LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 134 users in the forums

49ers DC Nick Sorensen

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
I'd like to see a link to the claim that Shanahan and Sorenson game planned the Defense prior to the Super Bowl.

It would change my perspective on the hire.

It wasn't good enough regardless they lost again. Disappointed how is Shanahan going to get over the hump with this hire? Andy Reid needed a strong superbowl winning DC in Spags. This is going backwards IMO
Sorensen and Staley ...interesting.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
17 days just to hire someone right under our noses. Jim Tomsula all over again.

Holy **** what a clown franchise. We needed that Super Bowl win badly. The Chiefs single-handedly turned us into a permanent laughing stock.

What are you talking about? I have no problem with them taking time to check out other options. Nothing like the Tomsula situation at all.

You think it is a clown franchise? Go somewhere else then. But that Super Bowl loss was as close as they come and in no way at all turned us into a laughing stock. A 55-3 result is what turns you into a laughing stock.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Sorensen and Staley ...interesting.

I'm very intrigued personally
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
I'd like to see a link to the claim that Shanahan and Sorenson game planned the Defense prior to the Super Bowl.

It wasn't good enough regardless they lost again. Disappointed how is Shanahan going to get over the hump with this hire? Andy Reid needed a strong superbowl winning DC in Spags. This is going backwards IMO

Lol
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
How long till Ell shows up crying?

Hahaha

She'll be livid
Originally posted by LundyLove:
I swear.

I thought this was a forum for 49er fans not 49er haters.

the truth is we don't know how it will play out

plus we did get experience with the hirong
of Staley.

There's 49ers fans

AND

There's forty whiner fans

Awesome

The f**k are you talking about? It was definitely good enough if the damn oline blocked and didn't miss assignments giving Brock enough time. Add the fact Greenlaw went out and they had to put that slug Burks out there. The d played well enough that it shouldn't have gotten to that point in OT
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Mar 2, 2024 at 6:51 AM ]
Whoever had the alt account RonnieLott I just wanted to let you know after 2 weeks of not posting you have finally dropped to second on average posts a day. This hire would be a good time to reclaim your top spot. I believe in you

Originally posted by genus49:
Not the move I would've made, would've gone with Merritt but I have no issue here. I hope they see something big with Sorensen since he was moved up very quickly since getting here just a couple of years ago. Bringing in Staley to assist without giving him the job is very smart too. People hate on him but he's a smart guy, just a bad HC.

Always said I would let results to speak for themselves but my initial thought was this was a solid move even if I would've preferred bringing in Merritt.

Merritt talked himself out of the job
Exactly. The Niners want to keep Aiyuk not piss him off more by hiring a guy who doesn't even know his name.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Staley helping with gameplanning but not bring the playcaller is the absolute perfect role for him. He's reportedly smart and very creative so Sorenson will have some good input.

THIS is what's going on here. Seems like a smart move to get him as assistant. It will help for his future a lot and Sorenson as well.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Not sure how I feel about this. I didn't want Staley at all, but since he's not the actual dc and more of an assistant (we shall see?) it's not as horrific sounding. Sorensen sounds OK imo. I just wish he did it last year.

This move could work while helping develop Sorensen and Staley reboots his own brain and career.

If this doesn't work, they must blow up the defensive side of the ball and bring in someone fresh with their ideas to run that side.

I would have liked an outside guy like Vrabel but that meant his own staff etc. Kyle isn't ready to do that on a likely one year rental. Understandable and let's hope it works out.
If it doesn't work I think there's a pretty good chance Saleh is back in the saddle at this time next year.
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
How long till Ell shows up crying?

Hahaha

She'll be livid
All this time I didn't know Ell was a she. LOL 😆
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

The f**k are you talking about? It was definitely good enough if the damn oline blocked and didn't miss assignments giving Brock enough time. Add the fact Greenlaw went out and they had to put that slug Burks out there. The d played well enough that it shouldn't have gotten to that point in OT

Absolutely all of this. Who holds Mahomes to 3 points for most of a game?! They were gifted his first TD from the ST blunder as well.
Share 49ersWebzone