LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 130 users in the forums

Thinking Positive: How we keep our Super Bowl Window Open Long-term

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We need a plug-and-play start at OG period. McKivitz should be relegated to swing OT if they really hate Moore that much (TBH I think he'd better than McKivitz and should have started over him, based on what we saw of him at LT in spot duty).

The Dolphins are $51M over the cap next season. Robert Hunt is UFA. 28 years old, 6'6", 335. He is used to our system. #5 ranked OG per PFF. Equally good in both run and pass blocking. Spotrac estimates his market value at 4 years, $45M.

Bang!
Sign him up!
But we don't traditionally spend on the O-Line unless its Trent.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
The answer is too simple but also not that easy to do

HIT ON DRAFT PICKS

Thats it. If you keep on missing draft picks, you won't be able to sustain the "window". This is a salary cap league. You need these young guys who make peanuts and are good.

Purdy was such a pick that extended the window, because we aren't in the SB if Trey or Jimmy are our qbs.

Have to hit on draft picks and not be afraid to develop/start them if needed.

İ couldt agree more
it starts there for the long term because of our cap situation and holes we have to fill in that roster
BUT
it wont do the job short term eg for the OL where we need a serious upgrade NOW
But with what money ?
AND we have to sign Aiyuk who is our best weapon besides McCaffrey.
There is a lot to do for us to keep being in contention for a SB spot.
Right now i dont believe we'll go next year because we dont have the depth (one offseason wont do it) and we miss on the healthier year in memories.
We're already one man down for (part of) next year with Greenlaw
Arrogance
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

That's just throwing shade. the window was always closed in that GIF.
Upgrade the Oline, we can just waste kittle on blocking all game long to hide the fact that Williams is the only good lineman we have. That will cure damn near all of our problems. Go mostly Oline in draft and FA, get a fast WR (do we still even have gray? Is he trash?) and get a stud corner. Do all of this before Brock needs a contract and we can get a ring. Apparently we have to have all pros at every level and probowlers coming out of our ass to win a Super Bowl…
I don't know if it is open still.

I'm assuming shanny will ignore o-line in the draft and just rely on kittle as a blocker.

JJ keeps getting talked about like he's gone and he's the only receiver who did anything noteworthy in the sb.

I can see us running McCaffrey into the ground with very little subbing.

Deebo will likely wear himself down again from his play style.

And that's just offense.Defense has MAJOR question marks too.

Nobody is getting younger and we have the choir boy for only one more cheap year.

I could probably go on but it's late.
We had 2 players play their A game in the SB. Juice and Jennings. Jennings is probably gone. Juice is back right? But all that is secondary if the one common denominator is still in the exact same spot with nothing changed from the past 7 years. If Kyle doesn't change anything in his coaching style, how can anyone expect something different from him? Why would you expect a different result?
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
We had 2 players play their A game in the SB. Juice and Jennings. Jennings is probably gone. Juice is back right? But all that is secondary if the one common denominator is still in the exact same spot with nothing changed from the past 7 years. If Kyle doesn't change anything in his coaching style, how can anyone expect something different from him? Why would you expect a different result?

JJ is a restricted free agent. I think he'll be back. Would love for us to sign him to a 3 year deal though…
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

JJ is a restricted free agent. I think he'll be back. Would love for us to sign him to a 3 year deal though…

I love JJ, I hope he is back. He is a dawg and damn good receiver too
  • titan
  • Veteran
who ever didn't block Chris Jones on the last offensive play gotta go and replace him with a legit G.

Bring JJ and Conley back.

Just keep drafting starters and you are always in it to lose to Mahomes
Originally posted by titan:
who ever didn't block Chris Jones on the last offensive play gotta go and replace him with a legit G.

I hesitated on even posting this in a "thinking positive" thread, but I'll do it anyway to answer your question and because two of the three guys who mucked it up should be on our "explore replacements for them" list.

[ Edited by bzborow1 on Feb 13, 2024 at 7:48 AM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bzborow1:

I hesitated on even posting this in a "thinking positive" thread, but I'll do it anyway to answer your question and because two of the three guys who mucked it up should be on our "explore replacements for them" list.

Aiyuk put such a great move on the left side his defenders on the ground sliding!!! No doubt Purdy hits him for a TD if JJ wasn't open🤦🏽‍♂️
The 49ers window remains open as long as Brock Purdy continues to elevate his play. What the Super Bowl showed is that Brock Purdy CAN handle the pressure and perform admirably at the sports highest level. The looming financial cap hits for some of our players may dictate that the 49ers pull off another trade a la Buckner to try and keep the window open. If I'm being honest, I think Deebo is more of a gadget guy than anything else. He's great once he gets the ball but the problem is he has trouble getting open. Maybe he goes? I think the 49ers really need to find another Aziz Al-Shier, a guy who can be that 3rd LB and play off the ball because Oren Birks was consistently torched.

Since we're thinking positive, food for thought.

Originally posted by bzborow1:

Even though the blocking got screwed up Purdy should have hit that pass, dude was open by 5 yards.

Mahomes wouldn't have missed that.
[ Edited by HONEYBADGER on Feb 13, 2024 at 8:19 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone