There are 252 users in the forums

Niners sign DT Jordan Elliott

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
I don't understand these low tier players that get a good chunk of cash.

Example: Elliot 5mil/yr, Odom 5 mil, Gross-Matos 9 mil.
19 mil there where you could actually get a stud

Now that we see what an elite player like Danielle Hunter got(2 yr 49mil), these below tier signings that chew up a decent amount come into view, especially with the years matching up so well in this scenario.

What would you rather have:

Option A:
Elliot - 5mil
Odum - 5mil
Gross-Matos - 9mil
Floyd - 10mil

or

Option B.
Hunter 24.5mil
+an extra $4.5mil to put somewhere else
  • pd24
  • Veteran
This guy is lazy and dumb by reading the article on the front page. Lol

Why not Jonathan Hankins? He is a big body that is good on run downs.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I don't understand these low tier players that get a good chunk of cash.

Example: Elliot 5mil/yr, Odom 5 mil, Gross-Matos 9 mil.
19 mil there where you could actually get a stud

Now that we see what an elite player like Danielle Hunter got(2 yr 49mil), these below tier signings that chew up a decent amount come into view, especially with the years matching up so well in this scenario.

Option A:
Elliot - 5mil
Odum - 5mil
Gross-Matos - 9mil
Floyd - 10mil

or

Option B.
Hunter 24.5mil

Hunter and get some fat guys with the minimum and another big DE for the 4.5 million

Option A:
Elliot - 5mil
Odum - 5mil
Gross-Matos - 9mil
Floyd - 10mil

or

Option B.
Hunter 24.5mil

Dude that's not how it works lol. Again look at the GTD $$ NOT the make believe cap space fluff.

you'd think people would get it after we go over it every single free agency
Originally posted by pd24:
Hunter and get some fat guys with the minimum and another big DE for the 4.5 million

Hunter for $48 of his $51M GTD. Show me how much GTD cash all those guys got combined. That's what matters….stop looking at what if numbers and dividing them by the years. That's not how it works
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Hunter for $48 of his $51M GTD. Show me how much GTD cash all those guys got combined. That's what matters….stop looking at what if numbers and dividing them by the years. That's not how it works

I know. Lol. But out of the options and numbers he gave.

I am ok with who we got, but Hunter would be great
More expensive Givens replacement.
Awesome for rotation. Bring back SJD and Sheldon Day. Draft run stuffers in 3rd and 6th rounds. Let the "Raccoon On Meth" work his magic.
I know. Lol. But out of the options and numbers he gave.

I am ok with who we got, but Hunter would be great

He was never realistic though. That's my point. He's also 30 and dealt with a serious neck injury.

FA is fun, but it's meant for s**tty teams to overspend because they don't have any talent on their team to invest in
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
More expensive Givens replacement.

How is he more expensive? We don't even know what the deal really is? Cap goes up $30M that means contracts go up for everyone. Inflation my man. That's what those draft picks are so important

Option A:
Elliot - 5mil
Odum - 5mil
Gross-Matos - 9mil
Floyd - 10mil

or

Option B.
Hunter 24.5mil

And Hunter goes down in camp with an injury. Then what?
Originally posted by Dorsey25:
And Hunter goes down in camp with an injury. Then what?

You complain about not having an all pro backup.

2ez
This guy is lazy and dumb by reading the article on the front page. Lol

Why not Jonathan Hankins? He is a big body that is good on run downs.

LOL for real

He grew up some, seems to be heading in the right direction. He admits his faults and improved on the mental stuff. Koc will take him to next level
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dude that's not how it works lol. Again look at the GTD $$ NOT the make believe cap space fluff.

you'd think people would get it after we go over it every single free agency

You'd have a better point if we weren't comparing 2 year deals. These are all 2 year deals where the structure isn't going to vary all that much.
You'd have a better point if we weren't comparing 2 year deals. These are all 2 year deals where the structure isn't going to vary all that much.

Huh? Not only does the structure vary, but the teams' cap situations and future planning is different.
Share 49ersWebzone