LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 210 users in the forums

At what moment you thought it was over?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by mitpdub:
When the ball bounced off the DBs face and Aiyuk caught it.

i knew it was over for the Lions.

You can't beat fate, and it was clear at that moment we were destined to win.

Sorry for all our fair weathered fans that want a blow out every game. This is the playoffs ! Weird and great things happen, and we are the recipients. We make our own luck. Big wins from behind are what makes legends. Time for this team to be legendary.

I'm not a baseball fan but I know there was one season where the SF Giants were squeaking out wins by the slimmest of margins, in the most excruciating stressful way possible - torture. And that became the rallying cry, "Torture". They won the World Series that year.
Halftime.

I was watching in my living room. And I said screw this I'm going to the bedroom to finish watching. If they continue to get beat down maybe I'll fall asleep

as soon as I Did that. The comeback started.

I'm not going to say that changing TVs changed our luck

but there are a lot of things I don't understand in this world
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Halftime.

I was watching in my living room. And I said screw this I'm going to the bedroom to finish watching. If they continue to get beat down maybe I'll fall asleep

I think this game birthed a lot of superstitions! I was wearing a new niners jersey i got as a gift. Took it off at halftime and didn't put it back on when we started our comeback. I'll never wear that jersey again!
never a doubt,
I was mad about the way we were playing, but I didn't give up or stop watching. Maybe the Green Bay game last week helped. I'm also old enough that I saw the Bills comeback against the Oilers live. So for me, the moment I said it was over was the fumble recovery. Lions players just standing there looking stunned, while our defense was just pumping it up more. I knew the momentum had completely shifted and we weren't going to stop.

I still want Wilts gone, though.
The first drive after Williams scored
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Halftime.

Sam,e I was down at halftime....went with the lady to get some Ice cream before the start of the 3rd Q. It wasn't until they finally starting using Deebo in back-back-back plays did they finally start to look like the 49ers I knew.
Originally posted by Antix:
When we had to settle for 3 after halftime. I didn't think the D was gonna get enough stops.

Same. I felt like, if we can score after halftime and get some defensive stops, there was still plenty of time.
When we only got three, I was a little unsure whether it'd be enough, whether we could do this...But then Aiyuk caught that tipped ball and we cut it down to one possession.

Then the Lions fumbled, we tied it, the Lions punted... At that point, it was very clear that the momentum has shifted, and I felt like... "Okay, this is about who has the poise to finish the game between coach decisions and player execution."

People will second-guess the Lions decisions, but we made the plays in the end, and they didn't.
I'm in Spain so I am 9 hours ahead of Pacific time; game started at 12:30am Monday morning. At the half I was as deflated as everyone else, not going to lie. I came so close to turning it off and going to bed.

But, I didn't.
Never.

I wasn't sure we were going to come back, but it's not over until it's over.

I just hung in there.

half time, started getting sauced
Originally posted by TyCore:
Never.

I wasn't sure we were going to come back, but it's not over until it's over.

I just hung in there.

When Gibbs scored from 15 yards out in the second with 6:00 left before half
I knew a comeback was possible (knowing if we score, make a stop on defense, and score again it can be a one possession game), but I thought it was very improbable at half time the way the defense played.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Losing 24-7 at halftime I think all of us were thinking in the off-season moves but I want to know what was the play/moment that made us think that the game was out of reach.

For me it was when they got the 1st down on 3rd & 12 with a freaking run because our defense was lifeless and Wilks had no answers for Ben Johnson. At that moment I really thought it was over.

What about you guys?

At the beginning of the game we looked unprepared and sloppy. By halftime I was convinced it was over
Share 49ersWebzone