There are 203 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
The 49ers can win this.

will take a much better D effort. Can't keep getting behind.

Brock to play a clean game and not let the bright lights get to him.

But this biggest factor is can KS call a great game and not go into a shell abandoning the run, running goofball plays and for the love of God can he run CMC behind Trent? Not sure why that has stopped.
Kind of unusual that this team seemed to have 2 'find your mettle' games in the playoffs. Usually you have those during the season that carry you through into the playoffs --the turning point game. Maybe the Eagles game.
Originally posted by boast:
yeah pulled a typical Harbaugh and completely abandoned their dominant run game for their MVP-hopeful QB pass game.

let's hope Kyle doesnt do the same.

well i dont want kyle running cmc into a wall every time just for the hell of it, if we gotta pass to set up the run then that's what we'll do, it has worked all season
Originally posted by Crown:
The 49ers can win this.

But this biggest factor is can KS call a great game and not go into a shell abandoning the run, running goofball plays and for the love of God can he run CMC behind Trent? Not sure why that has stopped.

Haven't seen Reid calling offense, special teams trick plays in a while. Might want to watch out in the SB.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Hahah I know you weren't. I just noticed it too, cracks me up. I may come out, If I do I'll hit up up and we can burn down a few chiefs parties.

i bet the niner showoit in Vegas is gonna be insane. I wonder what the fan ratio will be in the game.

Faithful>Swifties guaranteed lol there will be TONS of 9er fans..not sure about KC..I am guessing 65% SF to 45% KC fans idk. The Raiders game was like 65-70% percent red lol. It was like a home game with ppl chanting Purdy lol. Faithful will come out in DROVES. Vegas is flooding with Faithful it is ON lol
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The 49ers can win this.

Haven't seen Reid calling offense, special teams trick plays in a while. Might want to watch out in the SB.

Good point.

I sure hope KS has been hiding a secret SB playsheet all year.

I thought the play calling in the last month has gotten a little vanilla.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
yeah pulled a typical Harbaugh and completely abandoned their dominant run game for their MVP-hopeful QB pass game.

well i dont want kyle running cmc into a wall every time just for the hell of it, if we gotta pass to set up the run then that's what we'll do, it has worked all season

BAL ran the ball only 3 times on early downs the entire game.

*let's hope Kyle doesn't do the same.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

Better not.

I thought he didnt run enough in the first half of the GB game.
Better not.

I thought he didnt run enough in the first half of the GB game.

Just didn't have the ball enough on offense period. I went through the plays and to me there was legitimately only one spot I thought they could have ran the ball and didn't. It was a 1st and 15 on the first drive after Banks false start. We went incomplete, short/med pass gain, incomplete to end that series. We scored a TD on drive two and surrendered into the blocked field goal on a time crunched 3rd drive. Our defense just f**ked us even though they managed to hold the packers to FGs
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Jan 30, 2024 at 6:26 PM ]

ya that would be bad, id be shocked if kyle did something that monumentaly stupid. he loves to give cmc touches

CMC, Mitchell Mason repeat, repeat, repeat!!

Mix in Deebo with some end arounds 😎

this

our offense is at its best when we pas to set up the run
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

LFG! We are the better team!! I can feel it - this is our year. it'll be a magical ending, baby!

THINGS ARE REAL WEIRD IN SAN FRAN, HUH JIMMY! MUAHAHAH

our defensive rating is the biggest crock of s**t lol

The Kyle ball hogging offense inflates a lot of our defensive run numbers. So its hard to pin down exactly where this whole 49ers defense really is at from a statistic point of view.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrEll:

LFG! We are the better team!! I can feel it - this is our year. it'll be a magical ending, baby!

THINGS ARE REAL WEIRD IN SAN FRAN, HUH JIMMY! MUAHAHAH

our defensive rating is the biggest crock of s**t lol

It's grasping at straws at this point. A lot of "we're due" and "we got this" etc etc. no real facts to back up that talk. We're gonna get reamed against the chiefs…

Were not a *bad* Defense, but that top ranked run defensive stat number is indeed as DonnieDarko said - a crock of .
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The 49ers can win this.

Good point.

I sure hope KS has been hiding a secret SB playsheet all year.

I thought the play calling in the last month has gotten a little vanilla.

He kept running CMC up the middle against the Lions when it looked like CMC could have more room towards the edge.
Share 49ersWebzone