There are 245 users in the forums

Niners sign DT Jordan Elliott

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Yay a DT.
Better than Javon

Kinlaw ?
Solid run defender. Good depth. I wanted a move like this. Get a solid dt so we aren't desperate to reach for 1 if needed. OT feels like our obvious pick in the 1st now unless aiyuk is traded for a 1st during the draft.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Omg yes!!!!!!!!!

nah jk. Hope he does well for us.
wonder if this is the deal they were working on for Kinlaw.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers and DT Jordan Elliott agreed to a two-year, $10 million contract.

Elliott spent the last two seasons starting on the Browns' defensive line. Starting in 31 of 34 possible games over that span, Elliott has totaled 57 tackles and 4.5 sacks over the last two years while also notching eight TFLs. While the counting numbers aren't bad, Elliott has consistently graded on the lower end of PFF's defensive line grades for his career and has been credited with missing 11 percent of his tackle attempts. Despite playing in all 17 games last season, Elliott played on just 440 snaps — the fewest since his rookie season. With Arik Armstead expected to be released, Elliott could be tasked with replacing at least part of what Armstead has offered the 49ers over his nine-year career.
Sounds like he's Kinlaw minus the injuries. Inconsistent but shows flashes. I don't think he will be the answer at 1T, still need a better upgrade there.

• titan
  • Veteran
From the Browns. At least he knows what a good defense looks like. He should transition well to our team.
Originally posted by Jcool:

I hope this isn't the plan. Run defense will suck again. They need to add a real nose.

I like the addition of Elliott as a depth piece.

• thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Jcool:

I hope this isn't the plan. Run defense will suck again. They need to add a real nose.

I like the addition of Elliott as a depth piece.

I'm assuming he was a 2i in CLE's (Schwartz's) wide9 scheme.
I don't get this move honestly. We need a specific kind of player which Elliot does not fill.
Jordan Elliott even more defensive line. Typical Lynch. He thinks defensive line is all there is. Not impressed so far.

At least he got playing time on a really good defensive line. Feel solid about this pickup. Not jumping up and down but I am ok with it.
AA's replacement.
Share 49ersWebzone