There are 262 users in the forums

Niners sign DT Jordan Elliott

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well he is coming from a w9 defense. Hold the point of attack and eat blockers. Hope he works out. Guess ill go dig up some videos and check him out.
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
I don't understand these low tier players that get a good chunk of cash.

Example: Elliot 5mil/yr, Odom 5 mil, Gross-Matos 9 mil.
19 mil there where you could actually get a stud

The team needs bodies and playable depth.

I completely agree with you. Especially because the draft is full of back of rotation DT. Additionally we need spend some resources on offensive line. I just don't understand why they keep ignoring it!!

It's called a rotation and not just 2 good pass rushers. We need depth, especially if we have injuries and to try and keep our guys fresh for the playoffs.

this guy seems like a good run blocker too, which we desperately need.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Well… people are acting like we picked up Tomlinson. lol

I don't get this move. I know we need DTs, but if we want a cheap one why not wait longer? surely their price would go down, no?

It's like we slow play the top free agents and are the first to sign the low level ones. I'm having Baalke flashbacks.

Solid rotational DT. Not sure what the cash is, I actually don't hate it.

Grover Stewart or Teair Tart would have been nice.

What's a good chunk of cash? That's peanuts in the grain scheme of things.

Ya'll gotta wait for the actual breakdown of these deals instead of doing simple math to determine how much they actually get per yr.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
AA's replacement.

Feel more like a kinlaw replacement
still want that big wide back body
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Grover Stewart or Teair Tart would have been nice.

Stewart got 3 yrs $40M and I'll bet money a lot more GTD cash.

we need a rotation and Jordan will be part of it, I actually don't hate it at all

I feel like that this FA period will either make them look like geniuses or fools who overpaid for subpar players. Elliott is another bust like Gross-Matos.
Originally posted by 25213646:
I completely agree with you. Especially because the draft is full of back of rotation DT. Additionally we need spend some resources on offensive line. I just don't understand why they keep ignoring it!!

What offensive line FA are you spending money on? The cupboard is bare. Unless you want to massively overspend on a OG, which is foolish given the draft prospects out there.

Browns had a f**king good D and he was part of it. He's better than Kinlaw

• GEEK
  • Veteran

Two reasons. 1) These amounts are "up to $xM" if performance incentives are achieved like starts, production, etc and 2) the NFL salary cap has doubled in the last 10 years ('14 $133M vs '24 $255M) so you are seeing an inflation factor on contracts across high, medium, and low priced deals.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I think Dalvin Tomlinson was their main 2i, but I'm not 100% positive

I like that Elliott isn't small. No more mini IDL please.

He's 6'4" and 300 pounds, more of a finesse guy and technician than a size power monster.
One things for sure, Lynch sure loves himself a DL.

Underwhelming off-season so far.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I feel like that this FA period will either make them look like geniuses or fools who overpaid for subpar players. Elliott is another bust like Gross-Matos.

Who is actually in charge of player personnel? That's usually the guy tasked with finding FA's. Man those numbers re pretty sad
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This is the first time I have significant reservations in our personnel department within the front office. These signings are to augment draft busts and I'm not warm and fuzzy about any of them.
Share 49ersWebzone