There are 268 users in the forums

49ers DC Nick Sorensen

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It was reported that Sorensen and Kyle were the guys game planning the defense for the SB (not Wilks).

Have a link?
I swear.

I thought this was a forum for 49er fans not 49er haters.

the truth is we don't know how it will play out

plus we did get experience with the hirong
of Staley.
Staley helping with gameplanning but not bring the playcaller is the absolute perfect role for him. He's reportedly smart and very creative so Sorenson will have some good input.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
17 days just to hire someone right under our noses. Jim Tomsula all over again.

Holy **** what a clown franchise. We needed that Super Bowl win badly. The Chiefs single-handedly turned us into a permanent laughing stock.

Agree
Just my opinion but this kind of seems like Shanahan didn't want to hire Staley and completely change the system, so he promoted Nick Sorensen since he knows the system but also brought in Staley because he has the experience and will get to slowly know the defense. Kind of co-defensive coordinators. Not sure you can have those titles in the NFL so Sorenson is the DC and Staley is the assistant HC/ Defense.

Holy **** what a clown franchise. We needed that Super Bowl win badly. The Chiefs single-handedly turned us into a permanent laughing stock.

This has to be sarcasm
Coached the LoB and under carroll and mixing in some Fangio with Staley on board, not a bad combo on paper….I hope it works out.
Originally posted by illinois9er:

This has to be sarcasm

I guess they think going to Super Bowls are Funny.

naw. We just clowning.
Not sure how I feel about this. I didn't want Staley at all, but since he's not the actual dc and more of an assistant (we shall see?) it's not as horrific sounding. Sorensen sounds OK imo. I just wish he did it last year.

This move could work while helping develop Sorensen and Staley reboots his own brain and career.

If this doesn't work, they must blow up the defensive side of the ball and bring in someone fresh with their ideas to run that side.

I would have liked an outside guy like Vrabel but that meant his own staff etc. Kyle isn't ready to do that on a likely one year rental. Understandable and let's hope it works out.
It was reported that Sorensen and Kyle were the guys game planning the defense for the SB (not Wilks).

I heard it was Kyle and another coach, I just didn't know it was Sorensen.

Originally posted by illinois9er:

This has to be sarcasm

It's his opinion as he's rightfully allowed to have.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Staley helping with gameplanning but not bring the playcaller is the absolute perfect role for him. He's reportedly smart and very creative so Sorenson will have some good input.

This so what I'm thinking. They actually surprised me. So now it's let's see lol
I'd like to see a link to the claim that Shanahan and Sorenson game planned the Defense prior to the Super Bowl.

It would change my perspective on the hire.
Originally posted by Wrathman:

I heard it was Kyle and another coach, I just didn't know it was Sorensen.

Have a link?
Share 49ersWebzone