LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 188 users in the forums

At what moment you thought it was over?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
24-7 at half time with a defense that was getting gashed all through the first 2Q by the Lions rush attack. It wasn't looking good.
I was ready to turn it off at halftime but I decided to wait and see what happened on the 49ers first drive and the Lions 1st possession. If the Lions ahd marched down the field and scored another TD I probably would have turned it off.
Halftime I turned the channel and followed on my phone until the the fumble
  • thl408
At no point did I think it was over. Getting the ball to start the second half meant having a chance to get it to a two score game early in the 3rd quarter. While they didn't get a touchdown on that second half opening drive, they did get a field goal and showed they can move the ball. I knew that if the 49ers sold out to stop the run, that they would do better. And forcing Goff to win it is a very viable defensive strategy.
Down 24-7 going into second half, i never thought it was over, but i wasn't sure about a comeback win either... and now we are here
Lions first TD I was like
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

lol
that's when I knew we would be in a dog fight
I never thought it was over, but I did think how bad the walk from the stadium to the car would be if we lost. I happened to watch the 2012 season's NFCCG when 49ers came back from a 17pt deficit and won on Sat, so I had some confidence this team can come back.
Originally posted by father49er:
I never thought it was over, but I did think how bad the walk from the stadium to the car would be if we lost. I happened to watch the 2012 season's NFCCG when 49ers came back from a 17pt deficit and won on Sat, so I had some confidence this team can come back.

Any juicy stories of Lions fans talking trash at the game when they were up?
JUST BEING HONEST.. I was more worried about the Green Bay game than the Lions 1st Half performance !!

Then I got worried when we got up by 10 !!! The Lions started to drive like we were on PREVENT !!

GO NINERSSSSS !!!!

Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
Originally posted by father49er:

Any juicy stories of Lions fans talking trash at the game when they were up?

Not much trash talking, just Lions fans screaming and hi-fiving each other. I hate that stupid Jared Goff chant. Lions fans are good people.
I figured if we didnt start off hot it would be a bad sign. I didnt have confidence in Wilks being able to adjust after halftime. I was an hour behind and caught up to the live feed at halftime thankfully. Also, I didnt see that Purdy's int was tipped at the line. Though had questionable throws here and there I thought that int was 100% him and was going to rattle him for the rest of the game. Obviously it was a tough break and he responded like a beast.
It was pretty grim after they went up 21-7 and the offense went 3 and out (I believe). I expected our defense to struggle a little in the game, but not as badly as they were. The offensive struggles didn't make any sense since the Lions aren't a great defense nor do they have a great rush outside of Hutchison. I was relieved that we were only down 17 going into the half. I wasn't going to give up, but if we didn't come out in our first drive of the second half with some life it was basically going to be over. It didn't really feel like things were turning around until we stopped them on 4th down.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

Thats my wife! 😆…more like it's over we can't stop the run!!!
When the ball bounced off the DBs face and Aiyuk caught it.

i knew it was over for the Lions.

You can't beat fate, and it was clear at that moment we were destined to win.

Sorry for all our fair weathered fans that want a blow out every game. This is the playoffs ! Weird and great things happen, and we are the recipients. We make our own luck. Big wins from behind are what makes legends. Time for this team to be legendary.
Share 49ersWebzone