There are 166 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I really hope he's dramatic about being held. He never helps sell it, needs to throw his arms up. He just tries to play through it and it's NEVER ,called.

the tackle he will be going against has the most holding penalties in the NFL, 20. The o lineman with the second most heads in the nfl was 13…

there were quite a few holding calls on the chiefs o line. So hopefully these guys actually call it. The ref is awful from the previous games he's had that I've seen.

The refs truly don't give a s**t. Bosa, Parsons, watt, etc. They barely ever get calls and this is the way the NFL likes it

Nick Bosa is illegally held on every play

If the Refs did their jobs properly, there would be a flag called all the time
[ Edited by RonnieLott on Jan 30, 2024 at 11:58 PM ]

So this was our last matchup. We were able to move the ball pretty effectively with Jimmy and this was when CMC was still getting acquainted. We just had some classic Jimmy things happen like throwing a boneheaded INT in the Redzone and giving up a safety.

What is super concerning is that our D had absolutely no answers for Mahomes and their offense. And our defense was MUCH better last year than now. Demecos scheme was getting abused all day. I have my doubts that the wide 9 is capable of defending Reid's offense. If we are to win, expect it to be a shootout.

I hate to be negative but this matchup is one that I wasn't wanting in the SB, although I feared Baltimore more. I just don't know how the Niners get it done, but I'll keep the faith regardless.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

So this was our last matchup. We were able to move the ball pretty effectively with Jimmy and this was when CMC was still getting acquainted. We just had some classic Jimmy things happen like throwing a boneheaded INT in the Redzone and giving up a safety.

What is super concerning is that our D had absolutely no answers for Mahomes and their offense. And our defense was MUCH better last year than now. Demecos scheme was getting abused all day. I have my doubts that the wide 9 is capable of defending Reid's offense. If we are to win, expect it to be a shootout.

I hate to be negative but this matchup is one that I wasn't wanting in the SB, although I feared Baltimore more. I just don't know how the Niners get it done, but I'll keep the faith regardless.

I think alot of people are not remember than we had a lot of guys coming back from injury that game including Bosa, which didn't practice all week IIFC.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Posted already yesterday….plus this:

Lol so dumb
There is no fanbase that needs to be more humbled than the Chiefs. I have never seen a more arrogant fanbase. Even worse than Pats fans during the Tom Brady era. Atleast their fans still showed respect to other top teams in the league. Chiefs fans think their team is way beyond everybody else and they are all like peewee teams in comparison to their Chiefs. Getting blown out by the Bucs in the SB didn't humble them enough because their team was able to win the SB again 2 years later. We finished 12-5 got the #1 seed, Going to our 2nd SB in 5 years, Have made it atleast to the NFC championship in 3 straight years, Have like 9 Pro Bowlers. And the way they talk about us on their board you would think we were the Panthers.
We'll either be tied with Pittsburgh at 6-2 or Dallas at 5-3
1 more game to win to finally finish our Quest for 6! Time to revenge our SB loss, we already avenged our thanksgiving game from the seahawks. Time to finish as Super Bowl Champions!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Lol so dumb

a win is a win.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Posted already yesterday….plus this:

I didn't want to go through all the pages I missed throughout the day lol, but I'm into all kinds of conspiracy theories as long as we win. You could even add that 2020 loss was against Brady and in 2023 Purdy is the 2nd coming of Brady.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Jan 31, 2024 at 2:38 AM ]
We'd better f**kin' beat these c**ts this time.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Who do we use to stop Chris Jones?

Baby jesus.

Maybe implement the Aaron Donald technique? Just run everything away from him. I never allowing him to involve himself in a play. Everything was deliberate and intentional. It made Donald so frustrated.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
There is no fanbase that needs to be more humbled than the Chiefs. I have never seen a more arrogant fanbase. Even worse than Pats fans during the Tom Brady era. Atleast their fans still showed respect to other top teams in the league. Chiefs fans think their team is way beyond everybody else and they are all like peewee teams in comparison to their Chiefs. Getting blown out by the Bucs in the SB didn't humble them enough because their team was able to win the SB again 2 years later. We finished 12-5 got the #1 seed, Going to our 2nd SB in 5 years, Have made it atleast to the NFC championship in 3 straight years, Have like 9 Pro Bowlers. And the way they talk about us on their board you would think we were the Panthers.

Right now the Chiefs have every reason to be cocky and arrogant especially against us. They've owned us over the past 5 years. Not that we're 0-2 against them including a SB loss, but they've owned us mentally as well.

I still remember the quote from Frank Clark after they beat us in that regular season matchup. "2 years later and we're still stepping on their necks." Something along those lines.

This will be such a huge mental challenge especially for Kyle. This is his Achilles heel. I swear if we make it past the Chiefs this year, we may be in real contention to repeat next year. There's no one that Kyle would be afraid of and that mental strain will be gone.
49ers 31
Chiefs 20

Taylor's version
Share 49ersWebzone