LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 189 users in the forums

Some NFL owners don't like the 49ers playing 4-D Chess.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We created the rules and now the 49ers are kicking our A**** with it. Story
My only regret is that we don't have more minority coaches this off-season to send through the pipeline to better jobs.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
We created the rules and now the 49ers are kicking our A**** with it. Story

Kyle always looking for a competitive advantage.
Bunch of bullsh** if they're complaining. Our staff and front office executive talent is gutted more ferociously than any other team EVERY YEAR.

If other teams don't have a great, diverse set of quality guys in their organization that other people want because their team sucks, that's their own effing fault.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 7, 2024 at 10:22 AM ]
They can shut the f**k up. We spent our "advantage" on a TE who can't get on the field. A kicker who makes us all hold our breath. And a good Safety which I think was our actual 3rd round pick. And usually we use that comp 3rd on a RB that won't make it past his 2nd year with the team.
Not surprising at all. it's the nfl
Stop raiding our coaching staff

problem solved
Not a good look for other owners for that to show up in the article.
[ Edited by captveg on Feb 7, 2024 at 10:45 AM ]
Let me guess, Jerry Jones is leading the charge.
If they're mad at the 49ers about this, the implication is that the 49ers are hiring minority coaches and FO personnel and then getting those guys promoted to positions on other teams just to get compensatory 3rd round draft picks. Which is absurd.

I made a reddit thread about this on /nfl. Will be interesting to see the response.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1ala8vi/we_know_shanahan_can_hire_well_and_diverse_in/
[ Edited by captveg on Feb 7, 2024 at 10:48 AM ]
The issue is black guys being promoted in general. It's only one team that is the outlier. Other owners are telling Jed to fall in line.
Originally posted by lamontb:
The issue is black guys being promoted in general. It's only one team that is the outlier. Other owners are telling Jed to fall in line.

Right. And Jed is basically telling them to go pound sand - we hire the best people period. And since they're taking them away from us, maybe they should get better at promoting them internally before that, too.
I swear the NFL just hates us. Is it because we are from Cali and not owned by that POS Kroenke?
We get raided for coaches and players every year. They gut our team because we are good. Not our fault.
Share 49ersWebzone