LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 114 users in the forums

Media Night SUCKED!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think NFL Network put out a terrible product tonight. Too contrived...too produced.. too set up. Too much Chiefs oriented. Why have THEM on first? Why not have both teams come on at the same time? Why am I seeing more of the blond lady in the strapless dress in the studio more than MY TEAM??? She thinks she's at the Oscar's!. The young man was ok, but does he have to ask EVERY PLAYER a question? We have to see that? Bring back the old style. Much more off the cuff. More spontaneity. Much more entertaining. Let these guys BE THEMSELVES! Not ROBOTS! AND PLEASE WEAR THE UNIFORMS NOT JUMPSUITS!. That's my 2 cents.
I only saw clips of it. You just have to hope you get out of media day without anyone saying anything controversial ala Chris Culliver.
Originally posted by NinerJeff:
I think NFL Network put out a terrible product tonight. Too contrived...too produced.. too set up. Too much Chiefs oriented. Why have THEM on first? Why not have both teams come on at the same time? Why am I seeing more of the blond lady in the strapless dress in the studio more than MY TEAM??? She thinks she's at the Oscar's!. The young man was ok, but does he have to ask EVERY PLAYER a question? We have to see that? Bring back the old style. Much more off the cuff. More spontaneity. Much more entertaining. Let these guys BE THEMSELVES! Not ROBOTS! AND PLEASE WEAR THE UNIFORMS NOT JUMPSUITS!. That's my 2 cents.

Didn't know anyone actually watched this.
Originally posted by SFrush:
I only saw clips of it. You just have to hope you get out of media day without anyone saying anything controversial ala Chris Culliver.

Well that was stupid by Culliver but I'm old school. I miss the " what time is it?" from Duane Thomas..." Hey cut it loose Sandy Baby' from John Riggins. The antics by the '85 Beats during Super Bowl week and who can forget the all night bender by John Tooz Matuszsak in New Orleans before Super Bowl XV. THIS is all set up now...all rehearsed. It's BS in my opinion.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:

Lmao good ol CC
Lol but Chiefs got boo-d so hard, ain't no media bias with that crowd lol and people chanting Purdy was great.

Yeah, I don't understand why Chiefs came on first then had a joint session. Why not both come on? But honestly, who cares, just camera interview junk. I don't really see the point in it though..why not just save media for after the game? Felt almost like a WWE rally but in a drill type form haha.

But yeah I mean, I would rather have that energy going into preparing for the game, seems like energy that can just be used for more important things. But it had to have felt good for Brock to hear so much support from the crowd. Standing next to Mahomes and most of the crowd be behind Purdy. That was pretty cool.

Have no doubt Faithful will show up big for this game, I really do think this positive support does have an effect on the players some. It's gotta feel good when the crowd goes so much in the Niners direction. Lol almost too much so haha but screw it, we love them, we love Purdy, we are so ready and so are they. We are so damn proud of this team. It was cool to see the support of the Faithful for sure.
The mini me was annoying. Made it five minutes.
Originally posted by Montana:
Lol but Chiefs got boo-d so hard, ain't no media bias with that crowd lol and people chanting Purdy was great.

Yeah, I don't understand why Chiefs came on first then had a joint session. Why not both come on? But honestly, who cares, just camera interview junk. I don't really see the point in it though..why not just save media for after the game? Felt almost like a WWE rally but in a drill type form haha.

But yeah I mean, I would rather have that energy going into preparing for the game, seems like energy that can just be used for more important things. But it had to have felt good for Brock to hear so much support from the crowd. Standing next to Mahomes and most of the crowd be behind Purdy. That was pretty cool.

Have no doubt Faithful will show up big for this game, I really do think this positive support does have an effect on the players some. It's gotta feel good when the crowd goes so much in the Niners direction. Lol almost too much so haha but screw it, we love them, we love Purdy, we are so ready and so are they. We are so damn proud of this team. It was cool to see the support of the Faithful for sure.

Agreed, I always believed that the media bias in favor of KC the last time and this time gave them a psychological edge, but this time with the crowd being behind us, that helps to boost our morale and even the playing field.
[ Edited by Young2Owens on Feb 6, 2024 at 8:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Same people that watched the pro bowl BS that they held over the weekend. It proves why the NFL is king. They can put anything out there with their name attached and people will watch or attend.
"Home team" always gets the first interviews. It was like that in 2013 and the previous super bowl in Miami
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Feb 6, 2024 at 8:52 AM ]

Lol I watched a lot of it. Jeff is getting worked up over nothing. The lady in the studio looked f'ing hot, she's really stepped her game up.
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:

Lol I watched a lot of it. Jeff is getting worked up over nothing. The lady in the studio looked f'ing hot, she's really stepped her game up.

I couldn't care less whether the studio lady or sideline lady is hot. I would prefer someone that's smart, understands football and asks good questions. I think the league has a garden where they grow blonde women to be sideline reporters.
  • thl408
When they were doing combo interviews, it would have been better had they interviewed the players at opposite positions. They had CMC and Pacheco, Kelce and Kittle, Brock and Mahomes. It should have been Brock and Chris Jones, Mahomes and Bosa, etc. Then they stare down each other like a boxing match weigh-in event.
"... Too contrived...too produced.. too set up. ..."
That doesn't sound like the NFL at all.
Originally posted by Montana:

Media Day...now " Media Night" sure has changed. Not for the better in my opinion. Bring back the jerseys. Those jumpsuits gotta go.
Share 49ersWebzone