There are 245 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I have conducted some research and the referees that will be leading the Vinovich will be umpire Terry Killens, replay official Mike Chase, down judge Patrick Holt, line judge Mark Perlman, field judge Tom Hill, side judge Allen Baynes, and back judge Brad Freeman.

I believe Bill Vinovich still harbors hatred for the 49ers from the time he handed them a penalty and acted unfairly and dishonestly throughout the game. In 2019–2020, Bill Vinovich attended the 49ers vs. Chiefs game. I've discovered the reason behind Bill Vinovich's 49ers penalty: Klye Shanahan! I think I made sure he yelled at Bill Vinovich and complained. Following the events that resulted in our penalty and game loss! If Bill Vinovich punishes us unfairly, I fear that I won't be able to trust him. Regarding Bill Vinovich, we ought to inform Roger Goodell. For us, he ought to take down the Super Bowl titles!

Kyle Shanahan should keep his mouth shut. I told him not to yell at the officials and complain because they will penalize us and dislike us. Football rules, if he's clever. It is his responsibility to ensure that he abides by all football regulations. If he was unable to comprehend what had happened, he asked the referee questions. He'll grasp the concept of gain and continue to ponder how to win the game without assistance.

Funny - the criticism has always been that KS doesn't work the refs enough.

Did you witness his outburst at the refs after we were given a penalty and lost the game? Next time, he needs to learn a lesson. I frequently watched NFL games and the playoffs. I have a lot of years of experience.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Giedi:
The Kyle ball hogging offense inflates a lot of our defensive run numbers. So its hard to pin down exactly where this whole 49ers defense really is at from a statistic point of view.

they just felt off all season

maybe they figured out their run defense issues in the 2nd half of last game

I have felt that too. Just off. Bosa had a quiet year
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by boast:
yeah pulled a typical Harbaugh and completely abandoned their dominant run game for their MVP-hopeful QB pass game.

let's hope Kyle doesnt do the same.

well i dont want kyle running cmc into a wall every time just for the hell of it, if we gotta pass to set up the run then that's what we'll do, it has worked all season

this

our offense is at its best when we pas to set up the run

i was f'n losing my mind every time we ran cmc for no gain vs detroit

new to Kyle Shanahan's offense? he will purposely call run plays that will end up for minimal to no gain repeatedly just to set something up for later in the game.
What do you guys think about playing 8 men in the box to stop Pacheco because right now we can't stop the running game with light boxes.

This season Mahomes is completing only 27.9% os his deep throws and the Chiefs don't have a vertical threat since Cheetah left. In fact he is averaging a career low of 6.5 yards in average depth of target with 4.1 air yards per completion.

This season they don't have a vertical passing game but they have a good running game and if we start giving 7-yrd cushions on passing downs Mahomes will make an easy completion to Kelce in the middle of the field.
I think 8 in the box to stop Pacheco and on passing downs double team Kelce and Rice and let someone else beat us.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
What do you guys think about playing 8 men in the box to stop Pacheco because right now we can't stop the running game with light boxes.

This season Mahomes is completing only 27.9% os his deep throws and the Chiefs don't have a vertical threat since Cheetah left. In fact he is averaging a career low of 6.5 yards in average depth of target with 4.1 air yards per completion.

This season they don't have a vertical passing game but they have a good running game and if we start giving 7-yrd cushions on passing downs Mahomes will make an easy completion to Kelce in the middle of the field.

Idk man putting 8 in the box with the Michael Jordan bulls is borderline insane. He can pick us apart with his passing. Our secondary is sus and leaving them exposed like that is risky. Have Warner spy the rb and crash down if he runs. But our million dollar dl better step up and blow up the chiefs ol
I have conducted some research and the referees that will be leading the Vinovich will be umpire Terry Killens, replay official Mike Chase, down judge Patrick Holt, line judge Mark Perlman, field judge Tom Hill, side judge Allen Baynes, and back judge Brad Freeman.

I believe Bill Vinovich still harbors hatred for the 49ers from the time he handed them a penalty and acted unfairly and dishonestly throughout the game. In 2019–2020, Bill Vinovich attended the 49ers vs. Chiefs game. I've discovered the reason behind Bill Vinovich's 49ers penalty: Klye Shanahan! I think I made sure he yelled at Bill Vinovich and complained. Following the events that resulted in our penalty and game loss! If Bill Vinovich punishes us unfairly, I fear that I won't be able to trust him. Regarding Bill Vinovich, we ought to inform Roger Goodell. For us, he ought to take down the Super Bowl titles!

Kyle Shanahan should keep his mouth shut. I told him not to yell at the officials and complain because they will penalize us and dislike us. Football rules, if he's clever. It is his responsibility to ensure that he abides by all football regulations. If he was unable to comprehend what had happened, he asked the referee questions. He'll grasp the concept of gain and continue to ponder how to win the game without assistance.

Did you witness his outburst at the refs after we were given a penalty and lost the game? Next time, he needs to learn a lesson. I frequently watched NFL games and the playoffs. I have a lot of years of experience.

We found Elon's first neuralink patient, everyone! 😱
Originally posted by ritz126:
yeah pulled a typical Harbaugh and completely abandoned their dominant run game for their MVP-hopeful QB pass game.

let's hope Kyle doesnt do the same.

well i dont want kyle running cmc into a wall every time just for the hell of it, if we gotta pass to set up the run then that's what we'll do, it has worked all season

this

our offense is at its best when we pas to set up the run

i was f'n losing my mind every time we ran cmc for no gain vs detroit

new to Kyle Shanahan's offense? he will purposely call run plays that will end up for minimal to no gain repeatedly just to set something up for later in the game.
He has 15-20 plays to start the game to see what adjustments are made on defense and goes from there. He has talked about it several times. Walsh was famous for it and so was his dad. Walsh used to use boxing analogy to describe his reasons for it. Punch counter punch.
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Idk man putting 8 in the box with the Michael Jordan bulls is borderline insane. He can pick us apart with his passing. Our secondary is sus and leaving them exposed like that is risky. Have Warner spy the rb and crash down if he runs. But our million dollar dl better step up and blow up the chiefs ol

This is more like the 2014-15 Cavs in terms of offensive support around the megastar.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Did you see the tantrum that both Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce threw with the Baltimore field goal kicker Justin Paul Tucker and the kicking tee.

Both should have been suspended for those childish antics.
[ Edited by RonnieLott on Jan 30, 2024 at 7:54 PM ]

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by GLT49ers:

This is more like the 2014-15 Cavs in terms of offensive support around the megastar.

Make someone other than Pacheco, Kelce or Rice beat us.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Did you see the tantrum that both Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce threw with the Baltimore field goal kicker Justin Paul Tucker and the kicking tee.

I think Mahomes' crybaby whiny antics after the Bills regular season game (Toney's offside call that negated their late TD from Kelce to Toney) will bite the Chiefs in the ass for the Super Bowl….the refs will have their revenge.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:

lol. that was on Tucker. that was KCs designated pre-game warm-up area.
lol. that was on Tucker. that was KCs designated pre-game warm-up area.

Definitely.
Share 49ersWebzone