There are 204 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Crown:
I anticipate that Gay will play and he's good, he's fast. But anytbing wrong with the neck is a big deal - I just can't see him sitting for two weeks and not playing though.

i don't think Thuney will play. I saw reports he's already expected to miss the game and I don't think he would be much help playing with a torn pec - imagine trying to block armstead/Hargrave/Kinlaw with a torn pec… it would probably benefit us for them to do that. Lol

HaHa right.

Dont torn pecs usually end a players season?

I'm sure it depends on the severity but at this time of the season, yeah.

"Torn pectoral muscles typically take three to four months to recover from, though players who are able to rehab the injury in lieu of surgery can return sooner."

I am going to go with your guess that he doesnt play.

this is from 1/28
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
If Joe Thuney isn't playing we gotta make the most of it and bull rush Nick Allegrett all day.

Come On Javon Hargrave, this is what we have paid you for!!!

This is why we got you to the 49ers

For this one game.

DOMINATE

At this point, I'm hoping Armstead is in game shape. Usually coming back after a long layoff - they're really sore after the first two games, so having this week off to recover should help Armstead.

im hoping bosa/Armstead/hargrave have a huge game. It's really the only way to stop mahomes - pressure him. Even then it's awesome but it's the best way to create a turnover.
One thing that has me pretty stoked is that we came back to win in the NFC championship game while the Chiefs held in by the skin of their teeth. To be fair, there was good fortune for both teams to come away with the win, but when we're talking about momentum and playing best heading into the SB, I like that we are coming off a huge comeback and think it's a bit of added swagger.
If Joe Thuney isn't playing we gotta make the most of it and bull rush Nick Allegretti all day.

Come On Javon Hargrave, this is what we have paid you for!!!

This is why we got you to the 49ers

For this one game.

DOMINATE

At this point, I'm hoping Armstead is in game shape. Usually coming back after a long layoff - they're really sore after the first two games, so having this week off to recover should help Armstead.

im hoping bosa/Armstead/hargrave have a huge game. It's really the only way to stop mahomes - pressure him. Even then it's awesome but it's the best way to create a turnover.

Yes, Bull Rush one after another at Nick Allegretti

He is going to be the weak link in the Kansas City Offensive line.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Holy goosebumps wow
I think we can get pressure - I'm actually more concerned about stopping screens/outside runs. I'm terrified they're going to gobble us up on those. Idk what's going on but before this year - we were excellent at covering those.

we may need to take out Thomas and have Logan play his role. Leave demo/Mooney out there. They're way better at stopping those.

Yeah not trusting Thomas rn lol
I went back and rewatched the game last year. I forgot how easily the 49ers moved the ball vs the Chiefs defense. The DL struggled to get to Mahomes, and he absolutely carved them up with Kelce, MVS and JuJu Smith Schuster.

But worst of all is what Andy Reid did to the wide 9. It should be a crime. Dear God, help us in 2 weeks.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 30, 2024 at 9:10 PM ]
Please learn how to slide, Purdy!!
I went back and rewatched the game last year. I forgot how easily the 49ers moved the ball vs the Chiefs defense. The DL struggled to get to Mahomes, and he absolutely carved them up with Kelce, MVS and JuJu Smith Schuster.

But worst of all is what Andy Reid did to the wide 9. It should be a crime. Dear God, help us in 2 weeks.
things started to fall apart after that INT..
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
LMAO

Go 49ers!
Another "is this a team of destiny" moment I didn't even think about. On Purdy's interception his hand colliding with that of a defender's on the follow-through could've very well resulted in a, dare I say, season ending injury? But nothing happened. Maybe I'm delusional but IDGAF.
I wonder if hargrave has any insight into playing the chiefs O and their o line since he played them last year in the super bowl
Travis Kelce is the greatest tight end ever. He is better than Gronk for sure.

I hope when they both retire, he and Taylor Swift get married and live on a ranch somewhere.

Where Travis can work the land in the snow and Taylor can cook him good vitals to eat every day at sundown.
Taylor Swift cooking, ha ha that's funny
I wonder if hargrave has any insight into playing the chiefs O and their o line since he played them last year in the super bowl

I bet Graves is so happy not to be on the sorry ass Eagles team anymore lol
Share 49ersWebzone