There are 168 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

[video]Originally posted by ninerj
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Travis Kelce is the greatest tight end ever. He is better than Gronk for sure.

I hope when they both retire, he and Taylor Swift get married and live on a ranch somewhere.

Where Travis can work the land in the snow and Taylor can cook him good vitals to eat every day at sundown.
Taylor Swift cooking, ha ha that's funny

Taylor Swift is an all time foodie and loves to entertain for her man and his kin.

With the Kelce boys, you need to provide a truck load of beef to satisfy them.

But it is her sweet pie that they love the most.
[ Edited by RonnieLott on Jan 30, 2024 at 9:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I wonder if hargrave has any insight into playing the chiefs O and their o line since he played them last year in the super bowl

I bet Graves is so happy not to be on the sorry ass Eagles team anymore lol

He better step up his game. This d line needs to play with every ounce they have this game. 60 minutes left to become immortal. Need this D to play the way we know they can. Need them disciplined. Need them technically sound. Idk why they've regressed in that regard, especially with the time off.

im really stressed about the players partying too much. I think it's cool that the game is in Vegas but I also think it's going to cause players to do more dumb s**t than usual cause of the ridiculous amount of temptations. A lot of these guys are young and dumb with a plethora of gold diggers there for them… bad recipe. I'm curious how many athletes will have new baby mamas after this. Lol

Hopefully Jed pays for a bus load of strippers to go to the chiefs hotel and party all night.
Can't wait to see how the convos change anoit mahommes after we beat them. Right now it's all about him being the GOAT but then people will say "well he's 2-2 in the super bowl".

he's great but they need to chill on the goat talks. He needs at least 4 to pass montana and at least 5+ even get close to Brady convo.
Who do we use to stop Chris Jones?
Can't wait to see how the convos change anoit mahommes after we beat them. Right now it's all about him being the GOAT but then people will say "well he's 2-2 in the super bowl".

he's great but they need to chill on the goat talks. He needs at least 4 to pass montana and at least 5+ even get close to Brady convo.

Just depends on what you're actually talking about. Best career, or best player at peak. To me Mahomes is already in conversation for latter, regardless of a win or loss in this game. Good luck catching Brady in terms of career accomplishments
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Just depends on what you're actually talking about. Best career, or best player at peak. To me Mahomes is already in conversation for latter, regardless of a win or loss in this game. Good luck catching Brady in terms of career accomplishments

Pound for pound, which qb of all time would you want for one game - he's def in the convo. No doubt.

when I think of all time great - a lot more variables are involved, one being longevity. How long where you able to be great? Sustain greatness. I don't want to say it's easy to be a stud for a 5 year stretch, cause it's impressive, but let's see how he's doing year 10, 11,12,13 etc

there are other things but essentially I'm saying he hasn't played long enough to be in the talk for "greatest ever". He's well on his way though. He's a great player and has a hell of a resume already.

he will be 2-2 in the super bowl, shortly. We will put a dent in his accomplishments 😈
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
I went back and rewatched the game last year. I forgot how easily the 49ers moved the ball vs the Chiefs defense. The DL struggled to get to Mahomes, and he absolutely carved them up with Kelce, MVS and JuJu Smith Schuster.

But worst of all is what Andy Reid did to the wide 9. It should be a crime. Dear God, help us in 2 weeks.

Yeah, it's a hard game to rewatch. As you said, Wilks has to figure out how to stop those screens and jet sweeps. All I can think of is go back to a basic 4-3 and zone blitz. Have one of the DLinemen drop into coverage and replace the dropping DLIneman with a blitzing linebacker. Or something like that.
This could actually be the last super bowl Mahommes makes for a while, unless they make some big changes. Kelce is getting older and Chris jones is a free agent. Andy Reid may retire, and if not this year, soon.

chargers are going to turn around quick, baltimore isn't going anywhere, bills will be a problem still, Rodgers will be back with the jets (they have a really good defense), Joe burrow will be back next year. Dolphins are solid. Texans are set up to get better.

That's a lot to overcome. Obviously Mahommes and Reid are great and can overcome it but their team isn't looking in great shape for it.

in the NFL, it's rare to see a team dominate consistently past 4-5 years - it happens but not often. This could be the last mahommes super bowl we see for a few years at least.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 30, 2024 at 10:20 PM ]
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well the Chiefs did beat the 49ers once in the Super Bowl. Basically the 9ers have the same team just a different QB. Even as a 49ers fan I can't blame them for thinking that.

Eh, only 8 players on the team from 2019 remains on the team - for both rosters, 8 apiece. Vastly different team.

Mooney ward was their starting corner last time we played them. Lol we didn't have Aiyuk, CMC, Trent, Brock, really our entire o line.

We had rookie bosa!

And now we have overrated, overpaid, veteran Bosa, JK,
Bosa had two sacks last game and the highest defensive player rating

So that was pretty good

Bosa had two sacks last game and the highest defensive player rating

So that was pretty good

I really hope he's dramatic about being held. He never helps sell it, needs to throw his arms up. He just tries to play through it and it's NEVER ,called.

the tackle he will be going against has the most holding penalties in the NFL, 20. The o lineman with the second most heads in the nfl was 13…

there were quite a few holding calls on the chiefs o line. So hopefully these guys actually call it. The ref is awful from the previous games he's had that I've seen.
I really hope he's dramatic about being held. He never helps sell it, needs to throw his arms up. He just tries to play through it and it's NEVER ,called.

the tackle he will be going against has the most holding penalties in the NFL, 20. The o lineman with the second most heads in the nfl was 13…

there were quite a few holding calls on the chiefs o line. So hopefully these guys actually call it. The ref is awful from the previous games he's had that I've seen.

The refs truly don't give a s**t. Bosa, Parsons, watt, etc. They barely ever get calls and this is the way the NFL likes it
He better step up his game. This d line needs to play with every ounce they have this game. 60 minutes left to become immortal. Need this D to play the way we know they can. Need them disciplined. Need them technically sound. Idk why they've regressed in that regard, especially with the time off.

im really stressed about the players partying too much. I think it's cool that the game is in Vegas but I also think it's going to cause players to do more dumb s**t than usual cause of the ridiculous amount of temptations. A lot of these guys are young and dumb with a plethora of gold diggers there for them… bad recipe. I'm curious how many athletes will have new baby mamas after this. Lol

Hopefully Jed pays for a bus load of strippers to go to the chiefs hotel and party all night.

Not really worried about the dudes partying too much, some may party, but I think they will wait till after the game to really party if they win. Last time they were here, well, for the New Years game I think, they didn't even stay on the strip, they stayed like 20 mins off the strip. I think a good chunk of the dudes are in srs relationships/married etc. They aren't gonna Jimmy G everywhere lol
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 30, 2024 at 10:56 PM ]

Baby jesus.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Baby jesus.
Daddy Brunskill, oh wait…
Share 49ersWebzone