when the actual game is played. Hoping for the best.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I just did the same thing. 15 or so years on here and he is the first person i've done that too. just sounds like an awful human being to spend time around.

sure we may lose, Pat & Andy are an all time great duo in their prime, but it isn't like we aren't a very good team either. eff off with the negativity, you know?

theres a handful of people on here that will only complain 24/7, it gets old quick, would rather not read their bs

We have the better team easy. It's up to coaching and execution

Just mute him. No need to give attention to someone who is obviously desperate for it. He's been rooting against the Niners the moment the regular season ended
You know how Vegas works. The end game is to make $$$, so I would consider the line as one of the factors, not the only one. Forget all the stats and the comparisons - if we had no stake in this game, the key coaches/players/schemes/experience are in KC's favor. It's all on paper, but that's all we have for now.
Let's see what happens when the actual game is played. Hoping for the best.

The problem (well one of them) is you are doing a position by position comparison (including coaches) and not actually doing a matchup comparison. Purdy isn't going to be on the field the same time as Mahomes as the easiest example.
You guys are grasping at straws…

Based on what? Your fragile emotions? Some people just aren't cut out for this.
Let's stop being so extreme. This is isn't going to be an easy matchup. It's the chiefs, I don't care how much better we look on paper, we will have to earn this one. That said I believe we can win.
[ Edited by Young2Owens on Jan 30, 2024 at 5:22 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone